Vinton County vs. John Glenn @ The Convo 12/12

Dundas
SEOPS

Vinton County vs. John Glenn @ The Convo 12/12

Post by Dundas »

Game two for the Vikings will take place at (recently) their home away from home..The Convo. John Glenn should provide a great early season test for the Vikes. VC is coming off of a lopsided win over Pain Valley (79-54) in which the bench players got a lot of playing time. John Glenn, from what i have heard, is a very talented team and is expected to compete for the MVL championship. VC is familiar with MVL schools having played New Lex quite a few times over the last few seasons. However i dont think these two teams have ever met. Should be a great day at the Convo with games running all day!! This game will start at 5:45 and tickets are on sale at VCHS. One ticket is good for all day! Does anyone have any info on JG?

Space Cowboy
SEO

Re: Vinton County vs. John Glenn @ The Convo 12/12

Post by Space Cowboy »

Dundas, All I have heard is about the same thing that you have heard regarding John Glenn. Philos Finest may be able to clue us in more. How about it, Philo?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Jake Heagen, number 35, 6'3" junior is a very good player. Overall, they are an athletic team, that will get out and run a little, as well as play in the half court. It may come down to our strengths might be their weakness, conversely, their strengths are our weakness.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Just like everyone else I know nothing of JG. However, it is great to watch a game @ the Covo. If memory serves I believe these boys from VC have been there every year of their highschool careers. I think this will help VC because the Convo can be a big transition for those not used to playing there (or so Ive heard). This should be a good matchup and early test for both programs, which are both projected to finish at or near the top of their leagues. Good luck Vikes.. Lets make it 2-0!!

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

IKE wrote:Now that Charlie Weis is about to become our new football coach, I see football fortunes at VC improving...

Is he a candidate?

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

bullfrog93 wrote:
Dundas wrote:Game two for the Vikings will take place at (recently) their home away from home..The Convo. John Glenn should provide a great early season test for the Vikes. VC is coming off of a lopsided win over Pain Valley (79-54) in which the bench players got a lot of playing time. John Glenn, from what i have heard, is a very talented team and is expected to compete for the MVL championship. VC is familiar with MVL schools having played New Lex quite a few times over the last few seasons. However i dont think these two teams have ever met. Should be a great day at the Convo with games running all day!! This game will start at 5:45 and tickets are on sale at VCHS. One ticket is good for all day! Does anyone have any info on JG?

Haven't heard much on JG but sure am hoping VC gets out to a quick start and puts a thumping on those muskies.......

John Glenn;s frontline goes 6-9, 6-8, and 6-8. Don't know if they can play but they are BIG!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Vinton County by 11 in a low scorer- VC 44 JG 33

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

I got this off of the MVL website. These are the boys that get the most playing time according to the site. Other than this cant really find a whole lot.

John Glenn- Sr. Rob Metry 6'1, Jr Jake Heagen 6'3, Jr Lane Crawford 6'3, Jr Jonah Carson 6'3, Sr Avery Allender 5'11, Sr Guy Long 6'2, Jr Nic Fraunfelter 5'11.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

changing quotes,will get you ban.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Watched JG the other night. Heagen is a freak athlete 6'4 guard who jumps out of the gym with a nice midrange game. They have another Junior, Lane Crawford who is a decent player. The other seven guys they put on the floor are not skilled bball players, they play a role, they are aggressive, physical and borderline dirty at times. They change between some half-court man defense, two three zone, a 1-3-1 half court trap and a little full court pressure. They face guarded sheridans best player/ball handler the length of the floor and beat on him all night. They play nine guys and basically look for Heagen to score the majority of their points. After watching them tuesday I see them finishing fourth, possibly third in the MVL which has four solid teams and five not so solid teams. If vinton pressures the ball and takes it out of Heagens hands they will win easily, JG has no other offensive weapon.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ttt

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Will this game be on the radio??

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

No.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I think they should have Russ Eisenstien broadcast the games all day today!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Anybody have updates on the game?

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

I was told VC won. They were up three at the half and then won by 12 or 13. I think it was 52-39, but not exactly sure. Sounded like Guthrie had a nice second half.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County-51 John Glenn-38 ...FINAL

VC came out and didnt look very good for the first 3 quarters from what ive been told. John Glenn held a 2 point (30-28) advantage after 3 qtrs. VC somehow got things rolling in the 4th and managed to outscore JG 23-8 in the process. Im sure Hawkeye will give us a rundown af what happend! Id like to know what the Vikes did late that helped them pull away. Reguardless...VC is now 2-0! Good job Vikes..keep pickin em off..1 by 1!!!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

VC played well the 1st 3 minutes of the 1st quarter and the 4th. Theyre 'D' was great at times. JG was a very physical team, but to be honest VC was 25 points better than them. Allen was in foul trouble from the opening tip and eventually fouled out. Guthrie was a beast in the 2nd half and ended up with 12 points and at least as many boards. think he had 2 points at the half ended up player of the game.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

In the fourth the Vikings grabbed some timely rebounds and made clutch free throws down the stretch. The Vikings were able to mix up defenses keeping the Muskies off balance and holding Heagan to 10 points and the team to 38. Great job! Big Dyl Guthrie was player of the game, with 12 points and 13 rebounds, it was a total team effort, everyone contributed to this team win.

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

VC was def. the better team. They were ice cold until the 4th quarter. Guthrie had a good game. Allen was in foul trouble the entire game, and played 5minutes(if that). When he was in he def. made a difference. Not a very fun game to watch, but VC played shutdown D when they needed to.

Return to “Boys Basketball”