Tri-Valley Conference: Tournament Favorites & Sleepers

Which team will surprise everyone during sectionals?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Tri-Valley Conference: Tournament Favorites & Sleepers

Post by 93Bulldog »

Instead of writting each Division out ... here is the link to the TVC-tournamet schedules with records .... Favorites ... Sleepers ... Darkhorses.

LOGAN - JACKSON - ATHENS SECTIONALS:

http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

Feel free to discuss, contradict, analyze - whatever ... on the topic.

OR ... Predict who will come out of each sectional ... I am curious who and or what teams people think are being overlooked at this point as we near tip-off for local tournaments.

belpreballer44
Waterboy

Re: Tri-Valley Conference: Tournament Favorites & Sleepers

Post by belpreballer44 »

i feel Belpre will have a good sectional game....even if they only play at the Convo and dont make it to state they will play well....

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

According to the website Alexander is playing Federal Hocking and Vinton County on the same day 2/13/10. Wow the snow really does make teams play back to back :lol: :lol: :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

lol ... its been fixed athens78 .... Fed Hock plays Alexander on 2/13 .... Vinton County plays Alex on 2/16.

http://trivalleyconference.com/

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Belpre and Fed Hock in Jackson sectional?

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Ironman92 wrote:Belpre and Fed Hock in Jackson sectional?

They are in Athens Sectional.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I know...but the poll is wrong.

I don't think a sleeper can be a #2 or #3 seed and FH or Belpre might be.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

The only teams in the TVC that I see going anywhere would be Athens and Eastern only because D2 and D4 have fallen off the face of the earth in SEohio...as soon as those teams play anyone good, they'll go down. I can see Fed Hock,Alexander,and Belpre going to Districts on account that the Athens Sectional is the worst it's ever been. The TVC Top to bottom is one of the worst conferences in the state anymore...and I grew up in TVC country and support it...but what the hell happened to it?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ironman92 wrote:I know...but the poll is wrong.

I don't think a sleeper can be a #2 or #3 seed and FH or Belpre might be.

The topic name is tournament favorites and sleepers

The poll ask which team do you think will surprise everyone.

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

The only teams in the TVC that I see going anywhere would be Athens and Eastern only because D2 and D4 have fallen off the face of the earth in SEohio.

What planet have you been living on? In SE Ohio, D2 is probably the toughest division to be a part of.

Chillicothe
Logan Elm
McClain
Waverly
Hillsboro
Washington CH
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
....just to name a few.

Have these teams "fallen off the face of the earth?" They are good every year.

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

CoyDuke wrote:
The only teams in the TVC that I see going anywhere would be Athens and Eastern only because D2 and D4 have fallen off the face of the earth in SEohio.

What planet have you been living on? In SE Ohio, D2 is probably the toughest division to be a part of.

Chillicothe
Logan Elm
McClain
Waverly
Hillsboro
Washington CH
Athens
Warren
Vinton County
....just to name a few.

Have these teams "fallen off the face of the earth?" They are good every year.

Athens is "good every year." In what?

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

The Gloaming wrote:The only teams in the TVC that I see going anywhere would be Athens and Eastern only because D2 and D4 have fallen off the face of the earth in SEohio...as soon as those teams play anyone good, they'll go down. I can see Fed Hock,Alexander,and Belpre going to Districts on account that the Athens Sectional is the worst it's ever been. The TVC Top to bottom is one of the worst conferences in the state anymore...and I grew up in TVC country and support it...but what the hell happened to it?

I've not witnessed any dramatic drop off over the past 25 years. The TVC has never been one of the premier conferences in the state, nor are they a doormat. Talent runs in cycles at these smaller schools and the TVC usually has a team or 2 that can compete with anyone. This is especially true with the smaller programs. The larger D2 and D3 teams have the misfortune of competing against the many parochial or inner city teams that have the luxury of reloading each year.

I believe both Eastern and Southern are capable of making noise in the tournament this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Yea, I don't think the poll is relevant to the topic:

It just says what teams will surprise the most in the tournament.

BTW ... THE WEB SITE HAD ALREADY BEEN UPDATED AFTER FRIDAY'S GAMES ... (I STILL NEED WATERFORD/FED HOCK) but besides those two, everythihng else is correct.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

After Warrens victory over Chilly last night I'd say they will get the 2 see moving Athens to at least the 3 seed and maybe falling to a 4 seed. I don't think we will get out of the sectional. We've played mostly all DIII and DIV teams and lets face it Alex, Nelsonville, Vinton, Morgan and most of the teams we've played are really down. If you look most of those games have come down to us winning under 5 points. If Eastern hits anything in the third quarter then they beat us. Now we are a very good basketball team and have some very good talent but I don't look for us to make a surprise run. If we win the sectional then that would be a surprise. Eastern however is another story. They have played almost all DII and DIII teams and have lost one game which of course was against us. Since they are in DIV S.E. I'd look for them to make a run into the regional tournament.

javon white
Freshman Team

Post by javon white »

Athens clearly deserves a #2 seed at the worst. They are an excellent ballclub.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Athens doesn't clearly deserve the 2 seed, its very much up in the air between them and Warren. Ultimately I think Athens will get 2 seed, but that means Warren is 3. I'm not sure how close a Warren-Athens matchup will be considering the scedhule Warren has played.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How did Athens-Nels-York do Saturday evening?

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Got a chance to see two of the higher seeds(Alex vs. Fed hock) in the DIII Athens Sectional do battle tonight...ugh...
Whoever said there hasnt been a dramatic drop off...go watch a game... both teams probably shot 25+ 3balls...poor defense and yet the score was in the 20's midway through the 3rd......For a team to be successful against the Lancers, double Thompson and make someone else score. From what I saw they run no offense. A pick and roll for a 3ball isn't an offense....They'll be an easy out if the head of the helm doesn't install an offense...which at this point probably won't happen.
Wasn't impressed with Alexander either, they're guard play is very average and they shoot way too many 3's...another recipe for an early exit...

I wish the TVC the best of luck...but once these DIII teams get out of the Athens sectional and play a school down on the river...or any school with a defender or two....it'll get ugly....

In DII....If Athens were as good as advertised...they should have beat Alexander in both meetings by 30+,they didn't.... The State Ranked Bulldogs will likely get stunned very early.

DIV...Didn't Eastern/Southern both go to OT with Fed Hock?.....enough said...

Sleepers: Athens/Eastern..and plenty of one and done teams

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Seeing Chillicothe won state two years ago and Logan Elm went to the Final Four last year, I don't see how you can say D2 is down.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

D-2 DOWN? WHAT?

THE LOGAN SECTIONAL IS STACKED! ATHENS, LOGAN ELM, WARREN , VINTON COUNTY, SHERIDAN, FAIRFIELD UNION ... ALL SOLID BASKETBALL TEAMS WITH QUALITY WINS THIS YEAR.

BTW ... trivalleyconference.com .... has been updated (usually is once a day at least) but after rescheduled events, tournament draw, etc..etc... I have been trying to update it two and osmetimes three times a day ... you just have to keep checking to see what has been added ... records, standings, tournament info is mostly on there as of SUNDAY 2-14-10 at 3:00 p.m.

Return to “Boys Basketball”