OVC 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

ovc fan
Varsity

OVC 09-10 Scores and Standings

Post by ovc fan »

Who is the early favorite for the OVC this year? My prediction is the Peake. Very quick point guard. New transfer thats 6'6" and can tear the rim down. Dead eye 3point shooter. A 6'4" guy that can run the floor like a deer as well as hit from outside. And very solid rebounding and scrappy defense. I see them making a deeper run in the tourney this year. South Point has great size but not sure they can keep up the pace. Fairland will be way down. Toss up on the other teams. Opinions?

osumufan
SE

Re: OVC Basketball 2009-2010

Post by osumufan »

I am anxious to see how the Pointers are this year with a new coach. I don't think we will be at the bottom of the pack but I don't know if we can lead it either. I guess we will see soon enough!

theassassin
All State

Re: OVC Basketball 2009-2010

Post by theassassin »

who is the new coach at sp?

where did peake get 6'6 and 6'4 kids from?

how will cg be?

what does rh have coming back?

i know fairland graduated a lot from last year. what kind of experience do they have returning?

osumufan
SE

Re: OVC 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by osumufan »

Chris Barnes who is originally from Ironton is SP's new coach

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

doesnt matter when one of sp's best player might not make grades...looks like chessy is the front runner

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

goUK wrote:doesnt matter when one of sp's best player might not make grades...looks like chessy is the front runner

Who would this be

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Chesapeake 2009-2010
They will be very solid!

Collin Kennedy 6'7 (Transfer from Rose Hill) Jr.
Nathan Copley 6'3 (Returning Starter) Jr.
Austin Mcmaster 6'4 (Came of the Bench) Soph.
Trent Saunders (6'3 Returning Starter) Sr.
Colten Lindsay 5'10 (Came of the Bench) Sr.
Peter Hintz 5'7 Sr. (Returning Starter)

Just the first six guys i could think of in order from tallest to shortest!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Fairland has Bloomfield and Fisher back from last year. Experience-wise, thats it. Salyers played some and will be a big contributor inside but just a sophomore. Other than that its a coin flip to see who comes off the bench. They might pull an upset or two but wont be a contender for the title. Rock Hill has Cook who is listed at 6'9. And McCollister (spelling?) who is about 6'5. Other than that i'm not real sure. The speed will be a factor for them and Coal Grove I think. Who is the South Point player that wont make the grades? I hate that for him and his team. Will be interesting to see what Coach Barnes can do with them.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Oh, one more thing. Was looking at some of the team schedules. Peakes first two games are Ironton and Wheelersburg!!! Wow. What a way to start. They win those two and lookout. Everyone down Wheelersburg way has their mind set on going to the state this year. I dont see that happening even with the transfers and the fact all starters return. Peake handled Stegman and those guys last year and I think they will do it again. That should be quite a game though!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

thanks for info

how did the rose hill transfr make it to chesy?
copley is a player... doesnt look to be 6'3 though.

what year is mccollister? i thought when his group was in jr high they were pretty good.
cook can be a load inside.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

NoT Sure how he got there. Just know there was a falling out with coaching and all parents at Rose Hill. Hes at Peake now and i do think they will be a force to be recond with, with their speed and add size to that WATCH OUT!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Assassin,

How will River Valley be this year?

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

Beware of the Panthers this year ! In the years that I have watched the Panthers play, this has to be one of the strongest line-ups that I have ever seen at Chesapeake. They are big, physical, fast, seasoned, unselfish, athletic and very confident. They have a very good coach (Ryan Davis). He continues a similar style of Norm basketball but has his own distinct differences, Chesapeake has an outstanding player that can hit the "three" almost at will (Nathan Copley @ 6'3") and can play inside as well; a point guard that is one of the quickest and best defensive players in the area (Hintz); Trent Saunders (6'2" or 6'3"), who played center is very physical on the boards and is a great role player for the team; Austin McMasters (6'4"), a sophomore, has a natural ability and instinct playing both inside and out. He is a very good outside shooter. The Panthers have several people coming off the bench that can contribute quality play. Finally, I mention Collin Kennedy (6'7"). Although I have not seen him play (he supposedly left a private school) transfered to CHS. If he lives up to the hype that I have heard then Chesapeake shall be quite formidable this year. I was going to pick Chesapeake to win the OVC prior to his arrival but now ??? Well, I hope that this bit of hype doesn't give them the Sports Illustrated jinx

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looking very much to seeing the 'peake this season ... for all of the reason that you posted Manxious2 PLUS because of Coach Davis ... when I saw HIS "TEAM" brand of hoops, the fundamental ball that his TEAMs play at both ends of the floor - I became an instant fan of Coach Davis ... the 'peake WILL get more than one in person look by old Pfloyd this season ...

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Pfloyd don't give up on my dragons they have two of the best guards around and a pretty good soph in Salyers. They will have to use their quickness and played hard D if they want to be to have a chance. The OVC will be a test each time for each team. If the panthers transfer is a stud watch out for the peake.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good to see your posts bucking red ... going to be some BIG time pressure on Matt Bloomfield and Chad Fisher for the Dragons this year ... FHS graduated 9 seniors from last years squad , leaving behind only 2 seniors for this season in Bloomfield and TJ Pennington ... the only size coming back is Evan Salyers who was a freshman last season ... what kind of JV players does Fairland have moving up to fill the "openings" on that varsity team for FHS?

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Pfloyd with Boomer and Fish they will create a lot of shots for their teammates. Tj has a sweet shot from 14 feet in. I also look for Matt Cambell to play he is around 6'2 240 and also can score. It will be a dogfight every game in the tough OVC this year IMO every team has a chance to win or lose any given night. It will all come down to D if we don't play hard we will get beat .If you look at most of the good teams in our area they all play good D.

Buckeye2
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2 »

Chesapeake will have no trouble winning the OVC this year. The only team I could see getting close to the Panthers this year is South Point. Fairland lost way to many playmakers last year but they should be a pretty solid team. But the Peake will be to much to handle.

Good luck to the Peake!!

flapjack
Waterboy

Post by flapjack »

Who do the Redmen have coming out for b-ball this year?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

fuzzhead wrote:Assassin,

How will River Valley be this year?

mcavena and cody smith will be the only returners with experience to speak of.

rv will have little size but should have some decent quickness to put on the floor this year.
Last edited by theassassin on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”