Eastern @ Green

Eaglesnest
All State

Eastern @ Green

Post by Eaglesnest »

Hoggy is slipping again? I'm forced to start another thread... ;-)

Eastern has already claimed the title, but is taking their undefeated conference record to Green tonight and to Symmes Valley tomorrow night.

The Eagles have already locked in a #2 seed in their sectional draw as well. Dangerous game without much to play for. Fitch better have them focused heading into the Furnace.

I'll take the Eagles by 10.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Re: Eastern @ Green

Post by jeepmadness »

Eastern all weekend.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

I'll say Eagles by 15. If they get the win, it will be the first back to back wins at green for a long time. (They won their last year and green is a very tough building to play in.) Alot of people are doubting green's 2 seed in the tourny, so I'm sure they will want to come out and prove the doubters wrong. Eastern better be ready if they want to win this one.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Green just got beat by SV by 22 the other night. I dont think they are thinking about a #2 seed, I think they are just worried about staying in games and winning another one this season.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Green lost to SV by 18 50-32

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Any final on this one yet?

thornbush33
Waterboy

Post by thornbush33 »

Eastern72.....Greeeeen...48

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

#2 seed

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I said the got the #2 seed because of the three games snowed out. Peeble, SV and Eastern, all three losses.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

LOL...I was thinking it and ironman92 said it. Nice job SOC I coaches.*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sure didn't help SW any....likely would've faced the Fairfield/Green winner...instead they get a very high ceiling Whiteoak team or Fairfield.

I think only Manchester and Whiteoak are the only teams that could beat Webster more than a couple times out of 10.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yep...Webster would've faced an SHL team regardless of where Green was seeded. Manchester was the one who actually benefits from this farce.*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

yep

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

art_vandelay wrote:Yep...Webster would've faced an SHL team regardless of where Green was seeded. Manchester was the one who actually benefits from this farce.*

Art,

Webster is much improved and seen them tonight. However, I think Eastern Pike and Manchester are both capable of beating the Jeeps because of their size. Any team with a solid post presence will give the Jeeps fits IMHO.

Congrats Eagles on another conference road win....Undefeated in the league would be a great way to finish the regular season!

How often have the SOC1 or SOC2 conference champs won the league without a blemish?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Eaglesnest wrote:
art_vandelay wrote:Yep...Webster would've faced an SHL team regardless of where Green was seeded. Manchester was the one who actually benefits from this farce.*

Art,

Webster is much improved and seen them tonight. However, I think Eastern Pike and Manchester are both capable of beating the Jeeps because of their size. Any team with a solid post presence will give the Jeeps fits IMHO.

Congrats Eagles on another conference road win....Undefeated in the league would be a great way to finish the regular season!

How often have the SOC1 or SOC2 conference champs won the league without a blemish?

Manchester should be a tough out for anyone in the D-4 tourny this season.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

I think the Jeeps and Eagles are heading for a collision course at the Convo. If they both reach that goal, with the Eastern having the tougher draw, I will say the Eagles win in a tight one. I am a SOC II guy but the Eagles are on a mission this season and Webster can be a little suspect at times. But...who knows. ;-)

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Green was only down 2 late in the 3rd quarter.
in this game. I'm getting tried on of all you Green haters on
here crying about them being a 2 seed.
get over it. Besides SO. Webster all the other
teams are weak.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Eastern won 72-48. Green hung with them for 3 qtrs and was only down 1 (35-34) with 8.5 minutes left then Eastern exploded. Don't know if the Cats ran out of gas or the Eagles pressure D got to them. Green played 3 qtrs. of solid D and Pierce had his best game of the season. Congrats to the Eagles.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

I had to leave at halftime of a very good game.. Green was down by 7 at this time.. Congrats to Green's JV's on picking up a nice win... I sat by an Eastern dad. His son started for the Eagles.. Had never met him, but he was an individual with a lot of class.. Best of luck to Green and Eastern in post season play..

The singing of the National Anthem by Green's quartet was again superb.. outstanding, as always..

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Congrats to the Eagles!

Return to “Boys Basketball”