freshman tournament

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

freshman tournament

Post by yellowjacket »

meigs is holding a frehman tournament. anybody know who all is in it. i heard there was 16 teams total and who is the favorite.i know it starts monday.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Re: freshman tournament

Post by yellowjacket »

i have heard meigs,south gallia,vinton county,nelsonville,and southern.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

yellowjacket wrote:i have heard meigs,south gallia,vinton county,nelsonville,and southern.

Are any teams from the SHL/SOC/SVC/SEOAL involved?

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

dont know these are the only teams i heard but i was talking to ref who is supposed to help and he said there was 16 teams but didnt know who.i was hoping someone here would know if their team was in it.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

That's a neat idea...I'd love to see Peebles get involved.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jchitwood wrote:That's a neat idea...I'd love to see Peebles get involved.

Agreed, I would also like to see a JV tourny.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

It is usually TVC teams playing. The TVC has been having a boys freshman tourney for years. Rotates through schools alphabetically year-by-year.

GO VIKES

colts01
Waterboy

Post by colts01 »

Federal Hocking is in on this i believe.

I have never understood why they have Freshmen and Varsity tournaments and nothing for JV. Tournaments give the kids something fun to look forward to and work towards, it doesn't have to be for a "title" like the varsity ones are.

Fan_0
Waterboy

Post by Fan_0 »

Wellston and Alexander are in too.

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

Just like at the varsity level, Freshman & JV teams are suppose to only play 20 games during the reagular season. As many programs do not have Freshman teams quite often during the regular season the 20 game limit is not met. That makes it possible for some Freshman teams to play in a post season tournament. This is also why there are not JV tournaments and many Freshman teams do not play in post season tournaments. FYI: Middle School/Junior High teams can only play 14 games during the regular season plus one post-season tournament (not to exceed 4 games).

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

Tossithigh wrote:Just like at the varsity level, Freshman & JV teams are suppose to only play 20 games during the reagular season. As many programs do not have Freshman teams quite often during the regular season the 20 game limit is not met. That makes it possible for some Freshman teams to play in a post season tournament. This is also why there are not JV tournaments and many Freshman teams do not play in post season tournaments. FYI: Middle School/Junior High teams can only play 14 games during the regular season plus one post-season tournament (not to exceed 4 games).

you stated 20 game regular season, wouldn't a JV or Freshman tournament be a post season tournament just like Jr. High?

tossithigh
Freshman Team

Post by tossithigh »

old bird wrote:
Tossithigh wrote:Just like at the varsity level, Freshman & JV teams are suppose to only play 20 games during the reagular season. As many programs do not have Freshman teams quite often during the regular season the 20 game limit is not met. That makes it possible for some Freshman teams to play in a post season tournament. This is also why there are not JV tournaments and many Freshman teams do not play in post season tournaments. FYI: Middle School/Junior High teams can only play 14 games during the regular season plus one post-season tournament (not to exceed 4 games).

you stated 20 game regular season, wouldn't a JV or Freshman tournament be a post season tournament just like Jr. High?

The OHSAA regulations as written specifly mention the JH post season tournament. Since there is no mention of post season tournament for JV or Freshman that seems to imply that 20 games is the max. JV and Freshman can move up to varsity during the post season tournament.

Return to “Boys Basketball”