Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

who wins?

Total votes: 0

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

Post by jacksonoaks »

thoughts????
Last edited by jacksonoaks on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Oak Hill Vs. Waterford

Post by Tartanblue »

will be a good ball game

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

has Cunningham played anyone with the size of JD?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

How big is JD?

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

I am going with Waterford in this one.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

If the Cats play with the same intensity that they played tonight. I'll take the Cats.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

6'5 maybe 6'6

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Ill take Waterford by 15, no match for Cunningham down low

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Waterford by 10. Oak Hill was TERRIBLE tonight and last week when I saw them. I just dont see the hype and how they have won so many games. Seems to me if a team has a real inside prescence(WATERFORD) or some great outside shooting...that they could pick Oak Hill apart piece by piece. The only reason Oak Hill didnt get blown out was because number 21 shot 1.000 percent from the floor. They're "big man" couldnt make a layup. I'm just not feeling the hype. Go Cats!
Last edited by gh123 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Oaks will get the train a rolling.
Oaks by 10.

Waterford isn't that great, they have lost to Southern and Trimble.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Southern is no cake walk...and I believe they lost AT trimble..and if you've never played there...lets just say the Lakers could lose to Trimble at Trimble..ANNNNNNNNNNNND....Waterford is on fire...Oak Hill is slumping BAD.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

The way Oak Hill played tonight I would take Waterford, Southern or Trimble to have beat them.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

I thought oaks weren't going to be tested till the regional finals?

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

jacksonoaks wrote:Waterford isn't that great, they have lost to Southern and Trimble.

Southern used to be an impossible place to play when they had even the slightest bit of talent..........
Waterford still should have beat Trimble at Trimble, the Tomcats weren't very good this year.......
The TVC outside of 3 teams(Alex/VC/Waterford) was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down this year...........

I think Oak Hills challenging schedule will get them through this one. Cunningham will get his but I think Oak Hill takes what really matters here..the win.

ProtecThisHouse
Riding the Bench

Post by ProtecThisHouse »

If Waterford's guards play the way they did against Manchester.. (24 really impressed me) and Cunningham plays the way he did then Waterford comes out on top.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

The Gloaming wrote:
jacksonoaks wrote:Waterford isn't that great, they have lost to Southern and Trimble.

I think Oak Hills challenging schedule will get them through this one. Cunningham will get his but I think Oak Hill takes what really matters here..the win.

Challenging schedule? Are you kidding me? I think anyone who knows basketball knows they did not have a challenging schedule. How many SOC schools made it out of Sectionals? SOC 2 schools, I believe only one made it. South Gallia, Symmes Valley, a mediocre Canton Team. These are not exactly world beating competition.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Oak Hills big man is better then you think. Have ever when Norm got this far with The Peake he normally choked.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I think that it is funny how people watch a one or two games and think that they know this Oak Hill team. I do think that Waterford will give them a great game and could even win, this is the tournament by the way. But if Oak Hill plays like they are capable of then they will win by 15.

They aren't ranked 4th in the state for nothing.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Regulator wrote:
The Gloaming wrote:

Challenging schedule? Are you kidding me? I think anyone who knows basketball knows they did not have a challenging schedule. How many SOC schools made it out of Sectionals? SOC 2 schools, I believe only one made it. South Gallia, Symmes Valley, a mediocre Canton Team. These are not exactly world beating competition.

Those SOC teams you talk about are in D3 and D2 the only ones in D4 are Oak Hill and Webster. You put Wheelersburg, Valley , Minford, or Waverly in D4 they would be playing in the Districts Finals.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I think Oak Hills challenging schedule will get them through this one. Cunningham will get his but I think Oak Hill takes what really matters here..the win.[/quote]

Those SOC teams you talk about are in D3 and D2 the only ones in D4 are Oak Hill and Webster. You put Wheelersburg, Valley , Minford, or Waverly in D4 they would be playing in the Districts Finals.[/quote]

Yeah, you are right, that is because D4 as a whole is very weak in SE Ohio. My point is, Oak Hill did not play that challenging of a schedule. Ok, Ok, The SOC 2 was great. lol. However look at the non league schedule they played. NOT SO GREAT. I believe none of their non league teams made it out of sectionals.
I am not saying Oak Hill is not a good or great team. I just think they will have to play much better if they want to make it out of districts. I will give the edge to Oak Hill because Norm always seems to get it done. Another point, they better get it done this year, because next year they will be back in D 3 and it will be very good next year. Can't see them beating Piketon, Zane Trace, Westfall, Fairland, Chesapeake, Ironton, etc.....

Return to “Boys Basketball”