Logan 2011-2012

LHS 72
S

Logan 2011-2012

Post by LHS 72 »

It is the end of summer any transfers other than the big boy! in John's 2nd year look for some improvment 9-12 season! Go Chiefs

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Re: Logan 2011-2012

Post by trubbguru »

Big kid has taken from what i heard another shady transfer. His dad told that he had gotten a full scholarship to the school in fla. Didnt think you could accept that kind of stuff in h/s. Also if they keep getting rid of coaches and coaches keep quiting wont be much of a season. Do know that they hired a jr high coach that at one time wrote a terrible letter to editor of Logan daily about the school. I thought that he was run out of school system for his coaching tactics. The powers to be told me that he would never coach at logan again. Never is a long time. Shows you what they know.

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

I do not know much about the Logan Basketball program, but I always liked watching them the few times I have seen them play over the years. Good luck to the program. I have met a lot of great people from your area.

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Have they hired a new jv coach yet? From what I am hearing Coach Helber is having a real hard time finding anyone who will take it.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

we had a good coach........ but we all know how that is.......

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... from what I am hearing ALL coaching positions are filled ... looks to be a good group who will be around for a long time, a coaching staff that will support not only the sporting programs top to bottom, but the Logan Hocking Schools in general ... tough to lose "THE BIG BOY" after having him playing all summer, building offensively/defensively around THAT presence in the paint -ONLY to have " the R power of AAU, the influence of AAU coaches, and the draw of year round hoops in FLA, and something called a FULL RIDE" pull the rug out from under the best laid plans ... LIFE GOES ON ... Purple Hoops goes on ... some excellent talent returning for Coach Helber & his staff ... the kids are chomping at the bit to get in the gym already ... looking forward to seeing the 2011-12 edition of the Purple on the hardwood ... improvement over last season? - guaranteed ... should be a fun group to watch ... Best of luck Coach Helber & staff ... pfloyd WILL BE in the "cheap seats" as usual ...

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

pflloyd, What is wrong with the "big boy" wanting something better than small town basketball for the next 4 years? I have seen him play and know that he needs a ton of development, because he is no where near reaching his potential. He wont get that in Logan, or in any other small town. I say good for him and his family for doing what it takes to help him reach his dreams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tall One, I KNOW that what happened with the Big Boy is NOW the "NEW NORM" in high school hoops - AAU ball/AAU coaches, the same rationale that you gave is given to parents all summer long - all involved are convinced that what you have posted IS right, player moves on to chase his dreams elsewhere - end of story ... happens ALL of the time in THIS day and age of high school hoops ... I can't change it, I can ONLY have my personal opinion of the NEW NORM - I'm old school! I come from an era of "IF you are GOOD the RIGHT PEOPLE WILL FIND you" ... I wish the Big Boy nothing but the best - he and his parents have every right to do what they feel is the best for his future in basketball- I'm not questioning that TO -don't even go there with my post ... I wish ALL high school hoopsters nothing but the best - get better, move to the next level ... MY BEEF is with a "NEW NORMAL" that is sooooo influenced by the AAU Machine - as I wrote in my last post - LIFE GOES ON, PURPLE HOOPS GOES ON ...

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Pfloyd,
tell us who the new members of the staff are. From what I am hearing you wont be sitting in the cheap seats any more.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I heard that myself eaglesrock - not true ... THAT was a rumor to make me the "butt of jokes" by some here in Logan - totally not needed to be done but I can't control what others say/do ... I FOLLOW hs hoops, I like to think I know good basketball when I see it, I know what I THINK is good basketball, I enjoy talking hoops with all the area coaches, the MANY coaches I have become acquainted with across Southern/Southeastern Ohio have ALL been very supportive of me and what I do here on SEOP , I have great respect for all of the coaches Below the Line -however NOTHING I DO qualifies me as a basketball coach - end of rumor ...

... Coach Helber has put together a good staff who DO know how to coach the game - I am a "cheap seat" FAN of the game - nothing more ... Coach Helber & staff DO NOT need "ridiculous rumors" to detract from the seriousness of the jobs they do - I'm disappointed in the folks who are perpetuating such rumors ...

... as far as ME naming staff? I know the names I have been told as to who will be filling vacancies-I have not seen where anyone is under contract yet - I will wait until the board hires before I post anything ...

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

eaglesrock wrote:Pfloyd,
tell us who the new members of the staff are. From what I am hearing you wont be sitting in the cheap seats any more.
rumors are hurting the program wait until the contracts are signed. John will put a good staff together.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ALMOST all of the pieces have come together- Coach Helber's coaching staff is nearly complete ... waiting now for the next BOE meeting to see the contracts approved/hiring completed ... I'll put out the names of coaching staff at THAT time ...I CAN say that the entire coaching staff is excited about getting started - looking forward to seeing the Purple on the hardwood this season from MS up to the Varsity boyz ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Purple's Pre-Season schedule to include :

vs Wellston November 16 @ 5:30pm
vs Marietta/Logan Elm November 23 @ 3:30pm
vs Federal Hocking November 25 @ 10:00am

All games being played at home.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Gearing up for the season eh Floyd? Sweeeeeeeet!

I swear I seen you in Athens Monday night October 10th? A guy walking on court street, in a purple shirt, with his wife ... I think he even had chuck taylors on ... I could have sworn it was you Floyd - but I never can tell unless you have your hat on ... lol ... This guy did not have one on - so I don't know.

BTW - Athens basketball - we're expecting H.U.G.E. things from the 'Dogs this year!!! Check the Chiefs schedule and see if we play ya - I'll definitly be there if they happen to face each other.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Logan plays Athens twice this year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Does Logan play any other TVC teams this season besides Athens and VC?

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Not sure if NY is on the schedule, but maybe and Alexander stopped playing Logan.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I might be wrong BUT I believe that the first 3 games for the PURPLE this season are Bloom Carroll, Newark and Chillicothe ... haven't seen the entire Menu of games ... will post when I get it ...

93dog !!! you bet I'm gearing up!!! ... I hope you're right about those Bulldogs - I'm a big fan of Coach Skinner ... with the great season the football Bulldogs are having I would think some of those athletes are hoopsters as well ... 93dog, I always try to get down to the Shriner Preview after Thanksgiving - hopefully that's the case again this year as well ... I'll keep an eye across the gym for you for sure...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD - We ended the season together (Portsmouth vs Chesapeake), which was a freakin awesome way to end it, and I look forward to seeing you at the preview so we can start this season on a high note ... Anytime I get to pick the brain of a true 'hoops mastermind' - I consider it a high note ... Very few people can match my passion and enthusiasm when it comes to high school hoops - but you definitly fit that criteria ... As does trojandave - but he's too wrapped up in his Trojans! lol

Now you know the preview is mostly TVC teams right??? I mean, you sure you want to commit to us 'little folks' by attending what is usually a pretty long affair? Let me just throw a few things out their about what's going in the high school sporting world (since your a hoops nut and might not know).

2011 GRIDIRON RESULTS:

Athens 15
Galila Academy 10

Athens 19
Warren 14

Athens 28
Chillicothe 14

Nelsonville-York 42
Logan 6

Could this be 'THE YEAR' for the TVC??? Can we go out and win games against the 'BIG SEOAL' on the hardwood as well Floyd??? I'm thinking YES, but you know I have been wrong many, many times before.

Return to “Boys Basketball”