Athens Basketball

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Re: Athens Basketball

Post by Tyler_Durden »

you continue to miss the point. the real context of that sentence you underlined is "they don't care". i think it's amusing how much everyone seems to concern themselves with athens and their business. everyone else cares about athens, but athens (among those who really matter--the players, coaches, ad's, etc.), they don't care about you or what you think. whine about them all you want. the people who matter will just either ignore you or laugh at you on their way to championship after championship.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

It sure is burning your arse up though. :lol: That is why I continue to post about it. People like you that aparently have low self esteem or something. You jump down the throat of anyone who says anything about Athens leaving the SEO. So my posts are directed at people like you, not the teams. You are fun to mess with. :lol:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Tyler_Durden wrote:you continue to miss the point. the real context of that sentence you underlined is "they don't care". i think it's amusing how much everyone seems to concern themselves with athens and their business. everyone else cares about athens, but athens (among those who really matter--the players, coaches, ad's, etc.), they don't care about you or what you think. whine about them all you want. the people who matter will just either ignore you or laugh at you on their way to championship after championship.

You keep stating that. If you truely beleive that, then why do you care? You must really think they do care, or you would not keep getting on here and dredging it up. Got ya again didn't I. :lol:

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Heavy D wrote:
Tyler_Durden wrote:you continue to miss the point. the real context of that sentence you underlined is "they don't care". i think it's amusing how much everyone seems to concern themselves with athens and their business. everyone else cares about athens, but athens (among those who really matter--the players, coaches, ad's, etc.), they don't care about you or what you think.whine about them all you want. the people who matter will just either ignore you or laugh at you on their way to championship after championship.

You keep stating that. If you truely beleive that, then why do you care? You must really think they do care, or you would not keep getting on here and dredging it up. Got ya again didn't I. :lol:

wrong again. i'm just one of the many people who are not from athens but posting about athens. i am not among those i mentioned "who matter". i am just like you. i don't matter. and i doubt if athens cares what i think either. i am okay with that though. you, on the other hand, have invested more than half your posts on this forum in downgrading athens, which tells me you are bothered by them much more than i ever will be. there are many "athens stalkers" out there, and you are among the athens stalkers, just ready to pounce on them any time they say they are happy about a win they just got. i am not dialoguing with you on this because you are under my skin. i could really care less myself. i just enjoy reading about all the teams down there and it seems like every time i open an athens thread i see the same old tired comments coming from the same old tired trolls.
Last edited by Tyler_Durden on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Athens stalker? :lol: No I just get a kick out of people like you that get uptight when someone mentions the cut and run. I can tell it does upset you cause you concentrated all of your posts on bashing me. :mrgreen: You must really hate moonshine and motovater if you spend this much energy spouting off about me. :lol:

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

None of this will matter when VC goes into Athens and beats the Bulldogs. :oops: :oops:
Fact is Athens IS playing a weaker schedule, and come tourney time it will show. I feel Warren, LE or VC will beat them come sectional time. Only time will tell....but I would be shocked to see Athens play in the Convo, and if the Bulldog fans quit drinking the juice they would agree.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

All of you need to stop, I'm not even from Athens and I see the hate. Some of you are living off what you did in high school or have a kid that plays and there teams isn't having any success against Athens. like I keep stating best 5 on the court see who wins. Sorry if you don't have a good enough 5 and maybe next year Athens won't have a good team and the size of the school will once again be a non issue as it was five years ago when all the so called small schools were taking it to them. Look at your history and see the success Athens has had in the past, not much. Still bigger school, still playing the area schools but no success and not one said a word. Get it together people.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What does any of this have to do with Jackson not playing Oak Hill? Please list all the basketball teams in the SEOAL that Logan is whipping up on? Warren playing Waterford when they were good.....god I bet Coach Maddox was scared to freaking death?

Athens playing Eastern, Southern and Trimble aren't big risks...it's simply Athens playing in the big school of the TVC versus 3 teams from the small school who are typically 3 solid teams.

I said some very kind words that I completely meant on the first page and it gets ignored. Who is the best team from Ohio that Athens has played? Eastern.....one of the top D4 teams in the SE district no doubt.....and who is the best team Eastern has played in from Ohio?

Why should Logan leave the SEOAL because a team or two is half their size? How is that different then Athens playing versus teams half their size(or closer to a 1/4)?

This Athens season is strongly resembling many VC seasons of the recent years.....I'm sure it will continue throughout the season that way. (Not an insult)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... have had the opportunity/pleasure to see the Athens TEAM play 3 times this season - @ Vinton Co, vs Logan, vs Reedsville Eastern ... ALL three games showed the extent to which Athens has become a quality team - in each game the Bulldogs were the team that set the tempo of the game ... in ALL three games the bulldogs were in control offensively and defensively ... in ALL three games vs teams who like to pressure the ball AHS minimized their TOs (vs VC -12, vs Eastern -8, vs Logan 15) ... in the last 4 years the words CONTROL and Athens were never used in the same sentence ... the best word used to describe what was taking place on the hardwood in The Plains was "Havoc" - out of control , helter skelter play at both ends of the floor, a team that had a 50/50 chance to beat a team that was weaker and NO chance to beat a team that was a TEAM ... this years TEAM in Athens under the leadership of Coach Skinner has the legitimate opportunity to play with and beat every team they take the court against- NOT because of the size of school their opponent happens to be but because the game of basketball is now being taught, played in Athens - fundamentals on the court at both ends of the floor , structured offensive attack ... the kids on the court are playing basketball AND the kids have skills! you won't find a better ball player who can do it all as you have in Butcher - he scores from everywhere , gets to the rim as well as anyone in Southern Ohio ... Pfaff, Valentour,Butcher, Maffin, Stanley - as solid a starting 5 as you will find ... taking that talent and putting "Havoc ball" in the rearview mirror has been Coach Skinner ... players have bought into the fact that THEY can play with anyone - no gimmicks needed - Coach Skinner has to be considered Coach the Year thus far Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

