2009-2010 Racine Southern Basketball

Sports Nut
Waterboy

2009-2010 Racine Southern Basketball

Post by Sports Nut »

Any thoughts?

Southern should be good once again this year.

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Re: 2009-2010 Racine Southern Basketball

Post by joe_tornadoe »

I think we should do great this year, I think we can take the TVC-Hocking.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I'm looking forward to this season. Who's replacing "Big John" for center?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

If you can sweep Howie again you could win it this year. I don't look for Trimble to sweep Southern. Nor will FH. So a sweep of the Eagles could be just enough to win it. Good luck.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

How many TVC-Hocking titles have you guys won?? I was hoping someone could tell me. :122245

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Orange and Brown wrote:How many TVC-Hocking titles have you guys won?? I was hoping someone could tell me. :122245

If you are asking about Southern, I know a guy who lost all of his fingers in a fire cracker incident, who can still count all their Hocking championships on his fingers. :lol:

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Orange and Brown wrote:How many TVC-Hocking titles have you guys won?? I was hoping someone could tell me. :122245

HAHA you are so funny. Way to down a school you are awesome.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:

If you are asking about Southern, I know a guy who lost all of his fingers in a fire cracker incident, who can still count all their Hocking championships on his fingers. :lol:

Yes it would be nice to see Southern win a TVC Championship, this may be their year to do so. It was also nice to still be going to tournament games last year watching Southern play while the rest of the TVC was at the house. I will trade a TVC Championship any day for my team to still be playing in late March. Hopefully this year they will do both.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Preach on brother.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

John Wooden wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:

Yes it would be nice to see Southern win a TVC Championship, this may be their year to do so. It was also nice to still be going to tournament games last year watching Southern play while the rest of the TVC was at the house. I will trade a TVC Championship any day for my team to still be playing in late March. Hopefully this year they will do both.

Yes playing late in March would mean you are in the final four. Unfortunately it has been a long time for a TVC team to be doing that. But this is a common claim by those teams who struggle to win a league championship. Though they fail to point out that their advance in the district tournament is usually by wins over teams in their league who are not the league champions. What is even more funny is that they start the season saying they want to win the league. Then when they don't they make light of it. We all know that all teams covet the league championship trophies in their trophy case. So again, it is funny when those who can't win them are the ones who make light of them.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:Yes playing late in March would mean you are in the final four. Unfortunately it has been a long time for a TVC team to be doing that. But this is a common claim by those teams who struggle to win a league championship. Though they fail to point out that their advance in the district tournament is usually by wins over teams in their league who are not the league champions. What is even more funny is that they start the season saying they want to win the league. Then when they don't they make light of it. We all know that all teams covet the league championship trophies in their trophy case. So again, it is funny when those who can't win them are the ones who make light of them.

Really I'm pretty sure people covet those district championships as well. I would rather make a run in the tourney then win the league. I know that might be hard for you to understand.

Just my thoughts guys........ :lol:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I smell good wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:Yes playing late in March would mean you are in the final four. Unfortunately it has been a long time for a TVC team to be doing that. But this is a common claim by those teams who struggle to win a league championship. Though they fail to point out that their advance in the district tournament is usually by wins over teams in their league who are not the league champions. What is even more funny is that they start the season saying they want to win the league. Then when they don't they make light of it. We all know that all teams covet the league championship trophies in their trophy case. So again, it is funny when those who can't win them are the ones who make light of them.

Really I'm pretty sure people covet those district championships as well. I would rather make a run in the tourney then win the league. I know that might be hard for you to understand.

