Zane Trace Tip off Classic -2011

Post by defenserules »

anyone have the schedule for this year?
thanks!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Zane Trace Tip off Classic -2011

Post by pfloyd »

... No one has a "menu" for the ZT Tip-Off ??? ... ALWAYS the "first" stop for the Pfloyd Tour for the SE Ohio hoops season ... great chance to see 9 games or so ... 16-18 teams from around SEOhio as they tip off their 2011-12 campaigns ... I'm pumped!!! right now I'm healthy - last year I had just come off "cancer surgery" on my leg, wasn't in great shape LOL BUT the people at ZT have been outstanding hosts every year - looking forward to the same this year the first weekend in December ...

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC takes on Huntington

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Dundas for the heads-up on the VC vs Huntington matchup ... What does Coach Combs' troops bring to the hardwood this season ? ... Huntington has been picked by some to be THE team to beat in the SVC this season ... looking forward to catching a Cheap Seat view of this one that 1st weekend in December ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the first "official" day for Hoops practice/contact is November 4th ... going to dust off the Ouija Board this weekend, round up ALL of the Napkin Stats from last season so the Committee of One - me - can put together the Pre-Season Pfloyd Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEastern Ohio ... looking forward to getting back in the gym ! the Cheap Seats !! ...

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

The Westfall Mustangs will battle the Greenfield McClain Tigers.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

LE is playing Hillsboro and ZT is taking on Lucasville Valley.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... that's what I'm talking about! bman,Roger Mink - thank you! ... starting to get a feel for what we will be seeing in ZT :

ZT Menu

Logan Elm vs Hillsboro
Zane Trace vs Lucasville Valley
Vinton County vs Huntington HS
Westfall vs Greenfield McClain

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Valley should have a long run in the playoffs so I dont know how good they will be early but they could be a major player come tourney time.
ZT will be much improved now that they have recovered from last years injury bug.

Westfall returns alot and should be a good game with McClain
Logan Elm smashed Hillsboro
Vinton rolls Huntington.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Lucasville Valley with Yates will be rusty coming off of football (Yates being the Indians starting QB on the gridiron) ... he was still in football shape last year in their first outing of the season at the ZT Classic... BUT he's a great athlete, will be the man for Valley again this season ... (side note I dated Yates' mother back in the day LOL) ...

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

pfloyd: The Chef can tell you are feeling much better from your presence on here and your eagerness for the season to start.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chef ... I AM feeling much better thanks, I have my one year checkups coming up in November ( a PET scan on Nov 10th ... meet with the oncologist on the 22nd of Nov) ...my fingers are crossed that ALL is "clean" and I will get good labs etc... just have to be positive I do ...

...you're absolutely right that I am eager to get in the gym - as much as the players I think LOL ... missing half of last season due to cancer was hard to swallow for me ... I am so looking forward to a full season of traveling Southern/Southeastern Ohio this campaign ... have some "reserved" Cheap Seats all across the area to fill I do !!! LOL ... missed seeing many of the High School hoops fans Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line last season - not going to have that happen 2 seasons in a row ...

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

I am hearing rumors of a Bloom Carroll vs. Africentric matchup in the Zane Trace Classic. Now that would be a dandy. Africentric is (some believe) the odds on favorite to win the DIV state championship this season and Bloom Carroll returns a really nice club with some tremendously gifted players.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

strokn7 wrote:I am hearing rumors of a Bloom Carroll vs. Africentric matchup in the Zane Trace Classic. Now that would be a dandy. Africentric is (some believe) the odds on favorite to win the DIV state championship this season and Bloom Carroll returns a really nice club with some tremendously gifted players.
That would be very interesting to watch

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

strokn7 wrote:I am hearing rumors of a Bloom Carroll vs. Africentric matchup in the Zane Trace Classic. Now that would be a dandy. Africentric is (some believe) the odds on favorite to win the DIV state championship this season and Bloom Carroll returns a really nice club with some tremendously gifted players.
They fell back to D-4? They were just in the D-3 state semis v. Taft last year and gave them a game.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

KrAm wrote:
They fell back to D-4? They were just in the D-3 state semis v. Taft last year and gave them a game.
Portsmouth is the only team that went to the state tournament for D3 that actually stayed in the division. Africentric and Cleveland Central Catholic went to D4 and Taft moved to D2.

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

BC - Afri would be a great game! ....this would be a rematch of the district championship from last yr! BC had the lead thru the 3rd quarter then fell apart in the 4th and lost....make FT's and BC wins.

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

I am hearing rumors (could very well be rumors) that Africentric has acquired some players from Harvest Prep. Anyone else have any insight on this?

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

I have spoken with Coach Bates from Africentric and he has confirmed that some players who started at Africentric and left for prep have come back and do not have to sit out.

Return to “Boys Basketball”