Jackson @ Warren

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Jackson @ Warren

Post by On the sidelines »

Both teams very hungry for another win. Tough timing for Jackson to half to travel to Warren to face a very good team after coming off two tough losses against Portsmouth and Ironton. Lets here some thoughts!

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Re: Jackson @ Warren

Post by 339 Tiger »

Great to hear the Warriors got back on track with a win at Logan. Even tho Logan wasnt as strong, it was a much needed win im sure. Tuesday should be a little tougher but favors the Warriors at home and tough travel spot for Jackson after 2 tough losses. What happened to the JV squad? From what I seen didnt think the warrior squad would lose for a while? Coach Duck will be ready this week Im sure! Congrats to the varsity and good to see them on the winning end. How did Angle look his first game back?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... with the Ironmen already having faced Portsmouth/Ironton/Logan they have "faced the fire" so to speak ... by now the JHS players know that they CAN compete with ANYONE in the league ... they also know by now what it takes for them to win in the league - ALL of the pieces HAVE TO BE ON THE FLOOR - Newsome/Christman HAVE TO STAY ON THE FLOOR ... defensively Jackson can play with anyone, offensively with all the pieces ON THE FLOOR the Ironmens' inside/outside game is as good as anyone else in the league ... imo Jackson should have a lot of confidence as they head for the Warriordome ... should be a great game ...

BigRed
Waterboy

Post by BigRed »

I would have to think that Jackson will be on a mission for a win after the last two losses to two of the toughest teams in the SEOAL. Larry Jordan's Ironmen are not the same team as they were last year. They have improved so much and are still improving. Look out tournament time!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

@ Warren will be a great test and their toughest test thus far IMO.

Christman 26+ minutes, Newsome/Dobbins 30+ points, Winchester few turnovers, Landrum,Brown,Chapman....one step up.......Jackson wins.

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 339 Tiger »

Not sure the Warriors will be your toughest test yet, cause I think Ironton and Portsmouth showed more than the Warriors. Although its always tough to win at Warren, It should be a great battle. Coaching is the key and not sure who would have upperhand on that? Rumors say that Warriors are having some internal issues but seem to be getting back on track but really cant judge the Logan game as a turning point. Should be some interesting conversation if Warren was to lose. Will be a KEY game for both TEAMS TO SEE WHERE THEY STAND IN THE LEAGUE. The loss is going to really hurt either team having 2 league losses already. So could be one of the best games to date Tuesday night. Good Luck Warriors!

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

If Warren can come out Tuesday night with the same defensive effort for 32 minutes as they did at Logan then Warren should win by about 10 imo.

By the way Bucks over the Ducks 26-17 Rose Bowl Champs way to go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... as I've said before there are KEY GAMES almost every night this season ... parity, overall strength of teams - some might even say overall mediocrity , whatever YOU want to call it - IT'S GREAT TO WATCH FROM THE CHEAP SEATS !!! ... how do you decide who to watch??????? ... travel down the highway to see Warren vs Jackson or make a shorter trip to the Plains to take in Athens vs Nelsonville ...heck I haven't looked much further than that yet LOL - those will be 2 good ones to chose from imo ... any word on the weather for Tuesday? ... might be a deciding factor right there ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Just Drive on down to Portsmouth,and see a big Rivalry game,. between the Trojans,And Cavs.. :lol:

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

So far everyones post is pretty close to what I thought. A game that neither team really can afford to lose if they are chasing a league title. As soon as Jackson figures out how to close out a game and believe that they can win, then they will be dangerous.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Tuesday night will have the Pfloyd Tour 2009-10 heading for the Warrior Dome to catch this big time SEOAL matchup ... looking forward to this clash between Coach Maddox's Big Blue and Coach Jordan's Ironmen ... the Cheap Seats will be full I'm sure ...

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

They're all cheap seats at Warren, Pfloyd.

Should be a great game...a tripleheader, if I am not mistaken. Frosh at 5, JV at 6:10 or so, Varsity will likely tip off a little after 7:30.

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

The cheap seats will be full I'm sure, not much room at Warren but always a great atmosphere. Reminds me of the old Jackson gym where everyone is right on top of the floor. I believe the last time the Ironmen won at Vincent was Jared Humphrey and Max Morrows senior year, four to five years ago. Coach Maddox was very upset that night over a questionable block / charging foul late in the game. He may have even got tossed that night. Oh well, I hope it is a good game and injury free.

goldentoe
Waterboy

Post by goldentoe »

The last time I watched Jackson visit Warren was the 05-06 season I believe and the Warrior D held Jackson to 19 points for the game and they didn't hit double digits till the 4th. Let's see the 09-10 Warriors repeat it.

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Don't see it happening Goldentoe. They will probably have tw0 score more than 19.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

339.....it was a statement more towards playing 75 miles away at a tough place as school is just getting back.

We were undefeated and up for Portsmouth...and of course Ironton, plus it was at home. Beating Ironton at home and Warren away for waht I know right now would be the same.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

NO way in hades goldentoe.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

You are correct (on the sidelines) about Jackson's win in 04-05. Coach Maddox is still upset! LOL ! Is Max coaching the J.V. team? He is a great competitor. Always a battle when the Ironmen come to the Warrior Dome. Pulling for my boys in blue! Good luck Coach Maddox and Coach Duckworth. GO BLUE!!!

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

depending on what warren team shows up it could be warren by 3 or warren by 23 but either way i think the warriors are going to be too physical and too experienced for the ironmen...don't know much about jackson's roster but i can gurantee they are going to play hard...they always do at warren...after a great showing from the warriors against logan i look for them to come out and play some of the same kind of ball they did against logan and could pull away early...but never count out the IRONmen...
...uno...

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Listen to us, talking like we're sure this game is even going to happen. There's 2 inches of snow on the ground and more falling up here, but Warren still has a full-day of school tomorrow as of now (and there's no policy forbidding games on snow days).

Return to “Boys Basketball”