Riding the Bench

Re: North Adams vs. Piketon

Post by Joesouth »

To much size, Piketon by 10

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Easy fellas, this one will be closer then people think. To take the words outta one of my good friends mouth, "NA is more disciplined then we are, we are too selfish". So we, when I say we I mean Piketon, we need to play better team ball this game or we will be in trouble. Yes I agree that we have too much size for NA, but they are fundamentally sound ball club. Brabson is a match-up nightmare for almost everyone so NA will have to figure out what they are gonna do with him, and they have to keep the big guys off the boards. It will be interesting to see if Piketon plays the zone because NA has alot of shooters.

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

I think it will come down to the wire, 5 point ball game could go either way in the 4th. If it goes into OT, I take NA by 3, they come alive in that extra 4 minutes, and find a way to put it away, time after time...Eastern Brown, Portsmouth, and Zane Trace.

oxcowboy
Waterboy

Post by oxcowboy »

Bring it on piketon ! i dont think the people in devil land fear too many teams. NA has a deeper bench and alot of scorers. defense and quickness will be the key. should be a great game i will take my devils by 7.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Who is the other Regional game in that division? Good luck to to the Green Devils...two great teams with alot of talent.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

TAR HEEL FAN44 wrote:Who is the other Regional game in that division? Good luck to to the Green Devils...two great teams with alot of talent.

Buckeye Trail (who defeated Highland) will play Grandview Heights (who defeated Garaway) 8:00 Wednesday at the Convo.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

when and where will this game be played at?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Keys to this game will be North Adams ability to rebound the ball on the defensive end, and not give up easy baskets with their 2-2-1 zone press that a side from a few possessions early yesterday doesnt create turnovers. I cant/dont see NA playing man to man much because they cant keep people in front of them and everybody on Piketon's team can put the ball on the floor and drive and than rebound their misses. I thought NA did a good job moving the basketball in their halfcourt offense for the first 3 quarters yesterday. Although Brabson and Smith are capable of making shots I do not think outside shooting is one of their strengths and I would want Piketon to beat me from the outside and not under the basket with penetration and offensive rebounds.
Last edited by jimmy chipwood on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

I thought Piketon was the best team I saw at the waverly sectional, they have great size, good point guard, run the floor exeptionaly well and have more than one scorer, they might have the best defensive player in southern ohio.
N.A. is a very well coached ballclub and have one of the better all around players in this area, they have showed they can win close ballgames and wont panic when it comes down to crunch time.
If Piketon wins the battle of the boards they win the ballgame imo.
So again Im going with my neighbors in Pike County
Piketon 67- North Adams 62

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

NA pressure will hurt Piketon...

North Adams 70
Piketon 67

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Evan Legg will handle the pressure just fine.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

NA by 12. Piketon can't stop Unger or Jimison.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

When will this game be played?

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Piketon by 12. NA can't stop Brabson or Southworth.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Piketon definitely has the size and athletic advantage but I feel the key will be keeping the bigs (Brabson / Southworth) out of foul trouble. One fouled out I believe in the 3rd qtr. yesterday and the other with 4 fouls didn't return in the 4th qtr. until about 4 minutes left in the game so this will be big. NA is very disciplined, play within the system and have very good shooters at crunchtime so don't count them out. IMO If Piketon doesn't get in foul trouble then I think they'll win by 10 but if not I think they'll fall short by 5.

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

the third big Brush is the one who fouled out in the third.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Sorry hbk123 :? , It was Brush whol fouled out in the 3rd, my mistake but all three (Brabson, Southworth and Brush) will have to be on the floor at the end of the game to beat NA.

Return to “Boys Basketball”