Oak Hill @ Waverly 2/5e

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Oak Hill @ Waverly 2/5e

Post by Tigers24 »

Well, the Tigers need a win and some help to get a share of the SOC II crown. They are getting good play from players like Sam Johnston, Rheadon Remy, Devin Kelly and Derek Roback as of late so this should be another classic. Should be a nice atmosphere at the downtown arena in Tiger Town as it is senior night and the athletic boosters will also be recognizing the 1980 Tiger squad.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Re: Oak Hill @ Waverly 2/5e

Post by Bucknut27 »

This should be a great game I give Waverly a slight edge being at home.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Oak Hill beat the Tigers at home by 2. I'll take Waverly at home by 2 this time :) They should be pumped considering it's gonna be senior night. Should be a dandy! Good luck to both teams!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Waverly in an extremely close one... I hope so anyway.

MoonTang
Waterboy

Post by MoonTang »

Waverly wins 64-39 over West tonight. Looked like Kretzer & Martin gave it up in the first half allowing other teammates to score and gain confidence. Was that in the strategy or game plan? If so, it was genius; the Kids came-off the court smiling and feeling good about themselves. We know Martin and Kretzer typically get there's. Any unofficial stats on the game? I do know Remy knocked down 4 three-pointers; and, Johnston & Kelly fire-it-up. Nice to see ALL the Tigers on the court. Please post any stats. Thanks!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Johnston lead the Tigers with 14 (all in the first half). Rheadon Remy drained 4 threes to finish with 12. Martin scored 10 in the 3rd and one in the 4th to finish with 11. Malone chipped in 9, Roback 6, Kelly 6, Kretzer 3 (all in the 3rd period) and Hensley 2.

Waverly lead by 17 at the break (29-12) without Martin or Kretzer scoring.
In addition to Remy's 4 trifectas, Johnsont hit 2 and Malone 1.

Adkins lead West with 11, Austin added 9, Ratliff 7, Pendleton 4, Groves 4, Arthur 2, Travis 2.

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

Good win for the Tigers tonight, good to see other guys getting to score! The big one is friday i will take da Tigers by 4 in this one.. Should be a good atmosphere at the palace!! Hope a lot of fans come support da Tigers. Waverly needs to control the boards in this one and not fall into Norms tactics...

DA Tigers!!

fballfan08
Waterboy

Post by fballfan08 »

Ill take waverly in a barn burner. Of course oak hill will be ready as always. But waverly has the athletics and they are taller and stronger than most other SOC teams that oak hill seems to be having their way with. If waverly comes out from start to finish they can take this game.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Oaks by 10
They are playing alot better ball now

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I hate to say it but I have to take the Oaks in this one by.........10. I hope you prove me wrong Waverly. :122247

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Oaks in a close one...expecting a barn burner Friday night!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If Waverly can get point production from the "others" like they did last night and Martin & Kretzer still get theirs, the Tigers have a great shot at beating the Oaks.

It will no doubt be tournament atmosphere at the downtown arena, Hawhees Palace.

Senior Night, honoring the 1980 team, Waverly vs Oak Hill - it doesn't get any better than this.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The weather forecast doesn't look good for Friday.

http://chillicothegazette.weather.ganne ... y&State=OH

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

Pretty easy win for the Tigers against a rebiulding West team. However it may not be that easy in the coming years. The OH Tigers game will probably be one for Books, would like to see it but I have to support my Senators. Good luck to both Teams.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Hopefully the refs will have enough experience that Norm won't be able to call the game from the bench. Why is it that the older experienced coaches get away with so much? Are they so smart to know the limits or do the officials get intimidated? The last game one of the OH players literally shoved Kretzer, like a chest pass, out of bounds right in front of an official. He called the foul, but it should have been a flagrant or intentional.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Waverly plays the best game of the season and beats the Oaks. I think it will be a great game but the Tigers defend their home court!

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exciting One »

soccerfix wrote:Hopefully the refs will have enough experience that Norm won't be able to call the game from the bench. Why is it that the older experienced coaches get away with so much? Are they so smart to know the limits or do the officials get intimidated? The last game one of the OH players literally shoved Kretzer, like a chest pass, out of bounds right in front of an official. He called the foul, but it should have been a flagrant or intentional.

Here comes the ref card already! :lol:
At least wait and see if the Tiger's win or lose before you blame the refs! 8)

Although if the Oak's win, I'm sure it will be because Waverly was homered at home....Go figure. Norm is more powerful than Obama or the Pope! :aaaaa5
Last edited by The Exciting One on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

i'll play the ref card now, why, because its going to be important to each team getting a w. Oak hill wants the game to be very physical inside with the wide bodies they throw at you,dont know how many boys they have that are 6'2-6'4 and with some heft to them,very physical, they looked like a good offensive line. Waverly on the other hand will want the game to be called close so their athletic ability is not offset. First meeting went Oak Hills way and it was still a very good ballgame so I'm hoping the refs take charge early.
Waverly 49-OH 41

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

LETS GO OAKS

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

You can't tell me that the refs aren't intimidated by Norm! He is the best at what he does and I like him as a coach.! Playing the refs is part of his game its so obvious. Norm doesn't even have to yell he just gives them the look...lol.. Hope it is a consistently called game from start to finish ! Tigers gotta hit them free throws to win this one.!

Return to “Boys Basketball”