Freshman Team

Reedsville Eastern @ Trimble

Post by middlechild »

Thoughts?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Reedsville Eastern @ Trimble

Post by Steely Dan »

Eastern shuts down Guthrie, Tomcats don''t have a chance. However, it is at Trimble, so they won't shut down Guthrie.

Eastern's guards stay out of foul trouble, this one probably won't be very close.....

Marshall_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Marshall_Fan »

Eastern wins this one easily!!

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Steely Dan wrote:Eastern shuts down Guthrie, Tomcats don''t have a chance. However, it is at Trimble, so they won't shut down Guthrie.

Eastern's guards stay out of foul trouble, this one probably won't be very close.....

Even if Eastern's guards get in foul trouble, they have others that are fully capable. They are very deep. But yea, I'll agree. I think Eastern will shut down Guthrie...he'll prolly get his, but it wont be enough for a Trimble win. BUT, we'll see what those Trimble referees have to say about this game.. :arrow: :oops:

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

the refs at trimble are not as bad as the refs in meigs co.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I have never heard anyone say or write on here or any other message board that any Trimble coach stomped, stared, screamed, scowled or anything else and got a ref scared and made him start calling the game in that coaches favor. Yet I read all the time on here about how Howdy does that at home. So which place sounds like they get homer refs? To me it is Eastern. If a ref changes the way he calls the game cause of how the coach acts that is outright cheating IMO. Like I said I read that all the time on here and hear people brag about it from Eastern about Howdy. As for this game I agree Trimble has no chance. Unless of course the refs do have big enough nuts to T Howdy up a few times for his stomp. I am sure they wont, and it prolly still wouldnt be enuff for a Tomcat win.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern is too fast and is playing too well for Trimble right now

Willy Cheatem
Riding the Bench

Post by Willy Cheatem »

Heavy D wrote:I have never heard anyone say or write on here or any other message board that any Trimble coach stomped, stared, screamed, scowled or anything else and got a ref scared and made him start calling the game in that coaches favor. Yet I read all the time on here about how Howdy does that at home. So which place sounds like they get homer refs? To me it is Eastern. If a ref changes the way he calls the game cause of how the coach acts that is outright cheating IMO. Like I said I read that all the time on here and hear people brag about it from Eastern about Howdy. As for this game I agree Trimble has no chance. Unless of course the refs do have big enough nuts to T Howdy up a few times for his stomp. I am sure they wont, and it prolly still wouldnt be enuff for a Tomcat win.

Howie knows which of us guys will make the right calls. He only stomps for some refs just to let them know when they miss one. Then they get it right the next time down the floor. Nuthing wrong with that in my book. Everybody needs to be reminded who is in charge sometimes. :mrgreen:

camreei1
Waterboy

Post by camreei1 »

Two teams going in two different directions. 75-55 Eastern wins.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

If you've never seen more than a couple of Eastern's games--99% of his stomps are directed at his players.

Willy, that was very well spoken. Coach Caldwell has never gotten a call changed by stomping his foot(to my knowledge). There have been plays in which another referee has overruled the one that made the call, but thats just because he saw things differently. When something happens he will let the referees know that they blew a call--be it staring at them or by the stomp, and then next time up the floor they know that they need to watch things a little closer. All of this because he is one of the most respected and one of the absolute best coaches in the area...and I'll go as far as saying one of the best in the state.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

so you are admitting that refs change the way they call the game because of what howie does? i have to agree with HD then that is about as clear a case of cheating as there is. my uncle is an official and has been for 20+ years. he sees it a little differently. he says the officials need to let the coach know that they are calling the game, not the coach. his job is to coach. he has done a lot of tourny games, and even at least one state championship. so i think he probably knows what he is talking about. the refs that howie at eastern may change their game when howie gets mad, but i doubt the better ones do. especially the deeper in the tourny they go.

