Eastern 59 Parkersburg Catholic 39

Steely Dan
SEOP

Eastern 59 Parkersburg Catholic 39

Post by Steely Dan »

Iggles hang the Crusaders with their second loss of the season, on the Crusaders home floor!

Congratulations to Eastern on their second tough win in two nights!!! Defense was very impressive.

And, as always, great job by 92.1 FM "The Frog", on their coverage of the game tonight. Rick Ash and crew, great job as always!!!!!!!!

gh123
JV Team

Re: Eastern 59 Parkersburg Catholic 39

Post by gh123 »

This game was at Eastern, Steely. But yes, I listened on "The Frog" and it sounded very physical and like a very hard fought victory. These Eagles are starting to fly. Have another HUGE battle ahead of them on Tuesday..

crabbycrabs
Waterboy

Post by crabbycrabs »

way to go Eagles on a very physical and hard fought game. Way to keep your head in the game , don't know how you did it with the "elbows" you were taking underneath. Very respectable the way you controlled yourselfs. Makes us Eagle Fans very proud.

On the other hand the language we heard from the opposing team was AMAZING.... I sure hope that Coach C would reprimand any of our players if they represented theirselves and our school that way. You guys did a great job as a TEAM...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

crabbycrabs wrote:way to go Eagles on a very physical and hard fought game. Way to keep your head in the game , don't know how you did it with the "elbows" you were taking underneath. Very respectable the way you controlled yourselfs. Makes us Eagle Fans very proud.

On the other hand the language we heard from the opposing team was AMAZING.... I sure hope that Coach C would reprimand any of our players if they represented theirselves and our school that way. You guys did a great job as a TEAM...

My bad, I thought the game was in WV, from the sounds of the fans, I thought it was in their gym. Oh, by the way, gh123, with the bad language that you are referring to, I guess that Billy Joel nailed it with his lyrics in "Only the Good Die Young" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, a couple of you will get that one, and really enjoy it ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Like I said, great win for the Iggles!

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Does Joe Garrett still coach Parkersburg Catholic?

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

I heard that Howie got T'd up during this game right before halftime. See, that's what happens when you get quality officials in there to do a game. It wasn't one of the typical Meigs county crews that worship Howie and let him do and say whatever he wants to. Great win for the Eagles though. I guess they had to somehow find a way to get motivated without the almighty stomp in the second half. What a tribute to the PLAYERS.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Stomper got T'd up? Was it the Stomp, or the Scowl that got him? :lol:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Neither..He complained about a kicked ball that wasn't called and Mr. Evans had a bit of a power sturggle

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

uhh, mr. evans lives in the eastern district and both his daughters graduated from eastern.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Your point is?

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

popcorn phil wrote:uhh, mr. evans lives in the eastern district and both his daughters graduated from eastern.

Yes you are correct. But he is not the typical official that gets hired in Meigs county. As I understand it, he was a replacement. He is a quality official that does not let a coach intimidate him.

classof86 wrote:Neither..He complained about a kicked ball that wasn't called and Mr. Evans had a bit of a power sturggle

As I heard it Howie was running his mouth after being told he had said enough. He apparently forgot who he was talking to. From what I was told there was no "power struggle." Howie ran his mouth and was told he had said enough. He didn't think he had said enough and continued to run his mouth. He was subsequently honored with a technical foul. Now had it been a typical official that is hired there I am sure Howie would have been allowed to say what ever he chose to. Then he would have been the benefactor of several calls going his way throughout the rest of the game, as the official would have wanted to be sure to be hired to do more games at Eastern. Unfortunately for Howie, this wasnt the typical Meigs county hire. :lol:

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

highspeed wrote:Does Joe Garrett still coach Parkersburg Catholic?

yes, he does

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

i smell bad, should just be called "God" as far as tvc basketball is concerned. and i'll tell you why:

he is in the officials meetings, knows who is assigned to every single game from every school in the tvc, and he also is on the court invisibly listening to easterns coach everytime he has a scuttle with a referee.

bravo.

Do all of us a favor, and just keep your mouth shut. Because no one wants to hear what you have to say.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

gh123 wrote:i smell bad, should just be called "God" as far as tvc basketball is concerned. and i'll tell you why:

he is in the officials meetings, knows who is assigned to every single game from every school in the tvc, and he also is on the court invisibly listening to easterns coach everytime he has a scuttle with a referee.

bravo.

Do all of us a favor, and just keep your mouth shut. Because no one wants to hear what you have to say.

Keep up the good work Smelly. I for one enjoy your insight. I have found that you are usually spot on with your comments. Hard as it is for some to face the truth. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”