New Gym in Racine

Who should the new gym be named for?

Total votes: 0

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

New Gym in Racine

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

I hear AMP is building Southern a new 10K seat gym for basketball. The word at the Barber Shop is a contest is underway to name the place after one of the almost champion teams members. Any news on who might get naming rights?

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: New Gym in Racine

Post by Baldeagle »

Does this have anything to do with the fact you guys have beat us 7 times in a row now? I think it is unfair AMP is building this gym on the backs of Gilligan and his inability to win the big one.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I think you name it after "BIG FOOSE."
Last edited by Futurebkstar on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Name it "The Oven"

Storm Chaser
Riding the Bench

Post by Storm Chaser »

futurebkstar wrote:Name it "The Oven"

I agree! :122245

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I think they should call it "The Hilton" after Big Foose :!: ;-)

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Bassmaster wrote:I think they should call it "The Hilton" after Big Foose :!: ;-)

A great idea!

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

That's a good idea.

"The Hilton"

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

PerfectionInPurple wrote:I hear AMP is building Southern a new 10K seat gym for basketball. The word at the Barber Shop is a contest is underway to name the place after one of the almost champion teams members. Any news on who might get naming rights?

Hard to believe that they would build a 10,000 seat gym in southern ohio for high school basketball.
Was this just someones wishfull thinking?
Hard to think they would ever fill more than 3,000 seats at the most...

MTX
Freshman Team

Post by MTX »

Living in the past gym.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

koondogger wrote:
rickoshay wrote:
PerfectionInPurple wrote:I hear AMP is building Southern a new 10K seat gym for basketball. The word at the Barber Shop is a contest is underway to name the place after one of the almost champion teams members. Any news on who might get naming rights?

Hard to believe that they would build a 10,000 seat gym in southern ohio for high school basketball.
Was this just someones wishfull thinking?
Hard to think they would ever fill more than 3,000 seats at the most...

AMP prolly heard us rutters will be miving to Racine once the coal mines are in full swing. I think the school should call itself the racine Rutters since our athletes will dominate every program there. Oh well, the racine kids can fill out the JV teams... :mrgreen:

Just my thoughts guys!

I can see why you are on here talking smack about basketball already.Because you have'nt been able to talk it in football since the season actually started. Win a game first then talk your smack. :oops:

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I can see why you are on here talking smack about basketball already.Because you have'nt been able to talk it in football since the season actually started. Win a game first then talk your smack. :oops:[/quote][/quote]

and wwhat exactly is Racines record so far? You guys havent even polayed any real competition yet althoug i do hear hannan and Green are both REALLLLLLY good this year! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

HowardCosell wrote:I can see why you are on here talking smack about basketball already.Because you have'nt been able to talk it in football since the season actually started. Win a game first then talk your smack. :oops:
[/quote]

and wwhat exactly is Racines record so far? You guys havent even polayed any real competition yet althoug i do hear hannan and Green are both REALLLLLLY good this year! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Is anyone from Racine talking smack on Trimble site? Wahama is a pretty good team. I would say they would beat you by two tds.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

the tomatoes couldn't even get past the 50 yard line on trimble's first team D last year.

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

Call it the Hilton. That would be fitting. Also, if you haven't noticed, our football team is still the only one in the Hocking with a winning record. 5-5 will be the best any of the other teams will muster this season. So come watch us in the playoffs, and then speak your piece on what the new gym should be named.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Purple Tornado wrote:Call it the Hilton. That would be fitting. Also, if you haven't noticed, our football team is still the only one in the Hocking with a winning record. 5-5 will be the best any of the other teams will muster this season. So come watch us in the playoffs, and then speak your piece on what the new gym should be named.

Huh, irony a strange thing isn't it. Trimble and Eastern 6-4, Southern 5-5. :lol:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

It would be nice, (if this were factual of course), if this gym was ready for the Southern v. Eastern game this year. With all the hype, I would like to go watch this one just to see how they act. :lol:

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

I like the OVEN. Also heard there building new Baseball and Softball fields on campus and a new football stadium with turf. The plans are supposed to be hung up in one of the offices.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

We dont need no new gym. Just turn up the heat in the one we got. Make em take the ball out when them Racine boys in the front row is close enough to be a pullin their leg hairs out. Now that there is intimidatin. Heck we won a lot games in that gym and we almost won the whole danged state a couple times.

Return to “Boys Basketball”