2009/10 Portsmouth Trojans schedule

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

2009/10 Portsmouth Trojans schedule

Post by oldtrojan »

Does anyone have access to the Trojans 09/10 schedule, and if so please post it. I need it so that I can plan visits back to the homeland.
Also would like any information on the possible trip to Florida for Portsmouth's Mighty Men of Troy.

Thank you in advance...oldtrojan

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: 2009/10 Portsmouth Trojans schedule

Post by trojandave »

oldtrojan: I haven't seen a schedule yet........but I just found out yesterday that Portsmouth's first game will be on Tuesday, Dec. 1 at home vs. South Webster.

Hope to post a schedule soon if someone else doesn't..........I know our non-conference games are South Webster, Wheelersburg, South Point, Chesapeake, and two games vs. Northwest. The Wheelersburg game is at the Burg on Dec.15.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

trojandave: as always thanks for the information. I guess i should have inquired about this while I was talking to you during my visit home. it was a pleasure to see you again,as it also was to see biggdowgg, ozzie and the others that I had a chance to meet.
I just want to tell you how much it means to me that people like yourself, oz, dowgg, and others take the time to keep all of us misplaced trojans up on the latest happenings ect. It is deeply appreciated. I am looking forward to coming back for the basketball season, and who knows maybe a return for a playoff football game is not out of the question.
Is there any more info on the possible future trip to Florida? If that should hit just right for me I definitely would entertain the idea of going down for that.

I quess Tommy knew what he was talking about when he coined the phrase "ONCE A TROJAN ALWAYS A TROJAN".

Hope to see ya'll soon!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

oldtrojan: The only thing I know about the Florida trip is that it will be in Orlando at the Milkhouse, which has had games telecast there on ESPN........as far as the teams Portsmouth will play, I don't know right now, and probably won't for a while......but I can say that the Trojans will be facing some very good teams......normally these holiday events draw some top caliber competition.........I know in talking to some of the kids that they are excited about this trip.

I would say that we will be playing 3 games over a 3-4 day span, between Christmas and New Year's Day, and the school is raising the money right now to pay for the trip.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Anyone have a schedule yet??

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

if we search other schools schedule we may get our before the school :mrgreen:

here is gallias,so we know when two games is 8)

Dec 5 - ROCK HILL
Dec 8 - RIVER VALLEY
Dec 12- @ Athens
Dec 18- @ Marietta ***
Dec 19- @ Meigs
Dec 22- LOGAN ***
Dec 29- @ Chillicothe ***

Jan 5 - IRONTON ***
Jan 8 - @ Portsmouth ***
Jan 15- WARREN ***
Jan 19- @ Jackson ***
Jan 22- MARIETTA ***
Jan 29- @ Logan ***

Feb 2 - @ Ironton ***
Feb 5 - CHILLICOTHE ***
Feb 6 - WHEELERSBURG
Feb 9 - JACKSON ***
Feb 12- PORTSMOUTH ***
Feb 19- @ Warren ***
Feb 20- @ River Valley @ URG

*** = SEOAL League Games

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

3 down..... 8)

oldtrojan
All State

Post by oldtrojan »

:lol: ...ours must be TOP SECRET every year!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

did you want to take me to the ribber before the IHS down there, or did you want to schedule that sooner?? ;-)

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Thanks to everybody for posting the schedule........I have been wanting one for awhile, but it sure was an elusive thing to get!!

GO TROJANS!!!

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Wow 85 is Inside!.... Sounds rather fishy....... :razz:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:
85inside wrote:did you want to take me to the ribber before the IHS down there, or did you want to schedule that sooner?? ;-)

We'll eat whenever you want. But, I think I've got the pig flu so it won't be anytime soon.

But, I do have a question about how Ironton won by 22.

http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2009 ... -football/

Ironton 50, Portsmouth 28

IRONTON — It was win No. 6 for the Ironton Fighting Tigers and win No. 360 for coach Bob Lutz.

