Upset specials : #4 seeds or lower that will prevail.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Upset specials : #4 seeds or lower that will prevail.

Post by Main Man »

I like the Westfall Mustangs as a #6 seed in their bracket.

The second round after beating #11 Adena, they will give #3 Eastern Brown all they want.
Last edited by Main Man on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Re: Upset specials : #4 seeds or lower that will prevail.

Post by Main Man »

Adding to that I like #5 Portsmouth over #1 Peebles.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Either team would be a tough game for either Peebles, North Adams, or Paint Valley...whichever team makes it out of the sectional.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

#5 VC has a good chance to take down #4 Sheridan in the DII Logan Sectional.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Clay at #6 has a shot. They have beaten the #2 seed Green twice and if they can win the first match against #3 Manchester, they will play the winner of ND/East vs Green. They have already beaten all of these teams.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

The #5 seed Northwest if they get past #4 Huntington Ross I feel they have the players to beat #1 seed Peebles if they play them

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

If Northwest beats Huntington they will probably play Zane Trace.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

my2cents when did Clay beat Manchester? Since you said that they have beaten all of these teams.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Wheelersburg over Oak Hill !

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Gallia Academy versus Athens could get interesting.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I like #6 Southpoint. I could see them knocking off #3 Chesapeake and maybe #2 Piketon.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

HoundsAre4Real wrote:my2cents when did Clay beat Manchester? Since you said that they have beaten all of these teams.

I believe he meant to say that they have beat east, notre dame, and green

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

This is nothing new with me, but I believe Portsmouth has the athletic ability to play in the final 4. To think Ironton, Peebles and Portsmouth would all be in one bracket at the district level, is pretty pathetic. You really need to seed the teams as the season is ending, not early on. Everyone in that seeding process knew that Portsmouth was no worse than #3. Heck, they beat Chesapeake just hours before the draw. Ironton lost two games in December. They have won like 14 in a row. They beat Chillicothe (D2) twice, Logan (D2) twice, Marietta (D1 or D2), Jackson twice, Gallia Academy twice, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Africentric, Warren (D2) twice, Fairland. Can someone display Oak hills resume'? Yes, i know they won a D4 title last year, but who did they beat this year to "earn" a #1 seed?

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

From what I understand..the best team that they have beaten so far has been waverly...and that isn't anything to really brag about...I don't see any way possible that Ironton isn't a #1 this season...Ironton has won the state in football twice now..but do we get ranked #1 because of last season...or the years before...sometimes we do get a pre-season high ranking just on the coaching and past along with some high expectations...the good coaching does raise the expectations, but come the end of the season...usually the top team stands out and if a team isn't deserving their ranking goes down...however...after this basketball season has been played..Ironton has outclassed all the other teams...Norm is a good coach..but so is Lafon.....I am glad though that they didn't give Ironton the number one spot..now we can play the underdog role...lol...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Beating Waverly is nothing to brag about? Logan Elm seems to think it's a pretty big win. It may be nothing to brag about but only 3 teams can say they have (Oak Hill by 2 at Oak Hill, South Webster when Waverly was without Martin and Logan Elm-season opener at Zane Trace).
Norm must have been scared Waverly would beat them at Waverly because he refused to play the make-up game this past Saturday before the draw. Both teams sitting at home not playing Saturday night when they had an open date to paly it. WAVERLY WANTED TO PLAY IT.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Oak Hill is a solid team. Yes Ironton plays in a tough conference but you SEOAL followers love to dog the SOC. The #1 could have went either way IMHO.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Beating Waverly is nothing to brag about? Logan Elm seems to think it's a pretty big win. It may be nothing to brag about but only 3 teams can say they have (Oak Hill by 2 at Oak Hill, South Webster when Waverly was without Martin and Logan Elm-season opener at Zane Trace).
Norm must have been scared Waverly would beat them at Waverly because he refused to play the make-up game this past Saturday before the draw. Both teams sitting at home not playing Saturday night when they had an open date to paly it. WAVERLY WANTED TO PLAY IT.

Didn't realize that....I guess Waverly is somewhat better than I originally thought...schedule wise...Norm needs to get some rocks and let his team prove that they deserve the ranking...backing down because of the possibility of losing before the draw is pathetic...even if it assures them an easy first round win...

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

TIGERS90 wrote:From what I understand..the best team that they have beaten so far has been waverly...and that isn't anything to really brag about...I don't see any way possible that Ironton isn't a #1 this season...Ironton has won the state in football twice now..but do we get ranked #1 because of last season...or the years before...sometimes we do get a pre-season high ranking just on the coaching and past along with some high expectations...the good coaching does raise the expectations, but come the end of the season...usually the top team stands out and if a team isn't deserving their ranking goes down...however...after this basketball season has been played..Ironton has outclassed all the other teams...Norm is a good coach..but so is Lafon.....I am glad though that they didn't give Ironton the number one spot..now we can play the underdog role...lol...

Ironton has two losses and one of those was a loss to Manchester. Oak Hill is undefeated with help from a forfeit.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Ironton lost to Manchester way early in the year...did they have all their football kids then? Did it make a difference

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

jchitwood wrote:I like #6 Southpoint. I could see them knocking off #3 Chesapeake and maybe #2 Piketon.

I have to agree. We will have played Peake for the 3rd time in sectionals. You know it is hard to beat a team 3 times when they are close in athleticism!

Return to “Boys Basketball”