Super Fresh
Freshman Team

Post by Super Fresh »

Heavy D wrote:I have never heard anyone say or write on here or any other message board that any Trimble coach stomped, stared, screamed, scowled or anything else and got a ref scared and made him start calling the game in that coaches favor. Yet I read all the time on here about how Howdy does that at home. So which place sounds like they get homer refs? To me it is Eastern. If a ref changes the way he calls the game cause of how the coach acts that is outright cheating IMO. Like I said I read that all the time on here and hear people brag about it from Eastern about Howdy. As for this game I agree Trimble has no chance. Unless of course the refs do have big enough nuts to T Howdy up a few times for his stomp. I am sure they wont, and it prolly still wouldnt be enuff for a Tomcat win.

2 T's = 4 points at the most.................. still a blow out

Eastern- 67
Trimble - 40

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

^^^ So you are saying not having Howdy on the sidlines would'nt hurt the team? I guess he is not as important as some on here make him out to be then?

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Trimble Juvenile wrote:so you are admitting that refs change the way they call the game because of what howie does? i have to agree with HD then that is about as clear a case of cheating as there is. my uncle is an official and has been for 20+ years. he sees it a little differently. he says the officials need to let the coach know that they are calling the game, not the coach. his job is to coach. he has done a lot of tourny games, and even at least one state championship. so i think he probably knows what he is talking about. the refs that howie at eastern may change their game when howie gets mad, but i doubt the better ones do. especially the deeper in the tourny they go.

HeavyD, & Trimble Juvenile,
You tell me one coach that doesn't complain about calls during a game and I'll tell you I'm Santa. You are ridiculous. EVERY COACH that has EVERRRRRRRRRR been on a sideline has something to say about some calls. And most of the coaches are right at some times. And no one 'changes their minds'. If you read on SEOPS that a Zombie Apocolypse occurs, you'd prolly believe it. Lets not forget that most of this chatter is from "kid green" and he cant even spell 'the' correctly. Use your brain and realize that Howie doesn't brainwash refs or even get them to change their minds. He's a coach..and a darn good one.

What I was talking about in my last comment are calls like the charge/block call. If they call blocks repeatedly when the Eastern kids are taking charges then he will say that they practice taking charges. Do you not think that will make any referee think twice before IMMEDIATELY calling a block, no matter what coach says it? He for sure isn't the only coach that does that. Not to mention half the refs in the area don't even know what a charge is.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

When something happens he will let the referees know that they blew a call--be it staring at them or by the stomp, and then next time up the floor they know that they need to watch things a little closer.

That is what you wrote, and that is saying a ref changes how he is calling a game just cause Howdy got on him. If Howdy is so great that he can see things better than the refs can, even though they are right on top of it and have experience reffing, then maybe he should become a ref.

You tell me one coach that doesn't complain about calls during a game and I'll tell you I'm Santa. You are ridiculous. EVERY COACH that has EVERRRRRRRRRR been on a sideline has something to say about some calls. And most of the coaches are right at some times. And no one 'changes their minds'. If you read on SEOPS that a Zombie Apocolypse occurs, you'd prolly believe it. Lets not forget that most of this chatter is from "kid green" and he cant even spell 'the' correctly. Use your brain and realize that Howie doesn't brainwash refs or even get them to change their minds. He's a coach..and a darn good one.

Yes most all coaches complain at some point. Some on every call. I am not questioning the coaches. But I have seen on here a lot of Eastern posters, not just one, that say refs are afraid of Howdy, and change how they call the game when he stomps and screams. At the least that is unethical and I think it is out right cheating to do it. But it is the refs that are at fault, not the coach IMO.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

I don't think the refs are scared of a 5'3" coach.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Even with the 8 on 5 advantage Trimble will have in the game (seeing as how the game is in glouster), Eastern still comes out with a victory..i say Eastern by 8

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

whompascat wrote:I don't think the refs are scared of a 5'3" coach.

just by reading the below post i guess at least one eastern fan agrees with you whomp.

eaglefan1 wrote:Even with the 8 on 5 advantage Trimble will have in the game (seeing as how the game is in glouster), Eastern still comes out with a victory..i say Eastern by 8

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Just stop using referees as your excuse for losing and you won't have to worry about it

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Actually, im not an Eastern Eagle fan, im a Belpre Eagle fan, seeing as how i graduated from Belpre High School...I have played at Trimble..definitely 8 on 5..and we still won

Return to “Boys Basketball”