Vinton County JVs

McArthur General
Waterboy

Vinton County JVs

Post by McArthur General »

Undefeated so far. I hear they would beat most varsity teams in the area. Looks like Travis Hale has done a great job in taking over that JV program. Keep the streak alive tonight, Vikes!

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County JVs

Post by AxGrinder »

Tonight will be a big game for the JV teams of Athens & VC. Both Clubs will be playing for 1st place of TVC. VC is undefeated and Athens has only loss 1 game ironically to VC. The first matchup the Vikes controlled the entire game. The Bulldogs definitely had a shooting slump that night but VC was just too much to handle. Hopefully the table will be turned tonight.

By the way, that was this years Sophomores for Athens, first loss since 8th grade, again ironically to the Vikes. Which again was Athens only lost that year. They went undefeated last year as Freshman. So these two teams have battled for many years including 4 - 6th grade biddy league games. Should be a great game to open up for the Varsity Squads.

Good luck tonight to both teams.

Go Bulldogs.

McArthur General
Waterboy

Post by McArthur General »

I fail to see the irony. Sounds like the Vikings are just better.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

VC-21
Athens-11
At the half. Looks like VC's JV will "ironically" win again lol.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Hey Bluegrass - Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Dr. Naismith
Waterboy

Post by Dr. Naismith »

VC has really got a program going. This JV team i got the chance to see last night is possibly the best JV team i've seen since the Alexander JV team in 2001-2002 who also went undefeated on the year if my memory serves me well...

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Are the starters all young kids? Do they have any Juniors playing? Vinton looks to be solid for a few more years.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Do they have any size?

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

nickle back wrote:Are the starters all young kids? Do they have any Juniors playing? Vinton looks to be solid for a few more years.

VC had at least 3 juniors on the floor at a time. One of them I know played in the Varsity game sparingly.

Athens starts all sopomores with one junior who subs in and plays substantial mins. There are no crossovers to the varsity from the jv.

Both teams will definitely be fun to watch in years to come.

P.S.
As for the irony, I was just comparing how these two teams have battled since forth grade. Also how when they have a lost on their record it is usually to the other. There was no disrespect intended.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Vinton County JV's start two juniors, Bobby Walton and Justin Breniser, two sophomores, Joey Batey and Ryan Chesser, and one freshman, L.B. Remy. Junior Jay Wiseman plays two quarters just so that he can get some time on the floor for game experience that he normally does not get with the Varsity. Wiseman and Walton are never on the floor at the same time, so there is not always three juniors on the floor at the same time. If Wiseman plays on Varsity it is to spell minutes for Dylan Guthrie and Taylor Reed, two seniors.

LILZT, no you did not.

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

I clearly think Warren has the best JV team around.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

WARRIOR BS wrote:I clearly think Warren has the best JV team around.

Bring them to Peebles and we might change your mind. :lol:

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

I don't think so, who have you played and what is your record.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

WARRIOR BS wrote:I don't think so, who have you played and what is your record.

12-2(Adams County Tourny Champs)

We have beat South Point and Paint Valley(By 29 despite playing the freshmen team in the fourth quarter) plus a couple other very good in-conference teams. Their only losses this season came early to a VERY good Ripley JV and North Adams JV by 1. Almost none of the JV players have played together before this year and I would say that factored into the losses. We have a good mix of height and speed. They have 4 players 6-3 or taller.

Starting Lineup:
Jacob Daniels(6'4", Soph.)
Brandon Leedy(Injured, 6'4", Jr.)(Broke his foot in the North Adams loss)
AJ Chamblin(6'1",Jr.)
Mason Johnson(6'1",Fr.)
Matthew McAdow(5'9",Fr)

Key Backups:
Dylan Rinck(6'3",Jr.)
Tyler Gray(6'3",Fr.)
Jerison Harper(5'10",Jr.)
Josh Chandler(6'1",Fr)
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

I will give it to you that you have some height. We are 14-1 with our only loss coming to Logan at Logan. That game our 3 starting guards only played a combined 4 quarters. We start 4 Soph. and a Fr. Our soph and fr class is real strong. They really play team ball. We played Vinton County in the foundation game and won it handily.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

WARRIOR BS wrote:I will give it to you that you have some height. We are 14-1 with our only loss coming to Logan at Logan. That game our 3 starting guards only played a combined 4 quarters. We start 4 Soph. and a Fr. Our soph and fr class is real strong. They really play team ball. We played Vinton County in the foundation game and won it handily.

haha It doesn't really matter, Peebles and Warren will probably never have to meet up anyway. Out of all 4 classes currently in high school at Peebles 3 went undefeated all the way through Jr. High. The Ripley loss ended our Freshmen's 120 game win streak.

WARRIOR BS
Waterboy

Post by WARRIOR BS »

You are right. Sounds like they had a pretty good run. I think it would be a pretty good game, though. Good luck the rest of the year.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

WARRIOR BS wrote:You are right. Sounds like they had a pretty good run. I think it would be a pretty good game, though. Good luck the rest of the year.

You to :-D

Return to “Boys Basketball”