SOC I vs. SOC II

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

SOC I vs. SOC II

Post by soc2fan »

Put your picks for your starting five an put five players on the bench for both the soc1 an soc2 for an all star game type thing out of all the grades not just seniors. thought this could be interesting. consider the positions

this might be hard to put both soc 1 an 2 because people are not familiar with both. i am more familiar with soc2

SOC 2
Ondera-Oak Hill
Martin-Waverly
Yates-Valley
Stegman-Wheelersburg
Leslie-Northwest

Bench
Loop-Webster
Bendolph-Burg
Slone-Oak Hill
Utley-Valley
Kretzer-Waverly
Last edited by soc2fan on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

val13
Freshman Team

Re: SOC I vs. SOC II

Post by val13 »

SOC 2 Starters
1.Kyle Ondera (Oak Hill)
2.Blake Yates (Valley)
3.Jake Kretzer (Waverly)
4.Harrison Martin (Waverly)
5.Hank Leslie (Northwest)

Bench
1.Andrew Bendolph (Wheelersburg)
2.Zach Utley (Valley)
3.Jesse Slone (Oak Hill)
4.the Scott kid (South Webster)
5.Andy Stegman (Wheelersburg)

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

SOC2
W Loop - SW
Ondera - OH
Kretzer - Waverly
Stegeman - Burg
J Slone - OH

Bench -
C Scott - SW
Roeback Waverly
Yates - Valley
Utley - Valley

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Swanker Pine wrote:SOC2
W Loop - SW
Ondera - OH
Kretzer - Waverly
Stegeman - Burg
J Slone - OH

Bench -
C Scott - SW
Roeback Waverly
Yates - Valley
Utley - Valley

Hey Swanker, I thought you met Mr. Martin Friday night. 19 points and sat out the entire 2nd qtr. You must ber looking at Stegman stats from last year. You also forgot Hank Leslie.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

I don't see Norm letting any players play in this game

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

[quote="jacksonoaks"]I don't see Norm letting any players play in this game[/quotedon't ht

I don't think he could get it scheduled in.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Make your own list, Roeback and Kretzer are the better players from what i saw. I would take Stegman over Hank Leslie ANY DAY of the week. No Oaks will be in this game anyway so whats it matter

bash
Riding the Bench

Post by bash »

hey swanker.....no leslie....ur a joke,he is the best player in the league.....but what i read on here all the time your always on everything about webster.thats good that you support your own but get real on your so called OPINIONS.

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

leslie is a very good player suprised to see him not no your list but your starting five looks pretty good to me. with yates and utley on the bench your set. i might take one of those two over slone but thats just me

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

bash wrote:hey swanker.....no leslie....ur a joke,he is the best player in the league.....but what i read on here all the time your always on everything about webster.thats good that you support your own but get real on your so called OPINIONS.

Hey Bash, cry me a river son. Leslie will make it on the SOC2 team, no doubt, this is just my list, don't like it? I don't care if you do or not. Best player in the league? Kyle Ondera takes that cake.

And yes I am. its my school, they are my friends, I've only watched the other SOC2 schools as many times as Webster plays them. Its only natural for me to comment on the Jeeps more than any body else right :?: Ive got 3 big guys on my team, how many do I need?

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

soccerfix wrote:
jacksonoaks wrote:I don't see Norm letting any players play in this game[/quotedon't ht

I don't think he could get it scheduled in.

Hey call it what you want, but He isnt the National Coach of the Year for nothing, I call it very smart thinking.
Why would you risk a number one seed.

ANd by far best player in the SOC would Be Kyle Ondera

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

bash wrote:hey swanker.....no leslie....ur a joke,he is the best player in the league.....but what i read on here all the time your always on everything about webster.thats good that you support your own but get real on your so called OPINIONS.

Hank Leslie is probably the 7th or 8th best player in the league IMO. Maybe 9th or 10th

Ondero
Martin
Kretzer
Slone
Scott
Bendolph
Roback
Johnston
Yates
Utley
Leslie???
Stegman

bash
Riding the Bench

Post by bash »

i agree with the best players but just saying stegman hands down better than leslie and now the comment on he is the seventh or eighth best....yeah right.(IMO).leslie makes northwest.the other players are great players and i wasn't taking anything away from them.IMO waverly has 3 players as good as you can get,valley has 2 awesome players with players around them,oak hill is well oak hill and yes ondera is awesome,wheelersburg has stegman but his game without the surroudings has dropped(but still a great player),northwest in the past 4 years hasn't had but leslie and 4 others what i've seen and he does a great job for what the defenses does to him.I was just saying to swanker that all he usually BRAGGS on is s.webster.I know he's from there and thats great to support but to say leslie isn't better than stegman?Oh yeah and for s.webster i do feel they have a great team and w.loop and scott are on the list i'd even almost throw in a.loop.i'm not knocking those players mentioned but just someones opinion that i thought was wrong.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

bash wrote:i agree with the best players but just saying stegman hands down better than leslie and now the comment on he is the seventh or eighth best....yeah right.(IMO).leslie makes northwest.the other players are great players and i wasn't taking anything away from them.IMO waverly has 3 players as good as you can get,valley has 2 awesome players with players around them,oak hill is well oak hill and yes ondera is awesome,wheelersburg has stegman but his game without the surroudings has dropped(but still a great player),northwest in the past 4 years hasn't had but leslie and 4 others what i've seen and he does a great job for what the defenses does to him.I was just saying to swanker that all he usually BRAGGS on is s.webster.I know he's from there and thats great to support but to say leslie isn't better than stegman?Oh yeah and for s.webster i do feel they have a great team and w.loop and scott are on the list i'd even almost throw in a.loop.i'm not knocking those players mentioned but just someones opinion that i thought was wrong.

Stegmans game has dropped, but he's still putting up big numbers. Leslie has quality players around him, but if Stegman had a BURG team, no disrespect, he takes Leslie any day in my book. Lets face it, SOC2 is stacked with great players and you can't fit all of them on a 10 seat bench.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Tigers24 wrote:

Hank Leslie is probably the 7th or 8th best player in the league IMO. Maybe 9th or 10th

.............. I don't even know what to say to something like that!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Trust me Tiger24, if you have seen Hank played as many times as I have, you would put him in the top 5. He had a terrible game against Waverly up here but he could be a loose cannon Friday night. The kid can play.

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

1st Team

Ondera (OH)
Yates (Valley)
Kretzer (WA)
Martin (WA)
Leslie (NW)

2nd Team

Loop (SW)
Bendolph (WB)
Scott (SW)
Utley (V)
Stegman (WB)
Slone (OH)

In no particular order.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

SOC II

1st Team;

F:Leslie-NW
F:Martin-Waverly
F:Stegman-WB
G:Kretzer-Waverly
G:Ondera-OH

2nd team;

Scott-SW
W. Loop-SW
Utely-Valley
Blake Yates-Valley
Johnston-Waverly

Pressbreaker
Waterboy

Post by Pressbreaker »

So nobody other than Swanker would put any of Webster's guys in the top 5-7 in the SOC? I think it says a lot about Webster's program to have a great chance of finishing 2nd in the league despite not having anyone even considered here. Webster's players deserve a lot of credit for buying in to Coach Ater's system and overachieving. I know this Webster fan would have taken a .500 year before the season started.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lord that would be an atrocious game.

90-50 or 55-24 if Norm is coaching.

Ondera is not only the best player in the SOC...he may be the best player in the entire SE district. He's going to be 1st team allstate this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”