TVC-Ohio 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:17 pm

Total votes: 0

Dundas
SEOPS

TVC-Ohio 09-10 Scores and Standings

Post by Dundas »

How do you think it will shake down this year in the TVC-O? Give your 1-7 prediction...

Personally i think Athens will be a force this year..Belpre should be improved..Alex is always in the mix..Wellston has some scorers back....VC also has plenty returning... This year i think the TVC will be..

1st-Vinton County
2nd-Athens
3rd-Alexander
4th-Belpre
5th-Meigs
6th-Wellston
7th-Nelsonville York

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Ohio 2009-10 Predictions

Post by WangoZTango »

1) Vinton Co.
2) Alexander
3) Athens
4) Belpre
5) Meigs
6) Wellston
7) Nelsonville

hawkeyepierce
S

Re: TVC-Ohio 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Vinton County has a lot returning; and could go eight to ten deep this year. It will be exciting to see what Coach Combs does this season with the amount of talent returning. It will be a fun year. And I want to say welcome back to the coaching ranks and to the TVC, my old buddy Coach Jeff Skinner I wish you nothing but the best, well except twice a year. Other than that I will be rooting for the Bulldogs.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

1 VC
2 Alex
3 Belp
4 Mei
5 Ath
6 Well
7 NY

prepster
Riding the Bench

Post by prepster »

2009-2010 TVC Ohio

1. Wellston - Runnin'Rockets return - Uptempo at both ends of the floor- depth and good mix of seniors and talented freshmen/sophomores will make a big difference - Surprise team of Southeastern Ohio
2. Vinton County - Solid core of returning lettermen- lack of depth could hurt them- team to beat until somebody beats them within the league.
3. Athens - Nice returning group - New system will hinder progress - Could win it all
4. Alexander - Lost three solid players from last season. Nice JV team last season-will be very good
5. Belpre - Maybe the most talented team overall - haven't proved they can play entire season - New system could slow progress
6. Nelsonville-York - Good mix of older and younger players - Could surprise
7. Meigs - Two good players - very inexperienced around them.

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

i think belpre will win. it will be tough to stop returning leading scorer markie tate and sims together.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Vinton County hands down, Athens will give them a run for their money. Alex will always be tough. Belpre is athletic but I do not know if they can do it on a consistent night . Sims is ineligible to play because of his address staying the same and just renting in Parkersburg until the SSAC caught onto it. Meigs is a good team to watch, Wellston is just so young right now. NY is a football school

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

prepster wrote:2009-2010 TVC Ohio

2. Vinton County - Solid core of returning lettermen- lack of depth could hurt them-

VC may have the deepest bench in the TVC. The Vikings went 9 deep last year, and only lost 2 of those 9 to graduation. If VC falls in TVC play this year, it will be to Athens. Athens may very well win the league. Coming into this year, VC and Athens have the most returning contributers. VC only lost 1 starter from last year. The Vikings beat Athens by scores of 78-75 @ home..and 62-60 @ Athens..The only other team that came close to VC last year was Alexander. Unless the Vikings really underachieve this year, the only team that can compete for the Championship will be Athens. VC also has tough games against Zane Trace, Piketon, Logan, Southeastern, Jackson, Paint Valley and John Glenn. I look for the Vikings to finish at least 17-3 possibly 18-2 if they run the table in the league this year...Also, i really think that this years Vikings team will go deep into the tourney...VC may just have the best team in recent memory on the floor this season. Coach Combs' goal is always 'Win the league and make it to the Convo'...I think anything less than a regional appearence will be a dissapointment with the talent he has on this team. Good luck to everyone in the League and hopfully we can have 3 or 4 TVC teams make good runs in the postseason to gain some attention and well deserved respect. The TVC will be a force this year with many teams improving from last year...lets go out and show it!!

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Did Southeastern agree to play at Vinton County this year? Just curious

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Belpre attitudes will stop Belpre.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

1974Viking wrote:Did Southeastern agree to play at Vinton County this year? Just curious

According to the VC Local School Calendar...VC plays @ Southeastern on Tuesday Dec. 29th.

-2009-10 Vinton County Boys Basketball Schedule-

Fri Dec 4th-@ Paint Valley
Fri Dec 11th- vs *Athens
Sat Dec 12th- vs John Glenn **@ OU
Tue Dec 15th- vs Trimble
Fri Dec 18th- @ *Belpre
Tue Dec 29th- @ Southeastern
Sat Jan 2nd- vs Zane Trace
Fri Jan 8th- @ *Alexander
Tue Jan 12th- vs *Meigs
Fri Jan 15th- @ *Nelsonville York
Fri Jan 22nd- vs *Wellston
Sat Jan 23rd- @ Logan
Fri Jan 29th- @ *Athens
Tue Feb 2nd- vs *Belpre
Fri Feb 5th- vs *Alexander
Tue Feb 9th- @ *Meigs
Friday Feb 12th- vs *Nelsonville York **Hall of fame night**
Sat Feb 13th- vs Piketon **@ OU-C
Fri Feb 19th- @ *Wellston
Sat Feb 20th- vs Jackson **Seinor Night**

IMO- VC's toughest games will be against- In order of toughest*

1. Piketon- Piketon took it to the Vikings last year in a lopsided victory. I believe they lost 2 or 3 of their better players from last year. Hopfully with their losses and the Vikings returning almost everyone, this year will be a more competitive game. Piketon is the early season favorite in the SVC.

