SEOAL P.O.Y.???

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

SEOAL P.O.Y.???

Post by Orange and Brown »

The season is winding down so who do you think ought to be in the running for P.O.Y.??

Lets try to be nice!! :122245 :122245

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SEOAL P.O.Y.???

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Forrest Johnson is the best player with Michael Turner not far back. Jackson has Dylan Newsome at about 21 ppg.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironman92 wrote:I think Forrest Johnson is the best player with Michael Turner not far back. Jackson has Dylan Newsome at about 21 ppg.

Do you have any stats on Forrest Johnson?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

NO...early on he was sitting out I believe for some reason and didn't score much.

I've seen many games this season and he had the most impressive game with 33 vs Jackson and impossible shot after impossible shot in crunch time to lead his team to victory. I'd guess he goes about 18 ppg..........but a few other very good players to share with.

balltime
Waterboy

Post by balltime »

Tory Horne has to be in the mix,very talented all around player ave-23pts about 85%free throw!

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

Tim Kochendoerfer from ironton, plays well on both ends of the court. Great leader

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

no brainer...tim kockendoerfer(ironton)

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Forrest Johnson is averaging right at 17 PPG for the season.......he did get off to a slow start, with only 15 points total in the first two games.......he has played in every regular season game but had to sit out some scrimmages. Forrest has had games of 33 vs. Jackson and 22 vs. Logan.

Tory Horne has been outstanding for the Trojans with games of 27, 23, 22, and 19 points........but I would say that he won't make POY just on the basis that he has played only 5 games.......that kind of production all season would make him a serious candidate.

Tim Kochendorfer of Ironton has to be mentioned........the best player on the undefeated Fighting Tigers who stand atop the SEOAL standings by themselves.

Dylan Newsome of Jackson is also a candidate.......he torched my Trojans for 34 points in the first meeting between JHS and PHS, and has been scoring consistently for the Ironmen.

Michael Turner of Chillicothe has had to pull double duty for the Cavaliers.......running the point and providing the team's top scoring punch.

These are some of the top contenders for POY, but there's still some games left to be played and time for someone close to these kids to push their way into the conversation.
Last edited by trojandave on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

How about Austin Cunningham, or Venham? I would venture to say Cunningham is averaging close to 20, can anyone confirm?

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

If it is MVP, it is certainly Timmy K. of Ironton. He has been an outstanding leader and has had an outstanding year.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

hardrock21: You're right about Venham or Cunningham......they deserve to be in the conversation......but they are both juniors.......

I think if Ironton goes ahead and wins the SEOAL, especially going undefeated, that the senior Kochendorfer will win the award........and I have no argument about that.......

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

anyone have stats for Kochendorfer?

he has been the man for Ironton no doubt.

I agree with Dave if Torey Horne had played this entire season its hard to say what he could have done.

I like Forrest Johnson also, I would put him up against anyone in the leauge

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Didn't know Venham and Cunningham are juniors.. Wow, Warren will be scary good next year with two of the best area players returning and a JV team that is also very talented.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

and again, Torey Horne puts up big numbers,,,34 agaisnt Chillicothe at Chilly.

he has Scored 20 plus in every game he has played this year, not a better player in the league IMO.

Warrior Mom
Waterboy

Post by Warrior Mom »

Austin Cunningham had 25,and the buzzer shot,and Grant Venham had 20 against Portmouth,with the win.They both are averaging approx 18 ppg, as juniors. They are the "Batman and Robin,here at Warren Local.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I believe Kockendoerfer had 34 tonight for Ironton.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

I'd say the best player in the SEAOL is Tory Horne, but the player of the year I'd give it to Kochendorfer.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Tory Horne is now averaging 25.0 PPG after a 34 point effort in a 66-61 2OT loss at Chillicothe last night.......he is close to the all time record for highest single season scoring average in PHS history........Larry Hisle put up a 25.5 average in 1965.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Kockendoerfer will more then likely be the man, seing how Ironton will win the league, and he is very deserving of it, a great player on a great team.

I would have liked to seen Torey Horne play an entire season, and I blame OHSAA for the most part that he did not get to, they put everything on hold for Christmas break and after new years,and changed their minds about 3 different times on his hearing

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

The top players in the SEOAL are in order Tory Horne,Mike Turner and the kid from Ironton(can't spell his name).

Return to “Boys Basketball”