... bottom line - the players don't make the schedule, the only thing they can do is play the "games" ... if your trying to plug some argument about school size, competition yada yada yada ... you aren't looking closely at what has happened or is happening at AHS athletically ... Athens at 13-1 heading into the the Vinton County rematch speaks for itself ...

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

While much of the above posts might be true, it is hard to measure. But one thing that can be measured is schedule strength. Athen's schedule is measurably weaker than it was before the jump to the TVC. As for Athens playing Trimble, I remember them rarely beating Athens even before the change. Southern and Eastern I can not speak about cause I don't remember Athens playing them. But I would say Ironton and Chilli are probably a little better than those two most year. So again, a lot of feel good speculation, but still no admission of a weaker schedule.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

As the old saying goes! Size Matters! True fact Athens could not complete with schools there own size in football and basketball on a regular basics and by the way is is not the kids fault! It is the school administration and coaching and it also can be traced back to the youth progams failure to motivate the kids and coummunity! Cut and run same old story!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

moonschein wrote:As the old saying goes! Size Matters! True fact Athens could not complete with schools there own size in football and basketball on a regular basics and by the way is is not the kids fault! It is the school administration and coaching and it also can be traced back to the youth progams failure to motivate the kids and coummunity! Cut and run same old story!

Size matters? Really? I thought the OHSAA's only reason for dividing schools up into divisions according to size was to make more money off the tournaments. So you are saying there is another reason for the divisions? Huh. Maybe someone should tell those Athens fans who keep saying the size of the school has no bearing on the number of players there are to draw from? What a revolutionary way to look at things. So size does matter... Maybe that is why schools like Eastern have never had to face the likes of Zanesville, or for land sakes Canton McKinely in the tournament? I think you may be on to something moonshein. :mrgreen:

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

Thanks Pfloyd. Your opinion is all that matters on this forum anyway.

Go Dogs.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

And Logan is afraid to play in the OCC with schools their size. And talk about youth programs, what a joke you are. I have witnessed your debacle of youth programs for the last 8 years. The infighting and backstabbing that occurs within your own organizations is an absolute crime. You are an absolute JOKE moon. Did you even make it past the 3rd grade?? You asked for it and have been for a long time.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Heavy D wrote:It sure is burning your arse up though. :lol: That is why I continue to post about it. People like you that aparently have low self esteem or something. You jump down the throat of anyone who says anything about Athens leaving the SEO. So my posts are directed at people like you, not the teams. You are fun to mess with. :lol:

These Athens fans are SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sensitive and soft.....just like their teams.....I think what all of us are sayin is that we remember a time when Athens held their heads high among the best competition SE Ohio had to offer. Of course that was 35 years ago. Now, instead of staying in the shark tank and building back programs to be proud of, they have chosen to jump into a pond full of guppies and then brag when they beat up on smaller competition. Then they want to deny their motives. The scheduling of Wahama and the attempt and denial of the attempt to schedule Hannan in both football and basketball are classic examples of things that would make old school Athens fans puke.

blubomber89
Riding the Bench

Post by blubomber89 »

I tell you what I am an Athens fan and there is nothing sensitive or soft about me. Get a grip on reality casue at the end of the day the talent pool in this area at this time is at Athens, it goes baack to putting best on the court and on the field. As the old saying goes anyone can be beat at any given time no matter the size of the school. I am sorry if there isn't enough talent at your school at the moment but in time you'll get over it and a new day will begin for you.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

I thought the saying in athens was we can beat anybody anytime as long as our enrollemnt is double theirs. If it isnt we will

:mrgreen: CUT AND RUN! :mrgreen:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^^^^

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This certainly is one of the more entertaining threads that I've read in awhile. Good stuff guys! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Spartan wrote:And Logan is afraid to play in the OCC with schools their size. And talk about youth programs, what a joke you are. I have witnessed your debacle of youth programs for the last 8 years. The infighting and backstabbing that occurs within your own organizations is an absolute crime. You are an absolute JOKE moon. Did you even make it past the 3rd grade?? You asked for it and have been for a long time.

Spartan, Thank you for your complement, Let's analyze, This is not about Logan's size! In response, over the years Logan's youth program have been far superior to most area programs. Logan's programs date back to the late 60's. Nelsonville's youth programs are outstanding also! (They produced a state champion!) As far as Cutting and Running, if Athens had the coaching like they had in the 60's and 70's they could have still competed with schools of there own size. So Size does Matter! One last Question: Is Athens a Div II school?

Return to “Boys Basketball”