SOC1 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Basketballfan
Waterboy

SOC1 09-10 Scores and Standings

Post by Basketballfan »

who do you think will win the soc this season?

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC 1 09-10

Post by Dr Lou »

Clay or Eastern.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Eastern will be solid, but have huge holes to fill in losing Osborne and Helton. Clay and East will both also be very solid. However, in my opinion, the odds on favorite will have to be Symmes Valley. They have Tibbs (best player in the league) and their entire roster back from was told.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

wattsup wrote:I agree Dr Lou, Clay and Eastern both had a lot of young talent. Clay was starting 2 and 3 sophomores last year and was led in scoring by Bussler and Valentine, both Sophs. There are some transfer rumours about East that would make them a tough contender, but I have heard these rumours before. Should be a balanced league next season.

haven't heard of any transfer rumors for East, but know they got a kid from Webster last year that can play this coming year

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

It will probably be a toss up of Clay, East, and Symmes next year. all three will be solid, with the underdog being Eastern, or Green. Green will be good but we will have to see who steps up 2 lead the team. Clay has a chance at sum transfers and a kid returning to play.
early summary of what i think
1.East
2.Clay
3.Symmes Valley
4.Green
5.Eastern
6.Notre Dame
7.Western

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I say that it will be close at top with Clay Eastern and Symmes Valley all going for the Soc 1 title then I think it has a little bit of a drop off from there

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

My picks are...

1.Eastern
2.Symmes Valley
3.East
4.Clay
5.Notre Dame
6.Green
7.New Boston
8.Western

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I thought east lost quite a bit of their players but I could be wrong

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

This is how I think its going to be. With Clay and Symmes Valley coming down to the last game to win SOC. Its goin to be a fun year in SOC I in the 09-10 basketball season.

1.Clay
2.Symmes Valley
3.East
4.Eastern
5.New Boston
6.Notre Dame
7.Green
8.Western

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East loses 6 seniors from last year...but they return alot as well.

tartanguard/forward
Waterboy

Post by tartanguard/forward »

East returns rawlins, jordan garrett and jon garrett, and some jv scrubs, thats about it but definently should be a contender

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

Eastern but clay and east could suprise some people

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Who is the kid that came to east from Webster
And also I am pretty sure the Messer Kid is no longer enrolled at East

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

1-New Boston
2-Clay
3-Symmes Valley
4-East
5-Eastern
6-Green
7-Notre Dame
8-Western

Continuing the discussion about Messer, from what i've heard, he is wanting to attend New Boston. If that is true, he will be a great addition to the Tiger squad. Bringing Defense, which coach Stapleton loves :122249 and the ability to hit the 3.

*Just A Rumor*

Go Tigers!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

-varsity- wrote:1-New Boston
2-Clay
3-Symmes Valley
4-East
5-Eastern
6-Green
7-Notre Dame
8-Western

Continuing the discussion about Messer, from what i've heard, he is wanting to attend New Boston. If that is true, he will be a great addition to the Tiger squad. Bringing Defense, which coach Stapleton loves :122249 and the ability to hit the 3.

*Just A Rumor*

Go Tigers!

Eastern gets 2nd this year and lose 2 players and you have them as 5th? I was NOT expecting them to be #1 on very many folks lists but the Eagles deserve more respect than 5th!
Last edited by Eaglesnest on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Its def. not going to be New Boston no disrespect but there good but dont know if they can pull it off. I think it going to be a tight race between Clay, Eastern and Symmes Valley. IMO Good Luck to all!!!!

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

I believe New Boston will be able to pull out a lot more wins than they did last year. Coach Stapleton has his boys determined and ready to compete for a league title this upcoming season. I agree with Eastern deserving a little bit more respect than that. They did a great job last year. My apologies. But thats just how i think the stands will come to an end. With a determined Tiger Squad coming out on top.

And to clear up all the Tyler Messer talk, He enrolled in New Boston today. And i know Mr. Tyler Messer personally and he said he is very exciting about playing for the Tigers!

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

no disrespect to new boston but they lost there top three players from last year, but pick up 1 very good player too. they seem like a very unexsperienced team with messer prolly goin to lead them this year. Eastern will be descent, i want to c who shows up to lead that team ths year, because if they find sum1 they will be good. Symmes Valley has the most coming back this year, with Tibbs winning the POY. Clay will be a contender too, they have a lot of starters back, and have a lot coming up, and hitting the weights. they should be in the running. but i think the team to beat this coming year will be east. they have a lot of starters back, and should be very solid. heres another preseason ranking.
1.East
2.Symmes Valley/ Clay
3.Eastern
4.Green
5.ND
6.Western

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

no disrespect to new boston but they lost there top three players from last year, but pick up 1 very good player too. they seem like a very unexsperienced team with messer prolly goin to lead them this year. Eastern will be descent, i want to c who shows up to lead that team ths year, because if they find sum1 they will be good. Symmes Valley has the most coming back this year, with Tibbs winning the POY. Clay will be a contender too, they have a lot of starters back, and have a lot coming up, and hitting the weights. they should be in the running. but i think the team to beat this coming year will be east. they have a lot of starters back, and should be very solid. heres another preseason ranking.
1.East
2.Symmes Valley/ Clay
3.Eastern
4.Green
5.ND
6.NB
7.Western

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

New Boston did loose their 3 top players from last year and yes, they arent going to be easy to replace. But the Tigers are going to be experienced since they were involved in so many close games. Messer will be an asset to the team, but he wont be the only leader. This team will have many leaders. Coach Stapleton is looking for all the upper classmen to step and play a key role in having success. I still stand by my decision by putting the Tigers ahead of the rest in the standings. I think it will be a tight race amung the top teams in the league. Those teams being Eastern, Symmes Valley,Clay, East, and of course, New Boston.

No1 knows how the league standings are going to turn out but just a friendly reminder, these are just predictions. No disrespect to any of the teams in the SOC I.

Good Luck 2 all!

Return to “Boys Basketball”