South Webster @ Northwest 1/26 JEEPS WIN 60-58 buzzer beater

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

South Webster @ Northwest 1/26 JEEPS WIN 60-58 buzzer beater

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The Jeeps coming off of two dominating wins over east and west travel to NW to take on the Mohawks. Last game was close but I'll stick with the Webster crew in this one, not quite as close as the last one though. They have a tough week ahead with 4 straight SOC2 Games in a week. 8)
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dimedrop4
All State

Re: South Webster @ Northwest 1/26

Post by dimedrop4 »

Jeeps have got to find a way to limit Leslie to as least points as possible. They don't have problems matching up with Northwest's guards, so I'm sure Coach Ater will do whatever he can to keep the big man from dominating... Jeeps gotta be ready for a big week! Jeeps in this one by 6*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I heard Ater is bringing in Shaq to play this one. they won't let one man beat them.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

im gonna take NW by 5, 59-54 after the big win over Burg I feel their confidence is up and they won't come into the game underestimating the jeeps like they did the first time around, I think Kenny Crabtree will have a big game because Webster will stick 2 or 3 on leslie and will have somebody chasing kreig crabtree so he can't shoot, so Kenny will have a lot of 1 on 1 and I believe he will be able to take advantage of it

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

all-time athlete wrote:im gonna take NW by 5, 59-54 after the big win over Burg I feel their confidence is up and they won't come into the game underestimating the jeeps like they did the first time around, I think Kenny Crabtree will have a big game because Webster will stick 2 or 3 on leslie and will have somebody chasing kreig crabtree so he can't shoot, so Kenny will have a lot of 1 on 1 and I believe he will be able to take advantage of it

Disagree :mrgreen:

JEEP
Waterboy

Post by JEEP »

all-time athlete wrote:im gonna take NW by 5, 59-54 after the big win over Burg I feel their confidence is up and they won't come into the game underestimating the jeeps like they did the first time around, I think Kenny Crabtree will have a big game because Webster will stick 2 or 3 on leslie and will have somebody chasing kreig crabtree so he can't shoot, so Kenny will have a lot of 1 on 1 and I believe he will be able to take advantage of it

Yes NW did beat a down Burg team in OT at home, But the Jeeps are not a down team.
JEEPS by 15 :aaaaa93

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i'm gonna pull a pete rose and call the upset

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Webster WILL NOT put 2 or 3 guys on Leslie. I think they'll double team him at times, but more than likely play tight defense on everyone else. The Jeeps will force him to beat them by himself, like they did with Stegman for Burg. JMO.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

dimedrop4 wrote:Webster WILL NOT put 2 or 3 guys on Leslie. I think they'll double team him at times, but more than likely play tight defense on everyone else. The Jeeps will force him to beat them by himself, like they did with Stegman for Burg. JMO.

this is what I'm calling. I think they'll try to get a couple quick fouls on him and get him out for awhile, then put Sutton and Queen in and pound it inside. sounds good on paper anyway. :)

thompsont2
Waterboy

Post by thompsont2 »

i have seen both of these teams play alot of games, the first game was a thriller an i feel this time round will be no different, sw guard play is excelllent but northwest has leslie, and craig crabtree from behind the arc..... but that is not the two that i think will hurt webster i think it will be the other three, the difference in this game and the one earlier in the season is the fact that nw has a better feel for their offense and some key players have gotten in some quality mins....and now they have a more accurate bench..... ill take the mohawks by 5 due to the high confidence gained from the burg game in which burg played a excellent game

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

If SW can put the clamps on Leslie then they better their odds and make it a toss up. If not, then I'll take NW by 6.

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

JEEP, you shouldnt down play NW win over Burg. It just down plays your own wins. SW beat a "down" Burg team by only 3 at their place. Or SW beat a Portsmouth team without 2 starters including their best player in Horne. See what I mean, it can go both ways. It was a good win for their kids.

Should be a good game. I think South Webster is the better team, more athletic, but you never know with NW. Crabtree is going to have to hit his shots for NW to win this one. If Leslie can get the ball, then Hank will get his points. The key for SW is to pressure the guards and not allow them to enter it to Leslie. Then they need to contest Crabtree and not give him many open looks. Hank wont beat them by himself.

I say SW by 8.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

If NW guards step up, knock down open shots, and take care of the basketball I'll take the Mohawks by 10.

Webster is much improved, but their weakness is in the post and that is the Mohawk's strength with Leslie. That young man is as solid as I've seen around here in the block for a long time!

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

If Webster is going to make a run for the soc they need to learn how to move without the ball. Every game so far every pass seems to be contested. And they never make a post entry pass. First entry pass I have seen was during the east game and that didn't happen until the jv team got in. One other thing, Scott needs to look up the floor when dribbling. Especially during the press. He could have killed waverly if he would have looked up. They left guys under the basket every time during the press.

Jeeps in a thriller.

JEEP
Waterboy

Post by JEEP »

eaglegrad wrote:JEEP, you shouldnt down play NW win over Burg. It just down plays your own wins. SW beat a "down" Burg team by only 3 at their place. Or SW beat a Portsmouth team without 2 starters including their best player in Horne. See what I mean, it can go both ways. It was a good win for their kids.

Should be a good game. I think South Webster is the better team, more athletic, but you never know with NW. Crabtree is going to have to hit his shots for NW to win this one. If Leslie can get the ball, then Hank will get his points. The key for SW is to pressure the guards and not allow them to enter it to Leslie. Then they need to contest Crabtree and not give him many open looks. Hank wont beat them by himself.

I say SW by 8.

U made me feel bad I am sorry did not mean it the way it sound.
After the Jeeps fell to Valley they are on a mission.
And the Loop boy will play harder in this game than others if u know what i mean :mrgreen:

Jeeps by 15.

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

If NW can slow down the pace of the game and find ways to get Leslie the ball their chances of winning greatly improve. It would also aid their cause if SW is unable to stretch them with the 3 ball. SW's guard are really good at getting into the lane, and even better when they're knocking down outside shots. Should be a close ball game throughout.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Webster by 8

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

well we didn't have school today and neither did NW. but its still early and the sun might come out and melt it. doubt it though...

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Webster

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Read on another thread that the game tonight has been ppd til tomorrow night with game time at normal 6pm

Return to “Boys Basketball”