Just my thoughts guys........ :lol:

Really? So winning 3 games is "a run" to you is it? When Eastern went to the final four 8 or 9 years ago that was "a run in the tourney." Beating Eastern to win the district and then losing the next game is not really a run is it? Oh and smell good you posted your koondogger signature under the wrong name there buddy. Kinda gave yourself away didn't you. :lol:

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

I stated I would like to see us win the TVC, but winning the TVC doesn't mean as much to me as going deep in the tournament. What is so hard to understand about that. I watched several state championship games and I can't every remember anyone sitting by me asking if a team playing in it won their conference or not. I think people like you Motivator make a big deal about it because you are jealous of Southern's tournament success and this is all you have to dig them about. Like I say hopefully Southern will win the TVC this year and go deep in the tournament. After this year with Belpre coming in the TVC will be even harder to win. Last year the TVC had three teams playing in district championships. This I thought made the TVC look pretty good. Waterford was unlucky to draw the state champ in their disrict final. I have sit around people and herd them say those teams are both from the same conference. Wow that conference must be pretty good. Motivator, maybe someday whoever your team is will make a deep tournament run and you will understand what I am talking about. Good luck Tornadoes and the rest of the TVC when their not playing the Tornadoes.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I smell good wrote:

HAHA you are so funny. Way to down a school you are awesome.

I didn't know. They always get on the football forum and talk about how they will get everyone back during basketball season so I wanted to know how many TVC-Hocking titles they have won.
All I hear is how Southern is a basketball school!!!!!!!

Good luck this year!!!! I wish you guys lots of success!!!!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Yes O & B asking about TVC Championships is considered downing a school to people in Racine. But when they continue to remind Eastern that they have beaten them 7 times in a row, that is acceptable, and not considered downing a school. Isn't that awesome? :lol: For the next act maybe smells good will forget what name he is posting under and tell us that those are his thoughts? :mrgreen:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

John Wooden wrote:I stated I would like to see us win the TVC, but winning the TVC doesn't mean as much to me as going deep in the tournament. What is so hard to understand about that. I watched several state championship games and I can't every remember anyone sitting by me asking if a team playing in it won their conference or not. I think people like you Motivator make a big deal about it because you are jealous of Southern's tournament success and this is all you have to dig them about. Like I say hopefully Southern will win the TVC this year and go deep in the tournament. After this year with Belpre coming in the TVC will be even harder to win. Last year the TVC had three teams playing in district championships. This I thought made the TVC look pretty good. Waterford was unlucky to draw the state champ in their disrict final. I have sit around people and herd them say those teams are both from the same conference. Wow that conference must be pretty good. Motivator, maybe someday whoever your team is will make a deep tournament run and you will understand what I am talking about. Good luck Tornadoes and the rest of the TVC when their not playing the Tornadoes.

So 3 wins in the tournament is a deep run to you then. Well maybe your team will get even better, and win 4 games some day. If we are really lucky, maybe you or one of your buddies like smells good/kdogger or even Purple Tornado will give us your thoughts on those teams of yours from 30 years ago that had that deep tourney run to the final 4. If your team ever makes it back to the final 4 then people will probably not ask you if you won your league. Good luck this year in getting that 4th win in the tourney. Wow that would be deeeeeeeeeeeeep! :mrgreen:

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

At least we can say we almost won it all before. 3 games is a lot more than your Eagles won in the tourny. Sorry we had to make it 7 in a row against you. Soon it will be 8 in a row. Maybe you can get rid of Gilligan and have a chance to beat us since he keeps getting the same players back every year and he still cant beat us.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Motivator do you not think being one of the final 16 teams left in the state is a deep run? If not there is no reason to even debate with someone with no knowledge of the game. Purple Tornado do you really think anybody actually thinks you are from Southern?

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

I am more from Southern than you prolly are there bud. I have lived here all my life, so where are you from? Anyway we shouldn't be fighting with each other when all those others are attacking our team should we?

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

John Wooden wrote:Motivator do you not think being one of the final 16 teams left in the state is a deep run? If not there is no reason to even debate with someone with no knowledge of the game. Purple Tornado do you really think anybody actually thinks you are from Southern?

Purple Tornado wrote:I am more from Southern than you prolly are there bud. I have lived here all my life, so where are you from? Anyway we shouldn't be fighting with each other when all those others are attacking our team should we?

most people on here attack you, not your team. and they do it cause you two clowns, as well as some of your other compadres on here, do nothing but brag about your wins, and make excuses about your losses. then you try to accuse any poster that makes you look bad of being from another school , eg. these posts and the ones made on the football forum. so you are both staying true to form. at least you are consistant. :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”