Clay 51 Notre Dame 44

claypantherfan
All State

Clay 51 Notre Dame 44

Post by claypantherfan »

what is your thoughts after Clay has won 4 in a row after tonight and they are 5-2 now in soc play
Last edited by claypantherfan on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: 01-19-10 Notre Dame @ Clay

Post by Hoggy »

If they continue to play like they have been....Clay by 20. The Panthers have found a way to win again and will be gaining more & more confidence with each victory.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Clay by 15

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Clay is starting to click and play as a team. Coach T is letting them play a little on their own. Their press break has finally changed and they even played some zone defense in the last two games. Clay should win this by 10 to15 with 5 players in double figures.

Clay 65 ND 50

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

But i hope the clay players just dont over look them b/c that happens alot they need to come out and play hard againist every one

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

I'll take Clay in this one!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Clay by 12

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

my2cents wrote:Clay is starting to click and play as a team. Coach T is letting them play a little on their own. Their press break has finally changed and they even played some zone defense in the last two games. Clay should win this by 10 to15 with 5 players in double figures.

Clay 65 ND 50

So, the players are overcoming the coaching now ??? Oh, so Coach Trainer should just stay home then ??? When they lose, its the coaches fault. When they win, it's because of the players. You obviously don't get it. And the funniest part is, you want some credit for Trainer doing what you've said he should do. Patting yourself on the back ??? Trainer forgot more yesterday than you'll ever know in your lifetime about basketball. YOU'RE A REAL PIECE OF WORK !!!

oldschoolwebgem
Waterboy

Post by oldschoolwebgem »

I agree, Coach Trainer is a very knowledgeable basketball coach who has brought his kids along in the proper progression. He is doing things the right way for the future and his kids are finally buying in to it. Good job coaches and players.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

WWH wrote:
my2cents wrote:Clay is starting to click and play as a team. Coach T is letting them play a little on their own. Their press break has finally changed and they even played some zone defense in the last two games. Clay should win this by 10 to15 with 5 players in double figures.

Clay 65 ND 50

So, the players are overcoming the coaching now ??? Oh, so Coach Trainer should just stay home then ??? When they lose, its the coaches fault. When they win, it's because of the players. You obviously don't get it. And the funniest part is, you want some credit for Trainer doing what you've said he should do. Patting yourself on the back ??? Trainer forgot more yesterday than you'll ever know in your lifetime about basketball. YOU'RE A REAL PIECE OF WORK !!!

WWH, about what I expected. You haven't made one post on here that even makes sense. Where did you get "The players overcoming the coach". I said the Coach has made some changes, the boys even say he is allowing them to play different, including zone and a better press break. It wasn't that "I" said it. Anyone who watches basketball and doesn't have their head stuck up the coaches butt could see it, except for you. I gave credit to Coach T for the wins, you still want to say the kids have no talent.
I am wasting my time even responding to you. We have different agendas. I want Clay basketball to win you want to save face for the coach. Here's why your whole agruement doesn't make a lick of sense. If what you say is true, then there would never be any reason to change a coach at any level, since it is always the players fault if they win or lose. Brilliant!

BTW, any coach with a shred of moral decency (Which Coach T does have) always gives credit to the players for a win and takes responsibility for the losses. I guess that seems foreign to you, but it's part of the job.

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

my2cents wrote:
WWH wrote:

Clay 65 ND 50

WWH, about what I expected. You haven't made one post on here that even makes sense. Where did you get "The players overcoming the coach". I said the Coach has made some changes, the boys even say he is allowing them to play different, including zone and a better press break. It wasn't that "I" said it. Anyone who watches basketball and doesn't have their head stuck up the coaches butt could see it, except for you. I gave credit to Coach T for the wins, you still want to say the kids have no talent.
I am wasting my time even responding to you. We have different agendas. I want Clay basketball to win you want to save face for the coach. Here's why your whole agruement doesn't make a lick of sense. If what you say is true, then there would never be any reason to change a coach at any level, since it is always the players fault if they win or lose. Brilliant!

