Glenwood 2011-2012

ucanttouchthis
Waterboy

Glenwood 2011-2012

Post by ucanttouchthis »

Whats your thoughts about this years team?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Glenwood 2011-2012

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston's non league schedule shows Ironton St.Joseph home and away, Wellston away, Northwest at home, and West Union at home.

It is too early to tell what the Tigers will have! Good Luck Tigers!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

What all do the Tigers have coming back?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

How did your scrimmage go sat. ??

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

I have not heard anything about any of the scrimmages they have had. They have several players returning and will surprise some teams we hope!

The schedule for December starts 12/2

12/2 Ironton St.Joseph (Home) (Won 72-28)

12/6 The game at Wellston has been postponed until January 28 according to the school website.

12/9 at Green (Won 58-48)

12/13 West (Home) (Won 57-50)

12/16 at Eastern Pike (Lost 54-65)

12/20 Notre Dame (Home) (Lost 45-60)

12/29 Northwest (Home) (Won 56-41)

1/6 Western (Home) (Won 55-52)

1/10 at Symmes Valley (Lost 67-69)

1/13 at East (postponed) make up date is 2/10

1/17 at Clay (Won 79-50)

1/20 Green (Home) postponed, make up date is 2/14.

1/21 West Union (Home) homecoming (Won 68-49)

1/24 Eastern (Home) (Lost 60-64)

1/27 at Notre Dame (Lost 64-67)

1/28 at Wellston (including JV and Varsity girls and JV and Varsity Boys (Lost 52-72)

1/31 at Western (Won 75-46)

2/3 Symmes Valley (Home) (Won 69-67)

2/7 at Ironton St.Joseph (Won 53-51)

2/10 at East (makeup) (Won 84-81 in 2 overtimes)

2/14 Green (Home) makeup

2/17 Clay (Home)

2/18 East (Home)

Go Tigers!
Last edited by a_c_m on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 72
Ironton St.Joseph 28

The Tigers opened the season hosting the Flyers from St.Joseph in a non conference game. Congratulations Tigers! Excellent team play!

The game scheduled for Tuesday at Wellston has been changed to January 28. Next game for the Tigers is 12/9 as they go to Franklin Furnace to meet the Bobcats of Green. Green won tonight in a non conference game with West 39-35.

The JV game went to the Flyers as they came from double digits down in the fourth to extend the game into overtime and came away with a 2 or 3 pt win. I believe the score was 51-49? Congrats young Flyers!

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

It obviously had no bearing on the outcome of the game but I thought that was one of the most poorly officiated games I have ever seen. For starters, I found it odd that the officials didn't seem to understand the purpose of the restraining line. Shouldn't they look into those things? Plus, there were several throw-ins before they called the first violation (which was correctly overturned) and you cannot get completely out of bounds when throwing the ball in at New Boston so there were plenty of violations that could have been incorrectly called before that one.

Also, I couldn't see the reason for the first technical because I was shielded by one of the posts in the bleachers but found it a bit much that the one official came from a considerable distance away to call the second technical. He must have really good ears to have heard something offensive from that far away while the player was being pulled the other direction. That same official chose to put his own exclamation point on the game by throwing out three fans from St. Joe. I noticed once while he was working the baseline he didn't look down at the baseline while a player was dribbling along the baseline but he sure seemed to hear everything coming out of the SJ section. He just seemed to have some unusual priorities.

Officials should never have an influence on the outcome of a game but thanks to this official for ejecting a SJ player, this official gets to have an influence on the next 2 SJ games.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

congrats tigers

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:It obviously had no bearing on the outcome of the game but I thought that was one of the most poorly officiated games I have ever seen. For starters, I found it odd that the officials didn't seem to understand the purpose of the restraining line. Shouldn't they look into those things? Plus, there were several throw-ins before they called the first violation (which was correctly overturned) and you cannot get completely out of bounds when throwing the ball in at New Boston so there were plenty of violations that could have been incorrectly called before that one.

Also, I couldn't see the reason for the first technical because I was shielded by one of the posts in the bleachers but found it a bit much that the one official came from a considerable distance away to call the second technical. He must have really good ears to have heard something offensive from that far away while the player was being pulled the other direction. That same official chose to put his own exclamation point on the game by throwing out three fans from St. Joe. I noticed once while he was working the baseline he didn't look down at the baseline while a player was dribbling along the baseline but he sure seemed to hear everything coming out of the SJ section. He just seemed to have some unusual priorities.

Officials should never have an influence on the outcome of a game but thanks to this official for ejecting a SJ player, this official gets to have an influence on the next 2 SJ games.

I have a couple of things to say! First of all, why can't you say something positive about the game and give the Tigers credit for their efforts. Another thing, those officials have never been in Glenwood officiating a game. I do not know where they were from but they were not from this area. And one more thing, have you ever been to a St Joe game as a visitor.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I didn't comment about New Boston's play because honestly I didn't really notice and don't really care. Not trying to be rude but you asked.

I didn't say anything regarding where those officials were from because that didn't matter. I made it clear that I didn't think anyone cheated, just that they were bad. I feel that when a game is clearly over it is poor judgment to eject players or coaches. That is just adding insult to injury. Add to that ejecting a few fans and it was just over the top. Plus how hard is it to call the restraining line correctly and consistently? Both teams violated it all night and the only time it was called it was done so incorrectly.

