Riding the Bench

SOC ALL-STAR GAME

Post by Interested In All »

When and where is the SOC game

bystander
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC ALL-STAR GAME

Post by bystander »

I'd also like to know when and where. Any of you coaches out there please help.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

It is on Tuesday, March 24th and will be played at Valley High School. That is what the Valley AD has told the boosters - so they can prepare for the game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

So if Oak Hill keeps winning and makes it to the Fianl 4 then no one from the Oaks will be there. Why don't they wait until the tourney is completely over so the kids from the SOC II championship team can play in their own showcase tourney? I believe they did the same thing when the Burg went to the final 4 two years ago and none of those kids got to play in their own conferences all star game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:So if Oak Hill keeps winning and makes it to the Fianl 4 then no one from the Oaks will be there. Why don't they wait until the tourney is completely over so the kids from the SOC II championship team can play in their own showcase tourney? I believe they did the same thing when the Burg went to the final 4 two years ago and none of those kids got to play in their own conferences all star game.

Thats correct, the Burg players did not play. I think maybe it has to do with baseball and track? I know most season start by them, and I'd say the spring coaches dont want their Senior stars "risking" and injury in a meaningless game?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

No, it had to do with the All Star game being played before the Burg was finished with basketball since they were in the Final 4. The same thing will happen to Oak Hill if they make it. The All Star game is the 24th and the finals are the 26th, 27th and 28th. Why not wait one more week just so this doesn't happen?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:No, it had to do with the All Star game being played before the Burg was finished with basketball since they were in the Final 4. The same thing will happen to Oak Hill if they make it. The All Star game is the 24th and the finals are the 26th, 27th and 28th. Why not wait one more week just so this doesn't happen?

We've established that....And I said maybe the track and baseball coaches want their star seniors playing the sport they should be playing, not a meaningless game. Thats why I said, maybe the track and baseball coaches have something to do with the date not getting moved back....

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Okay, I got'cha now. My bad.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Okay, I got'cha now. My bad.

It's all good, but that's the only reason I can actually think of?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

The OVC should have one too.

Return to “Boys Basketball”