New Boston at Eastern 1/29 SOC I

Hoggy
SEOP

New Boston at Eastern 1/29 SOC I

Post by Hoggy »

The Eagles play host to the New Boston Tigers in SOC I action this coming Friday. Eastern will look to remain unbeaten in conference play and defend the Eagle's Nest.

Good Luck Eagles!

-varsity-
JV Team

Re: New Boston at Eastern 1/29 SOC I

Post by -varsity- »

My predictions will have to wait until after the Tigers tangle the Bobcats tomorrow night.

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

Must say the Eagles are looking impressive! Eagles should do well if they stay within themselves and play good FUNDAMENTAL basketball!
Continue working hard and do not let up now! Keep striving for those goals one game at a time.
Have not seen New Boston play, but if their guards are quick we may want to consider picking them up at half court, instead of pressing hard the entire game ( just a suggestion) All in all proud of these boys!!!!

Keep doing your WORK!!!

Eagles 68
New Boston 54

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Like Onebunter, I have not seen the Tigers yet. From what I hear, they are young but have a couple players that can score alot of points (1 had 37 in a game this season). If the Eagles are focused, Eagles by 15. If they play "flat" then the Tigers could spoil homecoming.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

onebunter-- why would you want your team to try something different when you are undefeated in conference play? I would stick with what got me where I was until someone forces me to do something different. Pressing a team is a great way to throw off their halfcourt rhythm. Just curious?

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Eagles will have to prepare for NB's "A" game as they will want to knock off Eastern from the top. With homecoming that night as well, the boys should be more than pumped to play this game. I'll say Eastern shakes off their sluggish starts they have had in the past coulple games, comes out and wins this one by 18. Good Luck Eagles.

Onebunter, I agree. If the gaurds are quicker, we should try to pick them up at half court and pack in the D a little bit. But until they can prove they can handle our pressure, I say we just full court pressure them again like we have most teams this year. Until they show they can easily get past that press. We played teams this year with better guards that struggled against it. So I look for New Boston to do the same.

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

live4sport wrote:onebunter-- why would you want your team to try something different when you are undefeated in conference play? I would stick with what got me where I was until someone forces me to do something different. Pressing a team is a great way to throw off their halfcourt rhythm. Just curious?

Live4sport:

Do not get me wrong that we should come out doing anything diiferent than we have done up to this point!! I have been to a couple of games this year when we have had a commandable lead and our guards were getting beat upfront and allowed teams to get back in the game. I totally agree with tripledouble. We come out pressing but if our guards are getting beat upfront then we need to adjust.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

OneBunter wrote:
live4sport wrote:onebunter-- why would you want your team to try something different when you are undefeated in conference play? I would stick with what got me where I was until someone forces me to do something different. Pressing a team is a great way to throw off their halfcourt rhythm. Just curious?

Live4sport:

Do not get me wrong that we should come out doing anything diiferent than we have done up to this point!! I have been to a couple of games this year when we have had a commandable lead and our guards were getting beat upfront and allowed teams to get back in the game. I totally agree with tripledouble. We come out pressing but if our guards are getting beat upfront then we need to adjust.

I don't understand the bolded part of your post Onebunter? Could you explain? Whatever is being done has a team that lost arguably its 2 best players (Osborne and Helton) to the top of the SOC1.

As to your thoughts on pressing teams, you the man and are right on. Would only add that sometimes presses are used to "wear down" teams. I've only saw Eastern Pike twice, but at the Minford game the Falcons were sucking air and dead in the 4th due to the pressure the Eagles kept up. The falcons beat the pressure some early, but the pressure over the course of the whole game was the key to the Eagles win imho.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Having settled all of that I will say Eastern by 25----press or no press.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

Clay fans are pulling for the tigers. good luck to both teams!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Go Tigers!

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Sounds like to me it should be a close game, from what i hear, Eastern has struggled the past 2 games, and everyone knows how New Boston can play...They are a streaky team

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

New Boston is a team that can ruin your season!

easternclaw
Waterboy

Post by easternclaw »

Eastern has struggled the past two games, but this is their homecoming! :-D

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

New Boston is a totally different team away from that crazy home court advantage they have. A team can beat them by 20 at home, then go to Glenwood and struggle if not lose. New Boston has ruined a few conference championships over the years, they like to play the spoiler

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

The past two games were closer than most people would have predicted, but I wouldn't say they struggled in both games. Instead of saying they struggled when they played Western, I am going to say Western stepped it up and gave the Eagles a run for their money. Western came out so fired up it was ridiculous. I wish Eastern's fans would act like that in the nest! As far as the Notre Dame game, I think Eastern did struggle in the fourth quarter, but they played very well in the other three quarters.

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

SOCFAN1430 wrote:New Boston is a totally different team away from that crazy home court advantage they have. A team can beat them by 20 at home, then go to Glenwood and struggle if not lose. New Boston has ruined a few conference championships over the years, they like to play the spoiler

You aren't kidding. I think the Eagles did exactly that last year, but I could be mistaken. I believe they beat New Boston at home by nearly 20, and then they lost to New Boston in their gym.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

Eagles over the Tigers this time.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I don't think New Boston can ruin your season -----aren't you Eagles like 3 games up on everyone? Unless Eastern completely fall apart the rest of the season then the title is theirs. :122246

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

A loss to NB and and loss Tuesday to Clay would make things interesting, but is not likely.
As far as homecoming goes, I have been to three homecomings this year and all three times the home team has lost. I think it might be more of a distraction that a boost to the team.

Return to “Boys Basketball”