waterford wildcats

bballfan.2010
Waterboy

waterford wildcats

Post by bballfan.2010 »

i can not believe what we are watching at waterford. i think it is high time someone says what several are thinking. how can a school that ran don miller out of town keep putting up with a coach like tom simms. waterford has to be the most poorly coached team in the valley. lets stop playing favorites and start playing talent. anyone who watched that game against frontier last night had to see that waterford did really well when some players were on the court and not so well when others were out there. if a coach from out of town who had no parental input walked in and ran a camp for one week and picked a starting 5, do you think for one minute the 5 that started on the floor would be out there for your wildcats. no way. i have listened to parents and fans complain about simms for 20 years and he is still coaching. that is terrible. these boys that are good players and are sitting the bench are getting robbed of a great year of basketball. they actually have some boys that could have given them a lot better record than what they have right now. talent is not transferable from player to player. teamwork and effort are. there has always been an unspoken rule that freshman have to earn a spot on the team and in the locker room. mostly everyone gets that. when, as a coach you let that get put into writing, and you sign off on it that is a team breaker. and yes fans that what simms did. i saw the letter. i hope it gets copied and sent out to all the parents. i have no waterford kids, no real ties to anyone. im just a fan speaking my piece. as parents and fans you should speak your piece as well.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Re: waterford wildcats

Post by amazinghocks »

Kudos to Simms for staying after the talent left Waterford. Can't say I agree with you, I was at the game last night and saw a 1 win team get a great effort and they continue to give a great effort.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

amazinghocks ... what was the score of last nights game?

bballfan.2010
Waterboy

Post by bballfan.2010 »

no one plays high school basketball forever. they new for 4 years cunningham would be leaving after his senior year and a good coaching staff would have spent more time grooming the players around him to play on without him. the best play on the court for waterford came off the bench. frontier has a great team, and are very well coached. i would have been very surprised if waterford would have come close to beating them, however, they were definitely more productive in the 2nd quarter than the 1st. i would have to look up the score to be certain of it, but i know the margin was greater at the end of the 1st than the 2nd. the great thing about somewhere like this is all opinions are welcomed, i still stand by opinion and my observations. i dont think simms is a good coach, i never have.

fishoutofwater
Waterboy

Post by fishoutofwater »

coach simms took over a program that was 0-21 the year before he was there and since has turned a program that was going in the wrong direction, and that not many or maybe no one at the time would have been willing to take over. but for this season from what i have seen in a couple games and heard from other people they are a young team, with not a lot coming from the senior class. there as been some things this year that he could do better but i think if the kids coming back get in the gym and work together throughout the off-season waterford will be back to their winning ways again next year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Could someone fill me in if Wateford even won or lost Wednesday? A score would be really cool ...

thx

bballfan.2010
Waterboy

Post by bballfan.2010 »

Waterford lost. It is a shame they do not have a deeper well of coaches to choose from. It is really sad that the players they have are not being used where they are most needed. I do think they could have had a better season. You will never find a school that has everyone loving all the coaches and all the decisions made. My opinion is just that, my opinion.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I don't think that you are going to get an upswell of support on here to call for Coach Simms head.

I know what he inherited, saw it first hand, and watched him build the program, and now the talent is down again.

Sounds like a personal beef about someone's kid not getting the court time that mom or dad feels "Little Johnny" deserves, in their eyes...........

bballfan.2010
Waterboy

Post by bballfan.2010 »

I have no one playing on the team. Only know about 4 of the boys even in passing. I have watched Waterford sports and simms for over 20 years. I have never been a fan of his style of coaching. To walk in and watch a few of the games you have to scratch your head and wonder what the coaches are thinking. This is no personal agenda. This is someone who watched a few games and was surprised to see how the boys were lined up and how they played.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

61-48 was the score of the game
WATERFORD -Frontier had four double-digit scorers en route to a 61-48 triumph over host Waterford in boys basketball action Wednesday night.

Ryan Haessly led the Cougars (11-3) with 13 points. Brandan Murphy and Corey Fickiesen each chipped in with 11, and Lance Felton had 10.

Waterford (2-10) was paced by Levi Porter and Aaron Miller, who had 11 and nine points, respectively.