Ironton knocked off the pesky Portsmouth Trojans 50-28 Friday in a Southeastern Ohio Athletic League game and gave Lutz his 360th career win to tie him with Terry Malone for the most coaching wins in Ohio high school football history.

Ironton (6-2, 4-1) racked up 316 yards rushing and quarterback Ethan Preston was 2-of-2 passing for 61 yards to give the Fighting Tigers 37 total yards.

Keith Wetzel ran 15 times for 110 yards and two touchdowns while J.P. Taylor had 106 yards on 15 attempts and a touchdown to lead the Ironton ground game.

Tres Wilks returned a punt 70 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter to give Ironton a 7-0 lead. It was Wilks’ fourth punt return for a touchdown this season.

Taylor had a 20-yard TD run in the third quarter to make it 35-14, but Jonathan Royster returned the kickoff 89 yards for a touchdown that got Portsmouth (5-3, 3-2) within 35-20.

Josh Myers passed 18 yards on a fourth-and-17 play to get Portsmouth within 42-28 with 9:15 left, but Ironton answered with a 60-yard, 11-play drive capped by Wetzel’s 11-yard scoring run to put the game out of reach.

Myers ran for 59 yards and hit 8-of-18 passes for 124 yards, two TDs and an interception for Portsmouth.

So Ironton scores to make it 48-28. Ironton goes for 2 late in the 4th quarter when they are already up by 20. Now, before you give me the Woody Hayes line when asked, "Why did you go for 2 against Michigan?" and Coach answers, "Because, the rules won't let you go for 3.", tell me exactly the thought process behind going for 2.

Since I was down river in Franklin Furnace, why did Ironton choose to go for 2 instead of the extra point? It was needed to cover the 21!
:mrgreen:

word is, they was really embarrassed, that they could not beat us as bad as burg did, so they wanted to at least put 50 up :lol: :12223 .

Im sure anyome else would have went for 2 in that same situation :12222

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

My theory, (since I was not on the sideline) is that Wetzel tweaked his ankle on the run. He was not in on the conversion and he also was un available for the kickoff. Now, that is my theory. To my knowledge, ironton does not have a backup place kicker.

With the way PHS played in the second half, ironton needed all the points they could get. PHS didnt give up scoring, why would Ironton? the game wasnt 40-0 (like Tobias' sophomore year) and it wasnt like 32-0 (like Tobias' junior year) it was a two score game.

oldtrojan
All State

Post by oldtrojan »

Tobias wrote:
trojandave wrote:Thanks to everybody for posting the schedule........I have been wanting one for awhile, but it sure was an elusive thing to get!!

GO TROJANS!!!

My thoughts exactly. Thanks guys and hope to see ya"ll real soon at a playoff game. ;-) I f not then at some point during the BBall season.

GOD SPEED

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

The game at Northwest, originally scheduled for 12/30/09, has been changed to 1/16/10.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Tobias: I got the word yesterday from our AD Joe Albrecht at the school........

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Tobias: Talked to Coach Collins at the Marietta game.......he told me the Northwest game has indeed been moved to 1/16/10.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Tobias: Both Joe and Eugene have told me the same thing about the change.......so even if the website hasn't been updated, I'm treating it as if the game has been changed to 1/16/10 until I hear or see otherwise.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

heard we had some really big numbers at tryouts.

also someone else ask about triple headers, AD tols mw that all the south league games would be triple headers

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Tryouts will conclude today..........like biggdowgg said, there have been a good number of kids trying out.........with 16 freshmen.........it looked for a while like there was not going to be a freshman team, but there will be now.........a few of the frosh will be moved up to JV because the varsity will have several sophomores that will get good minutes.

Official practice starts tomorrow............and don't be surprised at some point to see the Trojan basketball team doing some running over at Trojan Coliseum........Coach Collins wants these boys in shape!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”