Notre Dame at Eastern 1/26

Hoggy
SEOP

Notre Dame at Eastern 1/26

Post by Hoggy »

Notre Dame will make the trip to the Eagle's Nest to take on the league leading Eastern Eagles. The Eagles are now 7-0 in conference play following their third win of the season over Western on Friday.

The last time these two teams met on the hardwood, Eastern held Notre Dame to a season low of 26 points. The Eagles look to continue their winning ways and take one step closer to the league title.

Good Luck Eagles.

live4sport
JV Team

Re: Notre Dame at Eastern 1/26

Post by live4sport »

Eagles by 20

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

If the Eagles come out fired up and playing hard nosed defense, the bench will be cleared by the 4th quarter. These kinds of games can allow a coach to rest his starters and provide the opportunity for his bench to gain some playing experience.

The Eagles still have to execute like they are capable of and not come out flat!

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

I see good things in this game. Eastern played Western hard and pulled away in the end, but I can't imagine the Eagles thought the game would be that close for so long. I have a feeling Eastern will be looking to put ND away early. Unless something goes awry, I think the Eagles should win this game by 25 points. With that being said, good luck, Eagles! Put on a show with that insane defense, and give the crowd an excuse to cheer like crazy!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Notre Dame recently beat Western who just gave Eastern all they wanted til the 4th quarter. Notre Dame lost to Clay by 6 points recently (Clay playing much better as winners of 5 in a row).

So, Notre Dame has enough talent to make this one interesting. I hope that "EagleEye" is correct and the "insane D" carries the Eagles to a 20 point victory.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

The Eagles should win this one by around 25. I doubt they hold ND in the 20's again, but I believe they can hold them in the 30's. Eagles have been on a roll lately, so i'll say Eagles 36 - 61. Bring that great D again to the floor.

BasketballFan1
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan1 »

Eastern should be the favorite, but ND is playing much better. Could be a very good game. Good luck to both teams.

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Ill be pulling for Notre Dame in this one. Dont know if it will happen but everyone from Clay is goin to hope for and upset. Good Luck to both teams!!

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I hope Notre Dame as well but I think Eastern has this one in the bag

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Eastern needs to bolster their schedule in years to come. It's not their fault that the SOC 1 is a little down this season, but they need to schedule some programs that even if they lose they will still get some credibility. The Charleston Catholic game is a good example. They may go 18-2 this year but with sites like this too many people know basketball and know the competition. Good luck Eagles the rest of the year.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

soccerfix wrote:Eastern needs to bolster their schedule in years to come. It's not their fault that the SOC 1 is a little down this season, but they need to schedule some programs that even if they lose they will still get some credibility. The Charleston Catholic game is a good example. They may go 18-2 this year but with sites like this too many people know basketball and know the competition. Good luck Eagles the rest of the year.

I agree with your post totally and to Coach Fitch's credit, he is actually doing it. He is scheduling some events that enable the Eagles to play games that challenges them and allows them exposure to stiffer competition. Granted they placed two blemishes on the record, but I would trade 4 to 5 losses against bigger schools and stiffer competition as compared to running the table and never providing the opportunity that will only get the Eagles more prepared for the one and done portion of the season.

The SOC I is a good fit, but the consistency of quality competition across the board will never be overwhelming or jaw dropping year in and year out. The important thing for Eastern is to strengthen their feeder programs (Pee-Wee, Junior High and Freshman) and teach fundamental basketball. That is how you stay competitive and make the most out of the small numbers and talent pool a rural school is faced with.

I would like to see Eastern move up to the SOC II like South Webster did, but that is another topic for debate. They schedule 2 to 3 teams a year from the SOC II and for argument sakes, I know they would not dominate, but they would not be bottom feeders either.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Is Justin McBee selling his fried squirrel meals at Eastern this year? He has the best recipe and Jenny sure can make a mean batch of cat head biscuits and iced tea.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

I think if ND plays hard and don't get into foul trouble early they will give the Eagles all they can handle (hopefully too much). Hope to see a very good game. I will be posting pics of the game later in the week. The JV game usually is a very good game also.

Go Notre Dame

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

^^ Be sure to get a picture of Justin McBee selling the fried squirrel on a stick.

Has Notre Dame improved that much since the last game? What has changed to make you believe they will give Eastern all they can handle?

Hopefully Mother Nature doesn't cause any cancellations tonight.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Eastern by a lot

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

soccerfix wrote:Eastern needs to bolster their schedule in years to come. It's not their fault that the SOC 1 is a little down this season, but they need to schedule some programs that even if they lose they will still get some credibility. The Charleston Catholic game is a good example. They may go 18-2 this year but with sites like this too many people know basketball and know the competition. Good luck Eagles the rest of the year.

Not really sure what else can be done to their non-league schedule?

1. Piketon-final 4 D3 last season
2. Charleston Catholic-WV Class A runner-up last season, AP #2 this season
3. Minford-down this year, but would still beat most D4 schools around
4. Southeastern-down this year, but would still handle most D4 schools
5. Northwest-just beat the Burg and gives every SOC2 school all they want and dominates every SOC1 school they play (only beat Eastern by 4 I think last season)
6. Holiday Classic final or consolation game. This season Western and that can't be helped.

I don't know of a D4 in southern Ohio with a stronger non-league schedule (other than Webster playing in the SOC2). If anyone is aware, please let me know. Most of the TVC schools are playing Hanna and South Gallia as non-league? It would be rare for a D4 school to go .500 with the above schedule. Most D4's would not win a single game playing the first 5 listed above.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I think Eastern wins by 30. If ND plays lights out(for them)----Eastern by 20.

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

Congratulations to the Eagles! The final score was 46 to 58, I think. It looked like the defense may have slipped a little in the fourth, but overall, it was very solid. Eastern's record is now 10-2. Keep up the hard work, and let's win another SOC!!!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Congrats to Coach Fitch and the Eagles!

Any win is a good win, but staying focused and executing the fundamentals is a must. Don't let up now gentlemen and get ready for New Boston.....that is another team that could be sneak up on you.

Being undefeated in the conference has now placed a huge bulls-eye on you and you will get every team's "A" game from here on out.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Hoggy wrote:Congrats to Coach Fitch and the Eagles!

Any win is a good win, but staying focused and executing the fundamentals is a must. Don't let up now gentlemen and get ready for New Boston.....that is another team that could be sneak up on you.

Being undefeated in the conference has now placed a huge bulls-eye on you and you will get every team's "A" game from here on out.

Congrats Eagles on the win. I hope Coach fitch is stressing Hoggy's great point. The Eagles will get every team's best and there won't be any easy games the second time through!

Get ready for the Tigers because they are going to be ready for you!

Return to “Boys Basketball”