TVC Ohio 2009-2010

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

TVC Ohio 2009-2010

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

What's everyone got coming back? Predictions? Will V.C. go undefeated in conference for the 4th straight year? Who can knock them off?
V.C. should be the team to beat again imo, they return 4 starters and a very deep bench.

Spartan
All Conference

Re: TVC Ohio 2009-2010

Post by Spartan »

Are the team, until somebody proves otherwise are the Vikings.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Vikings will roll through the league.....again :|

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Belpre loses Azar, Loyland (3 year starter) and Eaton, and also will have a new coach. This team has talent with leading scorer in the TVC and 2 time all TVC performer Markie Tate returning, Belpre also returns Waderker and Watkins, both pretty much 2 year starters. The team will look somethin like this....

Markie Tate, 6'2 senior, g-f
Channing Parsons, 5'10 senior, g
Pat Slattery, 6'0 senior, g-f
Josh Campbell, 6'1 senior, f
Jordan Williams, 5'11 senior, g-f
Tyler Leasure, 6'3 senior, c
Erik Waderker, 5'9 junior, g
Tyler Watkins, 6'1 junior, f
Rashawn Miller, 5'11 junior, g-f
Clay Ullman, 6'0 junior, g-f
Drew Nestor, 6'0 sophomore, g

The last varsity spot is up for grabs...their is a new kid named Jamal that just moved to Belpre from North Carolina..he will be a junior next year, so maybe he could contribute...Not a lot of height for Belpre next year...will have no real post presence as they have had in the past with Azar, Pfalzgraf and even Luke Nolan before that....My starting lineup would be

G- Erik Waderker
G- Rashawn Miller
G- Pat Slattery
F- Markie Tate
F- Tyler Watkins

With Parsons being the 6th man and also Leasur, Williams and Campbell...Belpre will be very experienced, being young is not an excuse for this team anymore...they should challenge everyone, but will have trouble rebounding against teams with bigger lineups.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

being uncoachible is an excuse for this team. Certain players do what they want no matter what their coach seems to say. They will once again be around .500 still have the big attitudes they did last year.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

You don't know any of these kids and you know nothing about their attitudes.These kids have played together since elementary school and they know how to play with each other as well as any team out there and they will be a competetive team

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Everyone would be uncoachable with Curt Plummer running the show...Stout would of been 15-5 with these kids, look at Markie Tate his freshman year when he played for Stout and then look at the last 2 years for Plummer. Tate played with a different kind of intensity his freshman year, he did all the little things that Stout wanted him to do...whenever Plummer and family took over he knew he could start doing whatever he wanted and they wouldnt say anything...and its not just Tate, everyone on this team is like this....they need discipline. Stout coached discipline, Plummer does not. Every kid knows they can go out there and do whatever they want and the coaches wont say anything to them.

Rocket Fuel
Waterboy

Post by Rocket Fuel »

Look for the Rockets to be back next year. With Coach Derrow back running the show I could see them contending for the TVC title.

luckyman00
Waterboy

Post by luckyman00 »

What is Coach Derrow's record the last 3 years?

rivercat
Freshman Team

Post by rivercat »

I think that VC will be the favorite, but the loss of Jake Prater will hurt. The Vikings may not have the defensive presence in the middle that they have had in past years. This team will however have great team speed and play with great intensity on the defensive end. Look for Athens to have a good season as well.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I do know the kids and I've set beside the parents of those kids in games and it's easy to see why they need discipline but at this point it's to late two years of doing what they want there is no coach that would be able to control them unless he just kicked them of the team or didn't allow the parents in the gym for games. I don't think the board would back anyone like that.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

athens78 wrote:I do know the kids and I've set beside the parents of those kids in games and it's easy to see why they need discipline but at this point it's to late two years of doing what they want there is no coach that would be able to control them unless he just kicked them of the team or didn't allow the parents in the gym for games. I don't think the board would back anyone like that.

I have known and watched these kids since they were in elementary school and i know they are very coachable if they have a coach who is competent and knowledgeable about the game.They haven't had that for two years with the current coaching staff.They may have been good players but that didn't make them good coaches. Given the right people to coach them they will be a fine team next year and will be very competetive.I don't know how you can say you know these kids when you probably only saw them play two games against Athens.You need to worry about your own teams attitudes,Belpre will be fine.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

I thought Belpre had plenty of talent last season. It just appeared that the coach did not seem to have alot of control over the team. Coupled with the fact that there were at least 3 coaches (parents) calling the shots in the front row. I had a chance to see Belpre at VC last season and after halftime, 3 different players were standing on the sidelines during warm up's getting instruction from parents. I could not believe my eyes! The Belpre staff did not seem to mind. I have really thought hard, and I do not know a single coach who would have witnessed that whom would have played a player who did that a single minute the rest of the game. If Belpre rights the ship, they could be dangerous this season.

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

luckyman00 wrote:What is Coach Derrow's record the last 3 years?

In the TVC:
2008: 1-9
2007: 2-8
2006: 2-8
2005: 0-10
2004: 4-6

Overall:
2008: 4-17
2007: 3-18
2006: 8-14
2005: 2-19
2004: 7-14

luckyman00
Waterboy

Post by luckyman00 »

Wellston record was 7-14 overall with 2 league wins

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VC the favorite for sure, but anything can happen.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Are there any transfers coming to any TVC Ohio team this year?

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Belpre has a new coach coming in Dave Parsons, Channings dad. but should be competitive. You have to say VC is the favorite though, VC will be the favorite every year until someone beats them...Going into the season you will have to look at it like this...

1. VC- almost everything back and very well coached, Guthrie will have a big year.
2. Alex- always at the top of the TVC-Ohio, very well coached team
3. Belpre- also almost always at the top of the TVC-Ohio standings, new coach coming in and return TVC-Ohio leading scorer, Markie Tate.
4a. Athens- biggest team in the TVC, so they will always a tough match for anyone.
4b. Meigs- Will be improved, i believe they return Clay Bolin and little brother Cameron...
6. Wellston- should also be improved, but still not enough to win the TVC
7. Nelsonville- also will be improved, might surprise some people

I think after VC, the Ohio should be very competitive, i dont think VC will have another undefeated season, but they will win the TVC-Ohio.

Just a pre-season prediction...subject to change after some summer ball/scrimmages.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs will lose clay bolin. he graduated with honors. they also lose gabe hill and cory hutton.those are big holes.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:Are there any transfers coming to any TVC Ohio team this year?

Brock Winston has moved to Vinton County his Dad works at Austin Powder he is 6' 6" tall has a nice game Vinton County post game will be hard to match.

Return to “Boys Basketball”