Best Big Men in Area

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Best Big Men in Area

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Who are the best post players around here?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Best Big Men in Area

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Andy Stegman, Wheelersburg.

Though not a true "post player", he is pretty much a force to be reckoned with underneath the bucket and was almost unstoppable as a soph last season. He will only get stronger and better in the next two seasons.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

If Chillicothe's Malik London works on his game this summer and gets in the weight room he will easily be the best big man in the area! He struggled at times because he looked lost but he was a Freshman, he also struggled getting rebounds because of his lack of being in the weight room! He did though take it to Portsmouth last year with a huge game! Malik if by any chance you read these post take my advice and get in the weight room and the sky would be the limit!!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Hank Leslie and Andy Stegman....

Also not a post player but Kris Tibbs at Symmes Valley is the real deal, 6"5 and can play anywhere and shoot the lights out.Kid is a great talent.

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Post by gymrat »

Malik London. No doubt about it. Played only half of a season as a freshman because of grades and he is already on ESPN.com as a potential top 100 recruit in his class. No one in SEO even compares to what this kid will be like over the next 3 years. HOPEFULLY, (hopefully), he will have us Chilli fans saying Givens who?, Chambers who? and with the talent around him...maybe help bring another state title to the Cavaliers.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

nooknook78 wrote:
bvmv4life wrote:If Chillicothe's Malik London works on his game this summer and gets in the weight room he will easily be the best big man in the area! He struggled at times because he looked lost but he was a Freshman, he also struggled getting rebounds because of his lack of being in the weight room! He did though take it to Portsmouth last year with a huge game! Malik if by any chance you read these post take my advice and get in the weight room and the sky would be the limit!!!

I heard about London...How tall is he? If I'm not mistaken he's already been offered with The Ohio State University by Thad Matta. Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

he's listed at 6'8" in chillicothes school web site

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Hank Leslie is at the top...

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

keenan brush if he hits the weight room and works on his shot.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

CANNIBAL,

true, but he is already a junior, he will have to put in alot of work.

But as far as overall I think, Caleb Southworth. He isn't polished on the offensive end, but he can get putbacks over almost anyone. And he is the best defender among the big man in the area, he is so athletic, I don't think any big men in the area can match that with him.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Vlade Divacs, Wellston

:?:

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^
Who?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

bengalfan76 wrote:^^^^
Who?

Google Vlade Divacs

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

KrAm wrote:CANNIBAL,

But as far as overall I think, Caleb Southworth. He isn't polished on the offensive end, but he can get putbacks over almost anyone. And he is the best defender among the big man in the area, he is so athletic, I don't think any big men in the area can match that with him.

Don't confuse speed with athleticism. Southworth has basically no leaping ability or real agility. either that, or he has such bad basketball instincts that it cancels out. He's fast...but for a 6'6" kid who is such an athlete on the track and football field, he doesn't seem to be much of a factor on the court. In the tourney when he got the breakaway by himself at the end of the westfall game, and he couldn't even get a clean dunk down...that eliminated the word "athletic" from my list of verbs for him. Long, strong, fast...yes...athletic, agile, explosive....No

The answer to this question by the end of the year will be Malik London. Length, Hops, Touch...he's got many skills to work with in his 6'8" frame. If he can become more assertive this year and learn to dominate down low like he is capable of, he'll show why he's being recruited by the schools that he is, they know what he is capable of. he just has to go out there and show it.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

No question that Malik London has tremendous upside........his defense is the best I have seen for a high school player of his age........offensively I hope he doesn't get content with just scoring around the basket.......adding a short range jumper to his arsenal will cause major headaches for opposing players and coaches.

