Varsity

TORNADOES AND WHITE FALCONS

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Are they still playing tonight?

Jif
Riding the Bench

Re: TORNADOES AND WHITE FALCONS

Post by Jif »

As of 3:50 they are. but I look for Wahama to cancel because their parking lots will not be clear.

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Still on?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Early on, the White Falcons are all over Southern. 11-2 with about 3 minutes left in the first quarter.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

44-41 White Falcons, half way through the 3rd quarter.

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Final?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

White Falcons win

Wahama 80

Southern 68

Wow, talk about wilting down the stretch. Southern had a 57-51 lead and just got absolutely hammered by the White Falcons from that point on. I believe the Lee for Wahama ended with 29, and Arnold for Wahama ended up with 28 points.

It seemed like Lee was everywhere, and just scored at will in the 4th quarter. I know at one point, the guys on the radio said that Wahama went on a 19-4 run, then Southern scored a couple of times, and then Wahama just went nuts and scored a bunch more without a response from the Tornadoes.

Two games in a row where the fourth quarter was disasterous for the Tornadoes. Coach Caldwell needs to circle the wagons and get the wagon train going in the right direction. IMHO.... ;-)

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

It sounds like Southern needs a few defense drills at practice Monday!

bb_fan
Waterboy

Post by bb_fan »

they got beat up and down the floor. and southern is lacking a "true" post player to play defense down low. everytime wahama got the ball inside, southern fouled (at least the refs called it everytime) but not the refs fault, southern got out hustled

bb_fan
Waterboy

Post by bb_fan »

seopsfan, yeah southern needs to practice it's defense. especially getting back in transition defense. they gave away a ton of layups on transition. and I've never seen so many "and one's" in my life i don't think. at least if their gonna foul, make sure they don't make the basket

Wahama gal
Waterboy

Post by Wahama gal »

Congratulations to Wahama on the win tonight. The Falcons always respect Southern because they are a basketball powerhouse from way back. Any time you can beat Southern, you are at the top of your game. I guess Wahama must have really wanted this game and gave it their all tonight.

Our two schools are neighbors and we get along very well with each other. This year we split the two basketball games and so I think everyone from both sides of the river got their moneys worth in coming to the games.

Good luck to the Southern Tornadoes in the rest of the season.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Wahama Gal - Really nice post and welcome to SEOPREPS........... ;-)

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

As much as I hate to admit it, we just got beat overall. "They" just seemed to want to more, probably because of the pasting they got at the "oven".

they seemed to be much more improved from when these 2 played before. That night Southern could seem to not miss and do no wrong, opposite tonight.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Steely Dan wrote:Wahama Gal - Really nice post and welcome to SEOPREPS........... ;-)

Same here.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Fan-o-Southern wrote:As much as I hate to admit it, we just got beat overall. "They" just seemed to want to more, probably because of the pasting they got at the "oven".

they seemed to be much more improved from when these 2 played before. That night Southern could seem to not miss and do no wrong, opposite tonight.

You know, something seems awry here, and hopefully your coach will right the ship. Just seems like the last two games, the wheels seem to start slowing down, or have completely fallen off the bus. Just my observation, I may be way off, but that kind of seems to be the case.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Yeah, kinda like that.

I wonder if they didn't take Wahama for granted, as they really beat them bad the last time they met. I wouldn't think Jeff would allow that.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

That was kind of implied by Hardfowl and his partner, before the game even began. It truly did seem to me that southern was in a mode of "let's see how it goes" instead of being aggressive.

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

I was at the game, and Southern just seemed unmotivated. Wahama was the much more aggressive team, and deserved the victory. I knew Wahama wasn't as bad as they played at Southern. They took the ball to the basket unchallenged several times both on the break and in the half court. I've seen this lack of effort on the defensive end out of Southern a few times this year. Hopefully they will learn that they have the potential to be a pretty good team if they would play some DEFENSE. They seem to only have a couple players that actually play D with their feet and not their hands. Good offensive teams like Wahama take advantage of this. I agree about the "and 1" fouls. Why give a guy a love tap as he is shooting a lay up? Either get in front of them and stop them, or make them earn two at the foul line. Congrats to the White Falcons, just would have liked to seen a better effort out of SHS. Coach Caldwell will have them working on their D I'm sure.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Good offensive teams like Wahama take advantage of this. I agree about the "and 1" fouls. Why give a guy a love tap as he is shooting a lay up?

Wahama sure didn't. Our players were on the floor alot.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Falcon Head wrote:Wahama finally has a coach that can hang with the Caldwell boys. I know with Howies 3 times leading teams to the state in Ohio, and his son, or nephew or watever coacing Sothern we needed a good coach when we entered the TVC. The Little General it just that coach. An improvement over Mr. Tote IMO.

Howie 3 times to the state???

Return to “Boys Basketball”