Peebles High School- What will the South Point game bring?

hardwoodhero
Waterboy

Peebles High School- What will the South Point game bring?

Post by hardwoodhero »

With South Point beating Eastern, and Eastern being a big game for Peebles this year (GOLD BALL BOUND!!)- what can PHS fans expect on Saturday!?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Peebles High School- What will the South Point game bring?

Post by Ironman92 »

Who does Peebles play on Friday night? Eastern?

What can Peebles expect on Saturday? A team that can play on a very high level.....but will also be jet lagged from playing the night before and then traveling 2 hours to get to God's country.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Peebles plays West Union @ home the night before.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles by 12

hardwoodhero
Waterboy

Post by hardwoodhero »

I really haven't heard much about them- they are always aggresive and defensively sound, which could have been the clinching factor against Eastern. But as for this year, I really don't know how they match up with Peebles.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

They had a very good JV team and I believe a couple of those players moved up so we will just have to see. It should be a very hard fought game, if Peebles plays like they did against Fayetteville I could see this being an ugly one for the Indians but if they start hitting shots early and playing their type of game I think they should be able to hold on for the win. I also heard Eastern played without their senior leader/best player Tyler Knabb, dont know if this is true or not?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

SP has great guards who are quick with the 3 and can play defense. The big men are sound rebounders as well. A couple of the big men can also hit the three.We also go about 8 deep on most games depending on the opposition. We have 7 seniors but not all of them play a lot of minutes. We start 2 juniors and 3 seniors.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

osumufan wrote:SP has great guards who are quick with the 3 and can play defense. The big men are sound rebounders as well. A couple of the big men can also hit the three.We also go about 8 deep on most games depending on the opposition. We have 7 seniors but not all of them play a lot of minutes. We start 2 juniors and 3 seniors.

Sounds a bit like Ripley's makeup. It should be a very good game, it always helps that it is at home. Peebles and South Point have almost built a little bit of a rivalry the last couple years. They came in to town 2 years ago (the year they went undefeated) and Peebles gave them everything they wanted with SP only winning by 9(the closest margin of victory they had all regular season), Peebles went to SP last season and repayed the favor coming away with a 6 point victory, this years game is for all the series marbles and could result with Peebles'(9-0, probably 10-0 at the time of the game) undefeated season hopes going down the drain or a South Point loss could knock them out of the ever prestigous PFloyd Elite 8 rankings. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

Ditto!

the manager
Waterboy

Post by the manager »

TribeManiac10 wrote:They had a very good JV team and I believe a couple of those players moved up so we will just have to see. It should be a very hard fought game, if Peebles plays like they did against Fayetteville I could see this being an ugly one for the Indians but if they start hitting shots early and playing their type of game I think they should be able to hold on for the win. I also heard Eastern played without their senior leader/best player Tyler Knabb, dont know if this is true or not?

Knabb Played!

OSUFBALL21
Riding the Bench

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

Prater for the Pointers is a great inside player, hes around 20+ points automatic and outting.
i feel that he may be the best player in the ovc.
they dont have great guard play tho, there guards get playing to fast n lose the ball, so if you pressure their guards and deny Prater which is a tough challenge you could squeeze out a W.

supertrooper
Waterboy

Post by supertrooper »

Ethan doesn't score 20 points a game, but he is one of the best players in the O.V.C. Adding the 3-point shot to his game makes the Pointers extremely difficult to defend. I wouldn't consider him the best player in the O.V.C., though. Blake Barnes, Nathan Copley, and Chad Fisher have been extremely consistent in their productivity on both ends of the floor. I disagree that South Point doesn't have great guard play. Blake is the best point guard in the conference. He scores and facilitates the offense better than anyone else. Tevin Mitchell has done an excellent job of making open jumpers that are created by the attention that is given to Barnes and Prater. Now Kyle Winkler is back. He was very impressive in the first half Saturday. As far as your spelling goes, OSUFBALL21, have fun at kindergarten tomorrow.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

What kind of size does South Point have inside?

OSUFBALL21
Riding the Bench

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

i was just going off of the games i have seen the pointers play and Fairlands guards forced the South Point guards to commit turnover after turnover, but Prater and Taylor killed the dragons inside.
Prater had 27 that night and i think Taylor had 15 maybe.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

6-3, 6-3,6-2 Is just a guess.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

wemufans wrote:6-3, 6-3,6-2 Is just a guess.

So they are slightly bigger then us. Andrew Seaman(6-1) has had to make the move to the post to help Eric Collier(5-11) with the loss of 6-2 Tyler Caudill, 6-4 Tyler Arnold, and 6-5 Evan Meade from last years team. Peebles might be smaller then years past but they are also faster, in games we have pushed to a track meet we have almost always came out on top(Exp. Zane Trace at Convo). How well does Prater and Taylor get down the floor?

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Both Prator and Taylor get down the floor really well. Taylor has lost over 30 pounds since last year so he is quicker. Winkler 6-3 who plays inside and out is really fast.

740blueangoldfan
Waterboy

Post by 740blueangoldfan »

29-25 sp at the half

740blueangoldfan
Waterboy

Post by 740blueangoldfan »

Check that wrong game

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

I'll take Peebles @ home in a close game, pulling away for the "w" midway through the 4th quarter, typical Peebles style this year against good teams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”