I have seen Dion McKinley of Portsmouth progress tremendously since the end of last season........offensively he has a wide variety of skills...... he can score inside or knock down the 3........he just hasn't proven his game yet at the varsity level........his defense is behind his offense.......but he has the ability to crash the boards and alter shots........focus is what Dion must do on BOTH ends of the court.......the ability is there..........but there also will be an adjustment for him to the varsity game.......6-5 Dion and 6-5 Tre Underwood should give the Trojans a formidable frontcourt as the season progresses. Adding 6-5 Casey Sanders and 6-5 Kyle Ratliff to the mix and PHS has depth in the size department.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Dshanton3 wrote:
KrAm wrote:CANNIBAL,

Don't confuse speed with athleticism. Southworth has basically no leaping ability or real agility. either that, or he has such bad basketball instincts that it cancels out. He's fast...but for a 6'6" kid who is such an athlete on the track and football field, he doesn't seem to be much of a factor on the court. In the tourney when he got the breakaway by himself at the end of the westfall game, and he couldn't even get a clean dunk down...that eliminated the word "athletic" from my list of verbs for him. Long, strong, fast...yes...athletic, agile, explosive....No

The answer to this question by the end of the year will be Malik London. Length, Hops, Touch...he's got many skills to work with in his 6'8" frame. If he can become more assertive this year and learn to dominate down low like he is capable of, he'll show why he's being recruited by the schools that he is, they know what he is capable of. he just has to go out there and show it.

You kiddin' me? How can you say that kid is not athletic? Just 'cause he might not be able to dunk a ball he's not athletic? Maybe he can't palm a ball? Maybe he just has bad timing, but you are an idiot if you think he's not athletic. What's your definition of athletic? Tall and black like London?

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

nice profiling there with the "tall and black"

Athleticism to me is about body control, agility, grace, coordination, etc.

Southworth is fast...straight line fast. I'll give him that. But what does he really get out of his size on the basketball floor? he doesn't dominate on the glass, he doesn't block shots, he doesn't score in the post or driving to the basket, or really even in transition. and this is at the SVC level. So if he is so athletic what exactly is he doing out there? just running around? B/c i've seen guys like Ray Chambers dominate games because of their athleticism. Andrew Burleson from Wheelersburg years ago used to get out on the break and dominate with athleticism or beat people with his body control and ability to maneuver, jump, and position. He was fluid and he could move. Southworth is not fluid IMO. Like i said, either he's not that athletic or he doesn't have very good basketball instincts because he doesn't seem to do much with it. Maybe i have high standards but he just doesn't scream athlete to me.

Dave...i'm intrigued by this Mckinley kid b/c i can't say that i recall much about him. Only got the chance to see portsmouth once this year so maybe thats the reason. But i'm definitely going to keep an eye out for him b/c i know you know your stuff!

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Yea he might not be so graceful on the basketball floor but the kid is athletic. He's not a basketball player, he is a football player.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

Dshanton3 wrote:nice profiling there with the "tall and black"

Athleticism to me is about body control, agility, grace, coordination, etc.

Southworth is fast...straight line fast. I'll give him that. But what does he really get out of his size on the basketball floor? he doesn't dominate on the glass, he doesn't block shots, he doesn't score in the post or driving to the basket, or really even in transition. and this is at the SVC level. So if he is so athletic what exactly is he doing out there? just running around? B/c i've seen guys like Ray Chambers dominate games because of their athleticism. Andrew Burleson from Wheelersburg years ago used to get out on the break and dominate with athleticism or beat people with his body control and ability to maneuver, jump, and position. He was fluid and he could move. Southworth is not fluid IMO. Like i said, either he's not that athletic or he doesn't have very good basketball instincts because he doesn't seem to do much with it. Maybe i have high standards but he just doesn't scream athlete to me.

Dave...i'm intrigued by this Mckinley kid b/c i can't say that i recall much about him. Only got the chance to see portsmouth once this year so maybe thats the reason. But i'm definitely going to keep an eye out for him b/c i know you know your stuff!

You continue to display your relative lack of knowledge of the game with statements like that.

Return to “Boys Basketball”