Northwest @ Clay 12/4

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Total votes: 0

dimedrop4
All State

Northwest @ Clay 12/4

Post by dimedrop4 »

First game of the year for these two squads. Should be a interesting matchup. Thoughts?

Even though Clay's at home, I'll be a rebel and go with Northwest by 5.

my2cents
S

Re: Northwest @ Clay 12/4

Post by my2cents »

NW won this opening contest last year fairly easily, but Clay is much improved and Leslie's height won't be as big of a factor with Clay's big men sharing time. They should be able to win the boards. I see Clay taking this one at home by 10 or less.

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

Northwest has shown their cards, it's all Leslie, or nothing. They have a few other boys who are good unattended, but can't do it when left to carry the load. I think Clay pulls this one out, then it's a long year in the S.O.C.2 for the Mohawks.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I see clay winning this one in a very close one and it wont be the same as last year alot better team all the way around

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Northwest by 15. Clay is big...but not very moble. Leslie will have a field day.

Clay may have a shot if Northwest is cold from the perimeter though.

Mohawk
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk »

I'm takin the Mohawks by 10.
Go MOHAWKS!!!

Livin LRG
Riding the Bench

Post by Livin LRG »

I'll take Clay, NW doesnt have any1 besides Leslie

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I wouldn't say they don't have anyone, but with three or four big men to play against Leslie, he should have a hard time scoring, and they have plenty of fouls to give between them. Shut down Leslie and the game goes to Clay. Work the ball inside and Leslie will foul out. He likes to block shots.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

im so sick of hearing this all they have is leslie crap....he wont even be the real trouble I say the problem for clay will be kenny crabtree, he's a scrapper and clay is to soft to step up and play hard nosed defense which is what you have to do on him. i'll go

NW- 58

Clay- 32

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Gonna have to go with the Mohawks in this game. IMO, NW, has too much speed for the bigger and slower Panthers. Valentine is going to have to defend several preimeter spots and that is going to be tough if the boys from McDermott are hitting outside shots.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

alabama mike wrote:Gonna have to go with the Mohawks in this game. IMO, NW, has too much speed for the bigger and slower Panthers. Valentine is going to have to defend several preimeter spots and that is going to be tough if the boys from McDermott are hitting outside shots.

Watch out for 24 I think it is for NW, if hes open he will hit the shot 9 times out of 10

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

all-time athlete wrote:im so sick of hearing this all they have is leslie crap....he wont even be the real trouble I say the problem for clay will be kenny crabtree, he's a scrapper and clay is to soft to step up and play hard nosed defense which is what you have to do on him. i'll go

NW- 58

Clay- 32

Well we will see about that Clay is alot tougher team now then every one thinks and by no means clay or northwest who ever wins it wont be a blow out

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

If Clay can manage to stop Leslie they have a shot in this game. The only problem is I don't think they can. NW by 8 with Leslie dropping around 25pts and 15rbs.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I dont see why people think Clay cant guard leslie or any one else on that team he is the main one that Clay has to shut down so Clay they can win and if he only gets 20 against us I dont see him hurting us but if he gets like 30 or so then I see clay hurting

Mohawk
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk »

Clay can guard Hank. Thats Scarberrys game plan, dump it to Hank, and if it don't work he will keep it the plan anyway

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Mohawk wrote:Clay can guard Hank. Thats Scarberrys game plan, dump it to Hank, and if it don't work he will keep it the plan anyway

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Everyone needs to contribute, but Scarberry surely wants his best player involved in the offense. Again, Clay is big but not athletic enough to stop Leslie. I predict a huge game for him. The only way Clay wins is if the Mohawks can't knock down any open jumpers to make Clay pay for double.....triple.....teaming Lesie.

Ex-Huddler
Waterboy

Post by Ex-Huddler »

The key to this game is how well Crabtree can hit. If he is on, he is as good of a shooter as you will see and open the inside up for Leslie. If he is off, things will get tight in the middle and Leslie will struggle.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Hopefully the "Bug" that is going around will not be a factor this weekend for Clay. Everyone will have to be 100% to win these two openers. Good Luck Clay, step it up and start off the season with a "W".

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

my2cents wrote:Hopefully the "Bug" that is going around will not be a factor this weekend for Clay. Everyone will have to be 100% to win these two openers. Good Luck Clay, step it up and start off the season with a "W".

I think by tonight every one will be healthy at least I hope so

post101
Waterboy

Post by post101 »

Clay will be ready for this game tonight.... From what i have seen they are all pumped up for tonight so watch out Northwest.

Return to “Boys Basketball”