Chesapeake vs. Fairland

bucking red
Varsity

Chesapeake vs. Fairland

Post by bucking red »

The panthers come to the dragon lair Fri. Should be a good game.

ovc fan
Varsity

Re: Chesapeake vs. Fairland

Post by ovc fan »

There was a post made a couple days ago about this game. There was 1 comment. I dont think anybody really cares. Sad for what used to be such a heated rivalry.

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

ovc fan,
How bad will Fairland beat Chessy in this one?

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I dont see that happening buckeye. lol. Peake will win by 12 at least maybe more. Depends on how early the benches clear at the end. Just my opinion.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

The first meeting at the 'Peake, the Drag-ins started fast, but by the 4th quarter, the Panthers wore them down and won by around 15 I think. These boys want the OVC...I'm not sure about winning by 15, but the 'Peake will come home with a season sweep.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Calm down Panther Dad. Lol. We're all itching to play arent we? I see this as a game that could be a blowout actually. If Panthers start the game the way they ended with a 6'4 guy on Fisher who can actually keep up with him....he was shut down in the second half of the first game. I think it will be a struggle for any dragon to see double digits and Copley, McMaster, Kennedy, and Saunders will all have double digits. Thats just a prediction. I'm sure something will sneak by me and somebody from Fairland will score 20. lol

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

ovc fan wrote: I think it will be a struggle for any dragon to see double digits and Copley, McMaster, Kennedy, and Saunders will all have double digits. Thats just a prediction.

I'm willing to bet this won't be the case!!! I won't bet on Fairland winning but 4 Peake's in double figures and no Dragons won't happen!

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

d2dragon wrote:
ovc fan wrote: I think it will be a struggle for any dragon to see double digits and Copley, McMaster, Kennedy, and Saunders will all have double digits. Thats just a prediction.

I'm willing to bet this won't be the case!!! I won't bet on Fairland winning but 4 Peake's in double figures and no Dragons won't happen!

I could see this happening easily. Copley and Mcmaster will get double digits from run-outs alone. Fairland will have NO, and I mean NO answer for Kennedy and Saunders inside. They could miss 2-3layups at a time just to pat their Offensive rebounds. :lol: But idk if they both can grab double digits, seeing one or the other will probably have 20, while the other has 6-8.
As for no dragons getting in double digits: This will be the harder task of the two, but with Fisher on shutdown with a much longer player, and once again the big boys holding down the middle, and rebounds. It'll be tough for a dragon to see double digits. If any do, my bet would be on Bloomfield with run-outs.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Panthers win 67-55!!

McMaster had a big game leading all scorers with 20+, including a breakaway dunk, and Lindsey came off the bench and contributed some key points. To Fairland's credit they came out ready to go and out played Chesy until mid way of the second quarter. Had a lead of 31-19 at one point. Bloomfield was the quickest and most aggressive player on the court tonight, played much better I thought than the first game, and Fischer had a good shooting night of course.

Kennedy for the 'Peake got in foul trouble and really wasn't that big of a factor in the game. But Lindsey stepped up in his place and got some hustle points on the boards.

At the end, Copley and McMaster were just a too much for the boys in green. Good job, Panthers!! Keep on the prowl for that OVC championship!!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Congrats to the panther on a hard fought win. IMO if the refs don't blow the timeout call after the dragons cut the lead to 3 the dragons win the game but we will never know. Lindsey was the difference tonight with 10pts. On a side note I love watching Boomer jump he looks like he just hangs in the air. He was also battling a bad clod tonight. IMO he can take the ball to the hole when ever he wants.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Agreed on Bloomfield. He can really get off the floor and ate us alive on his drives to the basket. Missed a couple of bunnies at one point that helped us climb back in though. The timeout was a key moment, but still think Purple would've reigned ultimately. But ya never know.

Went to school with Bloomfield's dad..amazing how much he looks like his dad did 25 years ago. But he's quicker than Sly was!!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Keep in mind that hintz is playing on a sprained ankle which I was told today is pretty bad. He had a pretty bulky brace on there. Not taking anything away from Bloomfield though. He had a great game and is quick as a cat. I dont think the refs cost anybody the game. If anything they were very inconsistent. Lots of shoving and holding going on that didnt get called and then when Kennedy "looked" like he was fouling somebody the whistle blew quick...same for Salyers. Hated to see him taken out of his game with fouls. The timeout call...how could that have won the game. It would be 2 points. The game was decided by 12. They would have gotten the timeout after the two points...and the game would be decided by 10. Just my opinion.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

OVC, you're right. Forgot about Hintz's brace. He was on crutches for the St. Joe game but played against South Point. Sure it isn't 100% yet though.

And I agree the refs didn't ultimately impact the game, except to take Kennedy out of it...thought a couple of the calls against him were terrible and he got hammered a few times in the first half that were no calls. But, if not for Kennedy's foul trouble, Lindsey wouldn't have gotten as much of a chance to shine.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

And shine he did. Bet that was a career high in points for him tonight. And they were very crucial during the comeback run. He plays very tough defense and crashes the boards very hard! Tough nosed kid.

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

#1_fan wrote:
d2dragon wrote:

I could see this happening easily. Copley and Mcmaster will get double digits from run-outs alone. Fairland will have NO, and I mean NO answer for Kennedy and Saunders inside. They could miss 2-3layups at a time just to pat their Offensive rebounds. :lol: But idk if they both can grab double digits, seeing one or the other will probably have 20, while the other has 6-8.
As for no dragons getting in double digits: This will be the harder task of the two, but with Fisher on shutdown with a much longer player, and once again the big boys holding down the middle, and rebounds. It'll be tough for a dragon to see double digits. If any do, my bet would be on Bloomfield with run-outs.

I just couldn't let this die since neither admitted the stupid predictions
CHESAPEAKE 12 23 14 18 -- 67: Pe. Hintz 8, Copley 14, McMaster 23, Saunders 6, Kennedy 6, Lindsey 10

FAIRLAND 24 9 9 13 -- 55: Baise 10, Bloomfield 13, Fisher 17, Holbrook 7, Salyers 4, Campbell 4
3 panthers in DD without predicting Lindsey, and 3 dragons in DD!!

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

Now for the recap. I agree Linsey was HUGE tonight. Fairland missed to many easy buckets and were out hussled late. The bright side for Fairland we played a very well coached team with good athletes and showed we can play with them. I think we can still make a run in the tourney. At very least make it to the Convo! Go Dragons!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

D2, dont you actually start the tourney at the convo? Sectionals?

#1_fan
Freshman Team

Post by #1_fan »

I just couldn't let this die since neither admitted the stupid predictions
CHESAPEAKE 12 23 14 18 -- 67: Pe. Hintz 8, Copley 14, McMaster 23, Saunders 6, Kennedy 6, Lindsey 10

FAIRLAND 24 9 9 13 -- 55: Baise 10, Bloomfield 13, Fisher 17, Holbrook 7, Salyers 4, Campbell 4
3 panthers in DD without predicting Lindsey, and 3 dragons in DD!![/quote]

I don't find that as a stupid prediction at all. At any given night that very well could've happened. Just didn't last night. Not a stupid prediction, just a wrong one.

earp
S

Post by earp »

OVC fan,Fairlands' sectional games will be played at Athens High School!

Return to “Boys Basketball”