You are a child, for sure. Nice try, trying to put words in my mouth. I never said anything like that. Just the way you want to look at it (like a child). Coaching situations are all differant. The situation at Clay is such, the kids havn't payed much of a price. Maybe, just maybe they are starting to see the light (to early to tell). You think Trainer has something to prove to you. Trainer is well beyond proving anything to the likes of people like you, for sure. You are right about one thing however. We do have differant agendas. Yours is obvious. I don't have one. BRILLIANT !!!

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

WWH , have you ever said any thing good about the players on here if not then why do you keep posting on the Clay threads?

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

claypantherfan wrote:WWH , have you ever said any thing good about the players on here if not then why do you keep posting on the Clay threads?

Does the truth hurt ??? I give credit where credit is do. If they do the work, they will win. Maybe they are starting to figure it out. Maybe ???

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

WAY TO GO CLAY PANTHERS!!!!!!!!! You are playing so well. Your coach finally changed a little and it made the difference in your team. Cody D. played like he was on fire!! Valentine & Burchett are getting more calm and confident in each game and Chaz stepped up his game to boot. All the others are playing smart, good basketball and I think this season might just turn out to be successful. Tibbs is a great player for Symmes Valley. They are going to miss him when he graduates.
Good Luck with Notre Dame. They are always competitve.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

ND is really young , hard to win road games with that amount of inexperience. I'll be rooting for you titans. MD

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

claypantherfan wrote:WWH , have you ever said any thing good about the players on here if not then why do you keep posting on the Clay threads?

Don't pay that guy any attention. He has bashed Clay players along with Opie and Clevelandbrown#1. I figure they are students from opposing teams, no one associated with Clay would ever talk down the kids who are playing.

The bottom line is, Clay has the talent, and there are kids on the team who bust their butts. Things are turning around. Coach T is making some on floor adjustment. I think the players are getting some confidence back and should finish well the rest of the season.

It would be nice it Clay didn't take a 5 second call under the opponents basket near the end of every close game. Throw the ball down the court if you aren't allowed to call a Time out. It almost cost them the game against SV.

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

my2cents wrote:

Don't pay that guy any attention. He has bashed Clay players along with Opie and Clevelandbrown#1. I figure they are students from opposing teams, no one associated with Clay would ever talk down the kids who are playing.

The bottom line is, Clay has the talent, and there are kids on the team who bust their butts. Things are turning around. Coach T is making some on floor adjustment. I think the players are getting some confidence back and should finish well the rest of the season.

It would be nice it Clay didn't take a 5 second call under the opponents basket near the end of every close game. Throw the ball down the court if you aren't allowed to call a Time out. It almost cost them the game against SV.

I've never bashed anyone, unlike you. Kids go to practice, the coach makes them work hard. That's the coaches responsibility. It is also a given. So does everyone else. It's not what you do when your being watch that matters most. But, what are you doing when your not being watched. Teachers call that homework. Coaches may call that self pride. It's the differance between being a participate and being a player. Clay may win their fair share of games this year. Maybe, maybe not. IDK. The game that has not been won yet, is game against themselves. If they take advantage of the opportunities that Trainer provides them with, I like their chances. That hasn't happen yet. But, it's never to late to start. The truth hurts sometimes. You're either helping or hurting the program. Think about it. What have you done today ??? You had a chance to get better. Did you?

PS: And you think I'm a kid ??? How convenient. Nice try.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

WWH wrote:
my2cents wrote:

I've never bashed anyone, unlike you. Kids go to practice, the coach makes them work hard. That's the coaches responsibility. It is also a given. So does everyone else. It's not what you do when your being watch that matters most. But, what are you doing when your not being watched. Teachers call that homework. Coaches may call that self pride. It's the differance between being a participate and being a player. Clay may win their fair share of games this year. Maybe, maybe not. IDK. The game that has not been won yet, is game against themselves. If they take advantage of the opportunities that Trainer provides them with, I like their chances. That hasn't happen yet. But, it's never to late to start. The truth hurts sometimes. You're either helping or hurting the program. Think about it. What have you done today ??? You had a chance to get better. Did you?

PS: And you think I'm a kid ??? How convenient. Nice try.

That says it all. We do care.

:122248 :122247 :122247 :122247 :122247 :122247 :122247 :122247 :122249

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

^^^^^^^^^

Your point ???

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Just go away, you said you don't care if they win or not, so why bother posting on Clay threads. :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”