Trimble @ Eastern 1/29

classof86
All State

Trimble @ Eastern 1/29

Post by classof86 »

Trimble travels to Eastern Friday night for a huge Tri Valley Conference match up. I am officially puting Eastern on upset alert. Trimble is playing very well, but if Eastern comes to play I don't see why the outcome of this game should be any different than the first match up. Guthrie must stay out of foul trouble for the Tomcats. I look for Eastern to win 75-65.

coachK
JV Team

Re: Trimble @ Eastern 1/29

Post by coachK »

hard to win in shortys house.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

I have a $50 bill in my pocket that says Guthrie does not stay out of foul trouble at Eastern. I will guess one foul within the first two minutes. Two fouls within the first 6 minutes of the game. By the end of the second quater he will have three. By the Early fourth he will have four. When those Eastern players flop in the lane the refs Howdee gets call the fouls. Guthrie will be this weeks victim.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Flop? Id like to see you step on there and take as many charges as Eastern does.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Yes flop. And there is a reason it gets called a charge more often at Eastern than it does on the road. If some of those players got hit as hard as they act like they do they would never finish a game. They would have to be carried off the court. So yes it is a flop most of the time. Should be T'd up for it instead of calling a charge.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

You can't be serious. Would you rather them try to block the shot and get fouled? or just move out of the way?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I saw Eastern trying to pull off some of those flops at Athens. Their crowd was going nutso over the no calls. Then I watched it again on TV. Most times there wasn't even any contact being made. Bad acting should have been the call. :lol:

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:I saw Eastern trying to pull off some of those flops at Athens. Their crowd was going nutso over the no calls. Then I watched it again on TV. Most times there wasn't even any contact being made. Bad acting should have been the call. :lol:

Isn't flopping a Technical, or am I thinking of NCAA or NBA. Honest question no bad feelings intended.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

I dont think Heavy D means they flop on every charge, just occasionally

TOMCAT_FAN
Waterboy

Post by TOMCAT_FAN »

Heavy D wrote:I have a $50 bill in my pocket that says Guthrie does not stay out of foul trouble at Eastern. I will guess one foul within the first two minutes. Two fouls within the first 6 minutes of the game. By the end of the second quater he will have three. By the Early fourth he will have four. When those Eastern players flop in the lane the refs Howdee gets call the fouls. Guthrie will be this weeks victim.

Heavy D -
Guthrie will have to do his best to play the game that the officials are calling. Being the big man comes with many challenges, including poor officiating because they are big. Unfair? Yes. Avoidable? I hope so. The CATS have been playing very well on the road. Interestling enough with "different officials" than they are accustom to. Hmmm....

I would like to give the TOMCATS that $50 dollar bill for giving the EAGLES all they want tomorrow night.

GO CATS!

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

I actually look for this game to be a bit of a challenge.
And I agree with Class...Heavy D, seriously? How many Eastern games have you seen?
@old bird: I don't believe it's a technical until the NBA level but I'm not sure. I doubt it is in the high school game especially around here.
Besides, how many charges are called a game? Not so many as I've been to most of Eastern's games. They pressure the opposition's offense and force turnovers or bad shots. And you have to admit this is the case.
Anyways, to end the ramble, the Eagles take a small brow beating but soar to a victory with a score around 58-47 or somewhere along those lines.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

I will take Trimble. They have been playing great.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Lungbuster wrote:I dont think Heavy D means they flop on every charge, just occasionally

You are correct. They do a good job of taking actual charges most of the time. But I have seen them flop early in games to try to get a big man in foul trouble. It usually works at Eastern. But hey, I guess hiring officials that will call the no touch charge is part of the strategy down there. Whatever works for you.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

TOMCAT_FAN wrote:
Heavy D wrote:I have a $50 bill in my pocket that says Guthrie does not stay out of foul trouble at Eastern. I will guess one foul within the first two minutes. Two fouls within the first 6 minutes of the game. By the end of the second quater he will have three. By the Early fourth he will have four. When those Eastern players flop in the lane the refs Howdee gets call the fouls. Guthrie will be this weeks victim.

Heavy D -
Guthrie will have to do his best to play the game that the officials are calling. Being the big man comes with many challenges, including poor officiating because they are big. Unfair? Yes. Avoidable? I hope so. The CATS have been playing very well on the road. Interestling enough with "different officials" than they are accustom to. Hmmm....

I would like to give the TOMCATS that $50 dollar bill for giving the EAGLES all they want tomorrow night.

GO CATS!

TOMCAT_FAN

Must agree with you. Let's just hope that Heavy D isn't right about the fouls. That young man does not commit (all) the fouls that he is called for. Sad, as the TOMCATS play well with all FIVE starters on the floor together.

Heads Up CATS..... play hard and don't quit. I foresee a close one if you do!

GO CATS! :aaaaa26

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

This will be a huge game for both teams as a loss for either will hurt come seeding time for the D4 tournament.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Howdee will stomp the koondogger in this one. Yes the big kid from Trimble will be in foul trouble as usual. And as usual Howdee will stomp and get some charge calls. But even if not, when is the last time koondogger won at Eastern? Has he ever won there?

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

This topic isnt as active as I figured it would be

L.R. Faires
Waterboy

Post by L.R. Faires »

The big fella from Trimble will be fine. Eastern is hard to beat at home, good crowd, good coach, etc. The cats will show up, and the game will be close, just like the last one. Good Luck cats!

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

Good luck Tomcats! The Ax is rooting for you. I know all about the refs at Eastern or the refs anywhere Howie has coached.

TOMCAT_FAN
Waterboy

Post by TOMCAT_FAN »

classof86 wrote:This topic isnt as active as I figured it would be

Maybe it is because it has not been as bashing as some threads - which is a good thing! I don't like the way Motivators comment sounded "as usual" with Trimble's big boy. I hope it was not meant sarcastically or in a negative way. The TOMCATS are a fine team - all the boys from the starters to the bench.

GO CATS!

Return to “Boys Basketball”