Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

dimedrop4
All State

Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

Post by dimedrop4 »

Huge game Friday night!!! Can't wait for this one. National COY Persin's Oak Hill Oaks, undefeated in the league and 7th in the state in D3, come to Webster to take on Coach Ater's pesky 9-1 Jeeps. Guarantee a PACKED HOUSE for this one, as the top 2 teams in the SOC 2 square off for battle. If Webster can pull this one out, they have a good chance at making a run for the SOC 2 title. Webster must try to limit the Oaks to 1 shot each possession, and most importantly, REBOUND. Everyone has to play big in this one, and Webster's big guys need to step up big like they did in the 4th quarter at Northwest. Guard play will match up very well in this one, so its a matter of what players can make things happen on both sides of the court. Jeeps have to play to win and defend their home court! Don't let the Oaks walk in to our gym and have their way like Valley did. We can do this! Webster by 4*

Thoughts/Predictions?

GOOOOOO JEEPS!!!!!

:aaaaa96
Last edited by dimedrop4 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

iwearblacknikes
S

Re: Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Oak Hill is now ranked 7th in the state in Division III

I'll take the Oaks in this one by 6

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

This match-up is intriguing in many ways.
The Jeeps have made a great turnaround and have to be the surprise team of the year. With a new coach and a new philosophy, they have adapted much faster than I expected.

Oak Hill is finally getting their game together. After it looked like they were struggling early, they have put everything together and are getting geared up for the tourney. This will NOT be easy.

Then there’s the teacher vs. student aspect. Coach Ader played for Norm at Chesapeake if I heard correctly so he knows Norm’s strategies. Can he design a defense for those strategies? Can he figure out a way to get by his old coach?

Here’s what I think will ultimately happen…

The game will be snowed out! :lol:

God get ‘em Jeeps!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Would love to see the Jeeps pull this one out but I don't think they match up very well with the Oaks. Oak Hill will play a very physical game and try to pound it inside. The are also very good on the offensive glass.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I see the Oaks bruising their way to a victory. Norm will keep the score low, control the boards, and Onedera will score as needed.

Oaks by 10. (Although I commend the Jeeps every time I pick against them they win!)

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Tiger, I have to agree. I dont like the match ups either. Sloan and Hale are big match up problems. Maybe if Scott can contain Ondera.???? But not been too impressed with Scotts defense so far. It will definitly take a team effort. Just have to beat them up a down the floor for 36 min. If Scott keeps his head up looking down the floor, might be able to get some easy buckets. No great insight hear, just have to play hard, smart, and kick'em in the teeth.

Jeeps in another thriller.

Blood pressure medicine.........check.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Oaks are too strong. OH by 10.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

jeep80 wrote:This match-up is intriguing in many ways.
The Jeeps have made a great turnaround and have to be the surprise team of the year. With a new coach and a new philosophy, they have adapted much faster than I expected.

Oak Hill is finally getting their game together. After it looked like they were struggling early, they have put everything together and are getting geared up for the tourney. This will NOT be easy.

Then there’s the teacher vs. student aspect. Coach Ader played for Norm at Chesapeake if I heard correctly so he knows Norm’s strategies. Can he design a defense for those strategies? Can he figure out a way to get by his old coach?

Here’s what I think will ultimately happen…
Actually, Coach Ater was both the varsity assistant to Norm and JV Coach as well as playing for Norm. Yes, he does know Norm's basketball style and philosophy but dont' under-estimate Norms ability to adapt and change to the challange. After all that's why he (Norm) is soooooo successful. It will be an exciting game to watch!

The game will be snowed out! :lol:

God get ‘em Jeeps!

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

I can't wait to see this game. OH got a big boost when they got Cannon back. It seems as if Norm has them playing great ball at the right time. Going into Webster and winning on their home court won't be easy. This game is to close to call so I won't be giving a prediction but will be hoping for an Oaks victory.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Jeeps in this one.. Oak Hill aint even about to come up in our house and beat us. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ..... :twisted:

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Oak's by 3!

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Oaks by 7!!!

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

Oaks by 10+ ..

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

iwearblacknikes wrote:Oak Hill is now ranked 7th in the state in Division III

SW was never ranked above 11th and they had sizable wins all the way to the Championship. rankings and polls mean nothing. I'd say they'll drop after SW beats them though.

fballfan08
Waterboy

Post by fballfan08 »

The jeeps just came off a big win against NW. I see the jeeps squeezing through with a win over the oaks by a score of 46-49. Winning close games gives them experience when it comes down to the wire. But of course coach and the oaks will come ready to go.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Waverly is hoping for a dose of "home cooking" coming from Webster. But we will bring our own refs when we come.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

This should be a close game, I will say the Oaks by 6.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Swanker Pine wrote:
iwearblacknikes wrote:Oak Hill is now ranked 7th in the state in Division III

SW was never ranked above 11th and they had sizable wins all the way to the Championship. rankings and polls mean nothing. I'd say they'll drop after SW beats them though.

Actually Swanker, South Webster's final ranking was 4th the year they won the title.
But it is true that rankings are meaniingless. It's just a popularity contest with the northern teams getting a majority of the votes.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

I was just correcting dimedrop, he/she said that they were ranked 8th and they are 7th. I know polls are meaningless it all comes down to how the game is played!

Go Oaks!

lilb-baller
Waterboy

Post by lilb-baller »

Go Jeeps!!! Waverly will cheering loud!

Return to “Boys Basketball”