Edge-Piketon...They throttled VC last year and im not sure the Vikings will match up with their size inside.

2. Zane Trace- Last year ZT beat VC by a point or 2 @ ZT. The Vikings had every opportunity to win that game, but couldnt get it done. ZT is returning almost everyone from last year and is picked to contend with Piketon for the SVC.

Edge-VC...I think with this game being in McArthur this year, the Vikings will pull it out in a close one.

3. Logan- Last year VC beat a solid Logan team @ Home by 1 point. Logan is a very strong team and return many of their standouts from last year. VC matched up well against Logan and i think this year will be much like last.

Edge-VC...I think VC gets another W against the Purple for the second year in a row..The Vikings i believe are a better shoting team, and with a strong defensive effort, they should pull it out in Logans beautiful new gym.

4. *Athens- Last year these two teams matched up well scoring a lot of points in the first matchup. The Bulldogs will have a great chance to beat the Vikings at least once this year with all of the talent returning.

Edge- Draw...I would not be surprised if each team wins on their home floor...These two games will be great! I believe the TVC will be between the Vikings and the Bulldogs. Possible co-champs perhaps.

5. Jackson- Last year the Vikings melted the Ironmen in Jackson early on. Jackson did however improve all season long last year. With coach Jordan at the helm again this year, i think Jackson may be the sleeper in the Seoal.

Edge- VC...I feel like the Vikings will pull it out @ home on senior night. The Vikings will look to finish the season on a winning note in front of a packed house. The atmosphere should be great and i look for the 6th man to help the Vikings win it.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Dundas.....I talked with VCHS AD Larry Arthur and he told me the initial Athens game (originally scheduled for Dec. 11) is being moved to Dec 22.

That's the Tuesday before Christmas.

Probably works out well that the Vikings won't have to play back-to-back days on Dec. 11 and 12 and gets another game in there - weather permitting - between Dec. 18 and Dec. 29.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I agree 100 percent...an 11 day layoff isnt a goog thing for any team! Thanks for the info!! Plus it gives VC a little more time to get ready for the dangerous bulldogs!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

athens78 wrote:Belpre attitudes will stop Belpre.

Looks like we we have to go through another year of your bashing kids that you don't even know.Everyone knows your whole purpose is to start trouble on this forum and I hope the moderators will see that and ban you from posting on here.I challenge all the fine fans from Athens and all the schools in S.E. Ohio to ignore your posts and not respond to them.This is my last response to any of your idiotic posts.Go EAGLES!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Eagle Pap...I think some people are forgetting that Belpre is one of the toughest places to play ball in SEO! It seems that Belpre gives everyone fits at home reguardless if they have a great team or not. I know a couple years that VC won the TVC...they still lost @ Belpre. Good luck to the Eagles this year in the last TVC-O season...Belpre has been very good in the TVC-O and won many championships...i know they would love to finish out with a title...but even if they dont...i see Belpre as one of the favorites in the *New Hocking division...Good Luck Eagles and i hope that VC and Belpre continue the matchup after this year!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

1. Wellston The rest are looking up at Wellston. :mrgreen:

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

does anyone have belpre's schedule for this upcoming season? i wanna see what games i will be able to make it to

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

eaglefan1 wrote:does anyone have belpre's schedule for this upcoming season? i wanna see what games i will be able to make it to

Click the following link.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/default ... division=1

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

1. Vinton County
2. Alexander
3. Athens
4. Belpre
5. Nelsonville-York
6. Wellston
7. Meigs

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Will the hilarity ever stop? Wellston...Ha Ha...pick to win...Ha Ha...that is a good one.

Here, I got one; A Viking, an Ironman and a Rocket are driving through the desert when their car breaks down. So they have to get out. The Viking takes a bottle of water with him, the Ironman takes an umbrella and the Rocket takes a car door. On the way they meet this old guy. He says to the Viking "I know why you've got the water so you can have a drink when your thirsty", He says to the Ironman "I know why you've got the umbrella to keep the sun off you", "but" he says to the Rocket "Why have you got the car door?" and the Rocket replies incredulously "If I get hot I can roll the window down!"

Just kidding of course.

Dundas, like you astute analysis. You seemed knowledgeable and sincere, it is refreshing, something we don't find on here too often. I will disagree with you on one thing, it is too early to be predicting District Championships. Our district is one of the toughest in the state; Logan Elm has to be a favorite with Hausman, Blake, and Pritchard, Chillicothe will be good with the return of Micheal Turner, and 6'7" springboard Malik London, Waverly has made a key acquisition to go along with Roback, Kretzler, Harrison and company, and not to mention Hillsboro who has everyone back. It will be a very interesting year to say the least.

Return to “Boys Basketball”