The best teams

rebound42
Waterboy

The best teams

Post by rebound42 »

Who are the best freshman jv and varsity teams.

rebound42
Waterboy

Re: The best teams

Post by rebound42 »

The best freshman teams are most likely to be fairfield and peebles. But the best jv team would be ripley and the best varsity would be peebles and mabey eastern

YC08
Riding the Bench

Post by YC08 »

realize this site goes beyond the southern hills league! these are all good teams, but I'm sure other leagues will weigh in on this!

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

rebound42 wrote:The best freshman teams are most likely to be fairfield and peebles. But the best jv team would be ripley and the best varsity would be peebles and mabey eastern

There is a world outside of Peebles, Ohio.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens JV I believe are 18-1 .. or maybe 17-1 .... Vinton County JV's were the only team to beat Athen so there pretty good as well.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

In my 40 years of watching high school basketball, I have never seen a better freshmen class than the one at Ironton right now........they go at least 10 deep.......and all are talented........they have four 6-4 kids, guards, shooters, depth, athleticism......two of them play varsity........I think it's safe to say that the Fighting Tigers will be a beast in D3 for the next several years.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County's JV is undeafeated with wins over Athens, Logan Elm and Zane Trace just to name a few. The Freshman have only 1 loss on the season and the Varsity has 4...Not sure on the exact number but VC boys basketball as a whole is something like 35-5 this season so far. Thats pretty darn good.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

how many of vinton county's wins are against d2 or d1 schools?

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens JV I believe are 18-1 .. or maybe 17-1 .... Vinton County JV's were the only team to beat Athen so there pretty good as well.

Athens JV team is 17-2 with both losses against Vinton Co. That same group of sophomores are currently 34-2 the last 2 years and something like 60 - 4 since 7th grade. Think they will definitely be a team to consider pretty good.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

No question about this, ironton has a very outstanding freshmen class and if they can keep there coach and team together? Mark my word, before they are finshed this group will win a State Championship!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I may be wrong about this but didn't Warren's Freshman beat Ironton's freshman?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:I may be wrong about this but didn't Warren's Freshman beat Ironton's freshman?

According to Irontons Freshmen schedule they didn't play Warrens Freshmen team this year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

trojandave wrote:In my 40 years of watching high school basketball, I have never seen a better freshmen class than the one at Ironton right now........they go at least 10 deep.......and all are talented........they have four 6-4 kids, guards, shooters, depth, athleticism......two of them play varsity........I think it's safe to say that the Fighting Tigers will be a beast in D3 for the next several years.

Coming from a man that really knows his Basketball, that is quite a compliment

Thanks Trojandave..........

Return to “Boys Basketball”