Northwest @ Eastern / Feb 16

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Northwest @ Eastern / Feb 16

Post by soc2fan »

what do you guys think about this non conference game? i think northwest wins this one in a battle

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: Northwest @ Eastern / Feb 16

Post by Eaglesnest »

Pulling for the 2010 SOC 1 Champion Eastern Eagles!

Leslie for Northwest is a phenomenal player. I believe he will be too athletic and strong inside for the Eagles. I am sure Coach Fitch will cook up something to slow Leslie down. The game may come down to how well the Northwest guards shoot the ball from the perimeter.

Eagles make a statement and take this one at home by 3 pts.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

This is a perfect game for the Eagles to help prepare them for the tourney. Northwest has a good ball team and will be much stronger than the normal SOC I teams that Eastern has faced this year. Regardless of the outcome, this is a win win situation for the Eagles.

The Eagles can't come into this one hungover from their recent claimed championship crown and they must play a solid four quarters of basketball if they expect to come out with a victory.

I agree that Leslie will be a hand full and then some for the Eagle defenders, but like they always say, one man can't beat you. Would a box and one work against him?

Good Luck Eagles!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

ttt

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Hoggy wrote:
I agree that Leslie will be a hand full and then some for the Eagle defenders, but like they always say, one man can't beat you. Would a box and one work against him?

Well it's a good thing he has 4 others out there with him

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

all-time athlete wrote:
Hoggy wrote:

Well it's a good thing he has 4 others out there with him

Good comment, could you provide some additional information about the other four please. Do the guards shoot many three pointers, is there any other player averaging in double digits, etc.

I wasn't knocking the other four, but if you are saying Leslie isn't what makes this team go, please provide a team break down on it's offensive strengths.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

well they have a team full of shooters, #23 can shoot the lights out from behind the arc his high this season was 7 3's in 1 game and I believe he is averaging about about 15 or 16 points a game, the point guard #34 plays smart and can knock down the open jumpers that are given to him and he wont turn the ball over, #12 is a defensive player who lives for stopping his opponent, smart kid kid also knows the game very well, he can also hit his open 3's and jump shots, and #32 is a role player who is very scrappy and gets plenty of open looks when teams double on leslie...him and the other 2 starters probably all average about 8-15 points a game....Overall they can all shoot, they hit most of their free-throws and they can play very well as a team because of the number of years they have played together.
And coming off the bench they have #14 who can also stroke it and can take over the PG position. Overall they are team who is much better then the record, but they have folded in the 4'th too many times this year.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Thank you for the information.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

You have to pack it in and play good help D and try to force them to beat you from outside. Leslie will still get some but you have to try to make the rest of their team beat you. Odds are better making them shoot 15-20 footers instead of 2 footers under the basket. Interesting matchup. I'll take my "adopted" team this season and say they win their 15 game tuesday.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Now that the tourney draw is complete, let's get back to the next regular season game at hand for the Eagles.

Since it is being played at the eagle's Nest, I am going to give me nod to the SOC I Champions. The Eagles have found a way to win this year and will be ready for action against the Mohawks.

Eagles - 64
Northwest - 58

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Will this one be played, or will the snow win tonight?

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

Cancelled for tonight due to weather. No make up date set yet.

Return to “Boys Basketball”