S.O.C. 1 FRESHMAN

Lightle04
SE

S.O.C. 1 FRESHMAN

Post by Lightle04 »

Just trying to get a feel for the varsity and reserve teams in the league any freshman going to make some noise this year in highschool.

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: S.O.C. 1 FRESHMAN

Post by Eaglesnest »

For Eastern Pike, I believe they have 2 that could contribute and maybe even start?? Hopefully, that will push some of the returners.

Chad Lands-very good point guard that is well put together for a kid going to be a freshman next year. Very good ball handler that gets to the rim real well.

Tavarez Pickett (not sure of spelling)-very talented kid that is probably 6-2 already that can handle, shoot, and board well.

I would say if they both get stronger...they will make some noise this season.

the toro loco
Riding the Bench

Post by the toro loco »

Yes i agree, but there not gonna "wreck the party", they will have to work there tails off in the off-season to acomplish what i think they can acomplish!

tartanguard/forward
Waterboy

Post by tartanguard/forward »

Shane Buckley from new boston, played with him a few times and lets just say he is very very very fast and an excelent ball handler.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

I agree Tartan Guard/Foward. Buckley is lighting quick and has to ability to make something out of nothing. Just give him time to mature and learn about playing on the Varsity level.

Anyone else to talk about?

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Eaglesnest, I agree with you that Lands and Pickett should make an impact on the varsity level as freshman, as the Eagles need a good backup ball handler and another big to throw in when Montgomery or Wheeler need a break. I however don't see them starting this season, as their are 5 returning varsity players that are deserving starting spots that I can't see them losing their starting spots to either freshman. 3 of them which are returning starters. I see Thornsberry, Lawhorn, Mcvey, Wheeler, and Montgomery as the starters for this upcoming season. Lands and Pickett will be a definite help off the bench though and should push the starters to get better.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

J-Bird i agree.But i also think PIKETT is going to be a real matchup problem for soc1 teams if over the summer he develops a 15 foot jumper wow! were all in trouble!!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

The kid from east i know know one wants to say it but the kid is going to be a player just needs some floor disapline.And a coach that will keep him in check.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

lightle04 wrote:The kid from east i know know one wants to say it but the kid is going to be a player just needs some floor disapline.And a coach that will keep him in check.

I agree...with the right coach and not everything being put on him he will be good.

another that will be good is Toleman from Notre Dame, still wish he was at east

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

J-Bird wrote:Eaglesnest, I agree with you that Lands and Pickett should make an impact on the varsity level as freshman, as the Eagles need a good backup ball handler and another big to throw in when Montgomery or Wheeler need a break. I however don't see them starting this season, as their are 5 returning varsity players that are deserving starting spots that I can't see them losing their starting spots to either freshman. 3 of them which are returning starters. I see Thornsberry, Lawhorn, Mcvey, Wheeler, and Montgomery as the starters for this upcoming season. Lands and Pickett will be a definite help off the bench though and should push the starters to get better.

J-Bird,

I agree that the list you provided probably should start. Still, I got to see roughly half the games last year and Wheeler and Montgomery seem to play like they don't even care at times? I did see Lands and Pickett play alot and they always give their all. That is why I through that out there. The seniors better put the time in or it is not "impossible" for these talented freshman to take their spot. I say play whoever works the hardest!

Anyhow, anyone see how these Freshman stackup against the juniors and seniors? Anyone been to an open gym?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Tartanblue wrote:
lightle04 wrote:The kid from east i know know one wants to say it but the kid is going to be a player just needs some floor disapline.And a coach that will keep him in check.

I agree...with the right coach and not everything being put on him he will be good.

another that will be good is Toleman from Notre Dame, still wish he was at east

Tartan,

Who is the freshman from East? What position does he play?

Thanks.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I believe if lightle and I are talking about the same kid it would be J. Cragier he will be a freshman and will most likely be a guard for the Tartans

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Yes thats who im refering to.My sons team played them twice last year and Craiger played well both game splitting with Western on the season.

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

Clay has 1 freshman coming up that may be good if he gets stronger his name is Jake Griffin, just came from New Boston. He seems to handle and shoot pretty well

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Western has some freshman that will i think develope into decent players but it will depend on there comitment in the summers to get stronger and play smarter and continue learning the game by LISTINING TO THERE COACH.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

I have no idea who is the freshman for clay, but i will guarrantee the best will be Chandler King

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

candystore wrote:I have no idea who is the freshman for clay, but i will guarrantee the best will be Chandler King

Well Chandler King is going to be a sophomore so he is out of the question

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

i THINK THERES A KID NAMED hiles OUT there.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

ttt

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

lightle04 wrote:i THINK THERES A KID NAMED hiles OUT there.

he is going to be a sophomore

Return to “Boys Basketball”