My son plays for SJ so I have obviously never been a visitor there but I am sure you'll have a comment about it since you brought it up.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The game was out of control 3 minutes into it. New Boston should be forced to find another home gym or play all road games. Games there are nothing but a street fight. Stapleton thought he got cheated at ISJ last year, well he got payback tonight and congrats on leaving your starters in up by 40.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:I didn't comment about New Boston's play because honestly I didn't really notice and don't really care. Not trying to be rude but you asked.

I didn't say anything regarding where those officials were from because that didn't matter. I made it clear that I didn't think anyone cheated, just that they were bad. I feel that when a game is clearly over it is poor judgment to eject players or coaches. That is just adding insult to injury. Add to that ejecting a few fans and it was just over the top. Plus how hard is it to call the restraining line correctly and consistently? Both teams violated it all night and the only time it was called it was done so incorrectly.

My son plays for SJ so I have obviously never been a visitor there but I am sure you'll have a comment about it since you brought it up.
I am not going to lower myself to your level! I have a lot of pride in the Tigers. I also have always complemented the Flyers. I wish the Flyers well the rest of the season and this conversation is over.

Congrats Tigers!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:The game was out of control 3 minutes into it. New Boston should be forced to find another home gym or play all road games. Games there are nothing but a street fight. Stapleton thought he got cheated at ISJ last year, well he got payback tonight and congrats on leaving your starters in up by 40.
The senior starters were not in the game in the 4th quarter. The kids that were on the floor were all underclassmen and the one senior that does not start. You speak of our gym how small it is..........New Boston and St. Joe have played games for many years in the old gym at St.Joe at the girls varsity and junior high levels. We are building a new school finally and this is the last year in the Den.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

That is one good thing about tonight's game; it will thankfully be the last high school game I will ever have to watch there.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

So your Senior starters were not in the game but other starters were just like I said. ISJ had 4 or 5 Freshman in the game at that time. There is a big difference also between playing Girls and Jr High games at a small gym compared to playing Varsity boys. Boys that age are so much bigger and faster and more aggressive that it turns the game into exactly what I said, a street fight. ACM you have always been positive to ISJ but tonights game in any eyes was poorly called and got out of hand thanks to officials more concerned with what the fans were doing than calling a fair game.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

a_c_m wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:The game was out of control 3 minutes into it. New Boston should be forced to find another home gym or play all road games. Games there are nothing but a street fight. Stapleton thought he got cheated at ISJ last year, well he got payback tonight and congrats on leaving your starters in up by 40.
The senior starters were not in the game in the 4th quarter. The kids that were on the floor were all underclassmen and the one senior that does not start. You speak of our gym how small it is..........New Boston and St. Joe have played games for many years in the old gym at St.Joe at the girls varsity and junior high levels. We are building a new school finally and this is the last year in the Den.

I think it was a show of extremely poor sportsmanship on the nb coach to have ANY STARTER still in the game, not to mention have them shooting 3's , when ur up 40 at the end of the 3rd period. i guess he could have been worried SJ would make a run, which was very unlikely as they had their freshman team on the floor at the time. Nice win nb , wish u only the best :roll: :roll: :roll: . As for the player getting tossed, the kid was attempting to save the ball out of bounds and DIDN't intentionally throw the ball into the wall. now i can not defend the second technical, even if you get screwed on the first call you have to know when to keep ur mouth SHUT! Good luck Flyers on the rest of the season!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...New Boston High school has to be ONE OF the oldest if not THE oldest high schools/gyms in Southern Ohio ... THAT small gym has seen more great basketball teams/players than any other gym in Southern Ohio (both NB players and opponents) over the years ... TEAMS coming INTO that gym KNOW what they are getting into - have KNOWN for DECADES ... blaming a loss on THE GYM?... 10 ft rims right? ...

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

i have reread this thread and can't find any post that blamed the loss on the gym. only that it is a true crap hole to play, or watch a ballgame in. I only spoke of the technical fouls and the sportsmanship, or lack thereof, of the nb coach which shouldn't be disputed by anyone who witnessed the game.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I didn't read where anyone is blaming the loss on the gym or the officials so let's not try to read between the lines.

My feelings are this; SJ lost and was not the better team on this night. The officials were awful but did not influence the outcome of this game. I also thought the officials lost control of the game and contributed to the game getting out of hand.

Finally, I am glad to never have to watch another high school game in that gym. I do not enjoy watching games there and that includes games my team has won.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... "New Boston should be forced to find another home gym or play all road games. Games there are nothing but a street fight." ... "Plus how hard is it to call the restraining line correctly and consistently? Both teams violated it all night and the only time it was called it was done so incorrectly." ..."That is one good thing about tonight's game; it will thankfully be the last high school game I will ever have to watch there." ... again he says "10 ft rims?" ... my point was that the New Boston gym has been in PLAY for decades ... "forced to play all road games?!!" ... you have to play WHERE ever the game is tipped off ... does New Boston even have 10 players??? ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”