SEOP

Peebles @ Green 2/15

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Thoughts?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Peebles @ Green 2/15

Post by Ironman92 »

I can't believe Green is playing a D3 school.

If Peebles "gets off the bus"....they'll win by 25......if they don't they'll win by 12ish

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ironman92 wrote:I can't believe Green is playing a D3 school.

If Peebles "gets off the bus"....they'll win by 25......if they don't they'll win by 12ish

A pretty good D-3 school at that. I dont know much about Green this season. Peebles beat them by like 44 at home last year but I have heard they have improved. Are they big, gaurd oriented, have a history of homer officiating, etc.?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Just a very tiny school in Scioto Co....they have a pretty good record but their schedule is mostly against very small D4 teams.

Many believe they will get the #2 seed @ Valley as the SOC coaches will out vote the likes of Whiteoak/Manchester/Fairfield going for the #2 seed.

So save your game tape!....your fellow SHL friends will need it.

I know they lost to Clay a couple of days ago by double digits. This is a game Peebles needs to own from the get go...not like Lynchburg or Fayetteville.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Green is a small D-4 school and should not be playing Peebles.
Peebles will win this one by as many as they want.
Good Luck to the Bobcats.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think they should be playing a couple games like Peebles. If they can battle and keep it respectable or even better it will better prepare them for the tournament.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

peebles by 27

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

snowout probable

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

even with their homer refs green should be no contest for peebles unless both seaman and justice get into major foul trouble. it could happen.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Question:

Peebles has 3 games left to play. Two of those games are league games. If it is snowed out will they bother to reschedule it during tournament time?

This game should have never been delayed...the roads were clear on the Saturday it was originally scheduled on, but Green cancelled.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

I want to know where Green's homer ref's have been
I haven't seen any

hardwoodhero
Waterboy

Post by hardwoodhero »

J- this is really going to get sticky! We are getting so close to tourny time, and with three games remaining, what will happen if the snow coming tomorrow, AND the next round of snow coming Friday and Saturday knocks out all three games? It could get interesting- because having all three games cancelled this week will only lengthen the time until Peebles plays again, and we definitely don't want that after watching them play for the first time in a week against LC and Eastern!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I'm pretty sure they reschedule the league games during tournament (pfloyd said as much in a post, I remember). But I can't imagine that a game like this would need to be replayed. If they do try to work it in, and if Green is eliminated in the first round, is it possible that Green's last game could be played after they're eliminated from the tournament?

I'm just curious how this would work.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

jchitwood wrote:I'm pretty sure they reschedule the league games during tournament (pfloyd said as much in a post, I remember). But I can't imagine that a game like this would need to be replayed. If they do try to work it in, and if Green is eliminated in the first round, is it possible that Green's last game could be played after they're eliminated from the tournament?

I know the NA Lady Devils has a game with Northwest that was postponed, but due to Northwest having so many games to make up and the fact their tournament game is scheduled for Wednesday night and NA's is set for Saturday. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY the game will be made up. Since it is not a league game and it doesn't have to be made up, the risk of getting someone injured in a meaningless game is too high to risk, especially when the Lady Devils have a chance for a deep tournament run.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

slamdunk wrote:
jchitwood wrote:I'm pretty sure they reschedule the league games during tournament (pfloyd said as much in a post, I remember). But I can't imagine that a game like this would need to be replayed. If they do try to work it in, and if Green is eliminated in the first round, is it possible that Green's last game could be played after they're eliminated from the tournament?

I know the NA Lady Devils has a game with Northwest that was postponed, but due to Northwest having so many games to make up and the fact their tournament game is scheduled for Wednesday night and NA's is set for Saturday. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY the game will be made up. Since it is not a league game and it doesn't have to be made up, the risk of getting someone injured in a meaningless game is too high to risk, especially when the Lady Devils have a chance for a deep tournament run.

That's what I would have thought, yeah. Congrats on the league championship, btw.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I do agree with you hardwoodhero but I also think that night in and night out Peebles , or any other undefeated team for that matter, is going to get anyone they play's A game and we've seen that. Teams have their best games of the season against Peebles.
You are right jchitwood, the game with green should have been played. Green should have been embarressed to cancel when a team was willing to get on the bus to come an hour and a half to play!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

jchitwood wrote:
slamdunk wrote:

That's what I would have thought, yeah. Congrats on the league championship, btw.

Thanks, j! It is definitely exciting to be apart of a great season like this. 24 years is a long time to wait for a league title! We would have loved to get the title outright, but since we haven't won it in so long, sharing it is just as nice!!

CatsBacker
Waterboy

Post by CatsBacker »

I know the coaches have been looking forward to playing this game and if in fact this game was cancelled by them , it was for concern over the kids , not to try and dodge Peebles . This game has been viewed as a means to gauge where exactly the team is , especially after having gone such a long time between games due to weather . I hear that peebles has a good team as is obvious by their record . However , they would need to win the state title to live up to such pompous attitudes as those stated here . I would question why such an obviously overpowering team would even schedule a game against a team half their size and , according to you , one that will quickly succumb to your superiority . I would suggest that Green and Peebles schedule a game in football ... Oh wait , peebles doesn't play football . Oh well , more time for b-ball practice .

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

CatsBacker wrote:I know the coaches have been looking forward to playing this game and if in fact this game was cancelled by them , it was for concern over the kids , not to try and dodge Peebles . This game has been viewed as a means to gauge where exactly the team is , especially after having gone such a long time between games due to weather . I hear that peebles has a good team as is obvious by their record . However , they would need to win the state title to live up to such pompous attitudes as those stated here . I would question why such an obviously overpowering team would even schedule a game against a team half their size and , according to you , one that will quickly succumb to your superiority . I would suggest that Green and Peebles schedule a game in football ... Oh wait , peebles doesn't play football . Oh well , more time for b-ball practice .

I just re-read every post on the thread, and haven't come across anything I think is particularly pompous, until you tried to belittle us by pointing out that Peebles is the only school in SE Ohio with fewer wins than Green in football.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

jchitwood wrote:
CatsBacker wrote:I know the coaches have been looking forward to playing this game and if in fact this game was cancelled by them , it was for concern over the kids , not to try and dodge Peebles . This game has been viewed as a means to gauge where exactly the team is , especially after having gone such a long time between games due to weather . I hear that peebles has a good team as is obvious by their record . However , they would need to win the state title to live up to such pompous attitudes as those stated here . I would question why such an obviously overpowering team would even schedule a game against a team half their size and , according to you , one that will quickly succumb to your superiority . I would suggest that Green and Peebles schedule a game in football ... Oh wait , peebles doesn't play football . Oh well , more time for b-ball practice .

I just re-read every post on the thread, and haven't come across anything I think is particularly pompous, until you tried to belittle us by pointing out that Peebles is the only school in SE Ohio with fewer wins than Green in football.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good One Mr. chitwood!!! Nice comeback! :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't believe I am defending Peebles :lol: but they have been just stating how good a team they are which is true.

Mr. chitwood, the defense of Peebles on this topic has to be worth some brownie points for me. Doesn't it? :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”