Frontier 61, Waterford 48

Frontier 20 10 12 19 - 61

Waterford 8 12 12 16 - 48

FRONTIER (11-3)

Troy Carpenter 2 0-0 5, Brandan Murphy 3 2-2 11, Nick Brunoni 2 0-0 4, Lance Felton 5 0-0 10, Tyler Binegar 3 1-2 7, Corey Fickiesen 4 2-2 11, Ryan Haessly 6 1-2 13. TOTALS 25 6-8 61. 3pt goals: Murphy 3, Fickiesen, Carpenter 1.

WATERFORD (2-10)

Alex McCutcheon 1 0-0 3, Chad Offenberger 1 2-2 4, Levi Porter 4 3-4 11, Aaron Miller 3 0-0 9, Derek Ginter 1 0-0 3, Levi McCutcheon 1 2-4 4. Tate Lang 10-0 2, Taylor Pottmeyer 3 0-0 6, Jacob Biedel 2 1-2 6.

TOTALS: 18 8-14 48. 3pt goals AMcCutcheon 1, Miller 3, Ginter 1, Biedel 1

Team stats

Shooting: W 17-46, F 25-48; Rebounds W 21 (Porter 6), F 26 (Felton 6), Assists W 13 (LMcCutcheon 5), F 14 (Binegar 4), Steals: 6 W (Miller 3), F 4; Turnovers W 13, F 11

JV: Frontier 40, W 37

F: Eddie Salayar 8, Levi cobb 8

Cougar Lover
Waterboy

Post by Cougar Lover »

You lost cause you played a better team. Dont matter what 5 players were on the court you still would have lost. Sounds like some moms little boy didnt get to play and now she wants to fire the coach. She'll show him wont she? Just hope she doenst know any board members or she may get her way from what I hear about Waterford.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

I gurantee Waterford will be a good team next year, Tate Lang is the next Reggie Sims.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

This is my 2cents: (and I haven't seen Waterford play but 1 time last season against Oak Hill at the Convo)

1. Your coach probably got 2 much credit for winning when you had a D1 College center playing against small schools in the TVC.

2. Your coach is probably getting 2 much of the blame for losing games now when he doesn't have as good of a team.

3. Bballfan2010 should apply for the job next season....or

4. Bballfan2010 should go to your coach and volunteer to help the coach at practice if you truly care about your team. That might help your team more than this thread.

Good luck to the Tomcats (unless you have to play Eastern Pike)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

THANKS AMAZINGHOCKS ...

I needed that score for the web site ... thanks again.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

THANKS AMAZINGHOCKS ...

I needed that score for the web site ... thanks again.

greenblackwhite
Waterboy

Post by greenblackwhite »

bballfan.2010, I am a former basketball player of simms' and I totally disagree with what you are saying. Simms may not be the typical "basketball guy", but he has totally turned this program around. He has practically dominated fort frye the last several years and has done a great job. He does a great job relating to his players and inspiring them. Waterford lost a lot of quality players last year and it will take a little time to get them back on the winning streak again but I have confidence in Simms.

yaballa
Waterboy

Post by yaballa »

i agree with bballfan2010. i like tom simms as a coach and everything....it seems like he treats the kids good and can really encourage them but he has talent on that team but he will not play it. tate lang is alot better than taylor pottmeyer but he wil not play tate just because hes a sophmore. also there is two or three freshman on that team that could be playing varsity but there is only one that sits over there and all he does is sit on the bench and he could out play a few of them older boys.

meow_mix
Waterboy

Post by meow_mix »

you guys have lost it! Simms has turned the program around and has one bad year and people call for his head. Not smart. He was a great guy when I was in school and he still is. And I'm sure quite a few of you are freshmen parents. GROW UP. D.J. Cunningham didn't even dress varsity his freshmen year and he was 6'7 at the time. Tate Lang has talent but does not need to be playing over the seniors. The seniors make up for their talent with their leadership. This year's only problem is hardly any of them have played any varsity and they don't have much experience. But whatever if you guys wanna try to run out Simms, I can guarantee the next guy in won't do half the job that Simms does with those boys.

greenblackwhite
Waterboy

Post by greenblackwhite »

Actually tate lang has been playing a lot on varsity lately and even travis ball hasnt done bad, but to say that some of the freshman should be playing on varsity, now that is a little extreme.

yaballa
Waterboy

Post by yaballa »

i dont know why you think thats extreme. i think his last name is shryver........hes a good ball player. he could play varsity. and ya tate lang is a good ball player.

Return to “Boys Basketball”