02-02-10 Eastern @Clay

claypantherfan
All State

02-02-10 Eastern @Clay

Post by claypantherfan »

so what is your thoughts in this one when they should have every body back from suspension and illness?

live4sport
JV Team

Re: 02-02-10 Eastern @Clay

Post by live4sport »

Looking at the numbers Eastern doesn't have some unbeatable team full of "stars" but I'll tell you what they do have.....depth, desire, intensity, and one of the best coaches in the area. Having said all of that it will be a close one. If it comes down to ingame adjustments and coaching then its Eastern over Clay.

Eagle by 4
Last edited by live4sport on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle eye
Waterboy

Post by Eagle eye »

I think Eastern has been getting into a bad habit of playing with the competition as of late. In the beginning of the season, they rolled over the competition by around 23 points every game. I still take Eastern in this game but only by 7. If Eastern's past three games wouldn't have been so close, I would have said 15 or 16. Good luck, Eagles, keep up the hard work!

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Clay will have something to prove after losing a player for two games and having a boy out sick on Friday. I look for them to repeat last years 5 point win. Clay 65 Eastern 60.

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

I am a Panther fan but I have to agree with Live4sport on this one. If it comes down to coaching then Eastern will take the edge. Good Luck, Panthers..If you can eek out a win against Eastern then you could prove to go far in the tournaments.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

The Eagles are gonna have to step up their game if they are gonna beat Clay this tues. Clay is much improved from their first meeting and Eastern has been struggling lately. Some said they were gonna get every teams A game from here on out and it has showed in the last three games as they were all close. They play well enough to beat the last three teams though, they will have to improve and work on some things to beat clay at their place. Coach Fitch should have them ready. I'll take Eastern by 7 in this one. It will be a close game throughout and they'll pull away at the end with ft's.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

This game is very dangerous for Eastern....(Kinda like the perfect storm). The Eagles have been edging out victories, but has allowed teams to stay close that probably shouldn't have been within 15-20 points. Have they peaked too soon and now the rest have caught up?

Clay will be back to full strength and playing on their home court. The Panthers will be looking to prove a point on Tuesday and needs a victory to stay alive in the title hunt.

Hopefully the Eagles can continue their winning ways, but if they allow Clay to stay close, they may find themselves on the other end of a 3-5 point decision.

I honestly believe that it will come down to who commits the fewest turn overs and which team can cash in at the charity stripe. I have to go with my Eagles in this one, but I wouldn't be willing to bet the farm on it though.

Good Luck Eagles!

Eastern - 63
Clay - 60

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

hey Hoggy--- I wouldn't mind betting your farm on it!! :lol:

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eagles full court pressure will be the diffrence in a very tight game.My prediction...

Eastern 59
Clay 56

Lets keep it rolling to an SOC title!

GO EAGLES!!!!

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

live4sport wrote:hey Hoggy--- I wouldn't mind betting your farm on it!! :lol:

I take it's Eastern of Pike?

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I don't think Eastern's SOC I title is in jeopardy even with a loss, unless the self destruct in the last 4 games of the season, but it would be a big moral victory for Clay and a good tune up for the tourney run. Clay is a much improved team since their first match, not so much in talent, as it was there in game 1, but in the style of play that Coach T has gone to.

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

I agree with you on that, 2cents. I think the coach finally has decided to use a differnet stradegy. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this game. Good Luck, Panthers. Keep your eye on the prize!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
live4sport wrote:hey Hoggy--- I wouldn't mind betting your farm on it!! :lol:

I take it's Eastern of Pike?

Yes, it is Eastern Pike

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I would like to make additional comments pertaining to this game, but in fear of choking on the feathers of a crow, I will refrain.

Is it just me or does it seem that others (from both schools) are avoiding to make any comments or predictions as well? I would have thought that this thread would be bustling by now!

The Silent Show Down........... Clay's new game strategy being devised under the cover of darkness and extreme secrecy. All players back in the line up and eating Wheaties by the case.

Coach Fitch fearlessly prepares to march his league leading Eagles into the Panther Pit and snatch another victory from the snarling teeth of the hungry Panthers. The Talons have been sharpened to perfection and Justin McBee will be preparing his special fried squirrel dinner to provide the much needed energy for this upcoming battle.

Go Eagles!

WWH
Riding the Bench

Post by WWH »

my2cents wrote:I don't think Eastern's SOC I title is in jeopardy even with a loss, unless the self destruct in the last 4 games of the season, but it would be a big moral victory for Clay and a good tune up for the tourney run. Clay is a much improved team since their first match, not so much in talent, as it was there in game 1, but in the style of play that Coach T has gone to.

Why don't you leave it alone dude. I know you're a very unhappy person. Does it make you feel better to bring your crap on here? You're suggesting Trainer listen to you. You're to busy patting yourself on the back to realize, no one listens to you. So you write it on here knowing people will see and read it. I would suggest a long run off a short pier. I'll bet running isn't your bag either. Probably overweight too. Do something for the kids just once, shut up!!!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

ttt

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

Hoggy, I wish you wrote for our local newspaper. I would def. subscribe. You make it interesteing to check out the threads on this site. Squirrel fried dinners are probably a little hard to come by this time of year. Who would be more successful catching a squirrel anyway? ... A panther or a an eagle? I think it would be a close match. Don't you?
Last edited by Waterdog on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Should be a good crowd on hand. This should be a close game and will be fun to watch. Good luck to both teams (with a little extra going to the Panthers).
I looked at my old schedule and it was after the 21 point loss to Eastern that things turned around for Clay. They went on a 5 game winning streak that included Symmes Valley, East, Green, New Boston and Notre Dame. It ended with the loss to Rock Hill. The next two losses were both close and played without the scoring and assist leader due to suspension, and the last loss also was without the starting center, due to sickness. So Eastern will be seeing a different team than they beat at their place.
Last edited by my2cents on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

clay by 8 at home

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Should be close. Eagles have been playing a little down but still winning and everyone else has gotten a little better. Clay went on a little run earlier but have lost 3 in row and will look to rebound in a big way. Eastern only has to win one more to secure a share of the title. People talk how the teams split last year but this isn't last years teams. I'm not saying it can't happen just that you can't go by that. I think Eastern's pressure is too much so I say Eagles by 6.

Return to “Boys Basketball”