Freshman Team

Coal Grove vs Ironton 2/27 Sectional Final

Post by tigerpower89 »

Thoughts

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coal Grove vs Ironton 2/27 Sectional Final

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I would think this game brings the "Rastafarian Hornet" and "I AM Forrest" out of hibernation........... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

YAWNNNN CAKE WALK!!!!

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

its gonna be sad no chance for the grove

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

The winner of this game moves on. The winner should be 17-3 Ironton. However, back in December, Ironton was upset by Manchester, so anything can happen.
Another example would be to look at Portsmouth. I believe they went 12-6 with a loaded roster. So as you can see, anything can happen on any given night. If you look at Portsmouth threads, there are folks from portsmouth who think their team could lose to Lucasville. That would be nearly impossible, but I guess on a small scale still possible.
Ironton needs to turn on the defensive pressure and take care of the basketball on offense. if they do that, they will advance to The Convo.

sad that these two schools, seperated by only about 4 miles, have to travel 45 miles to play. Couldnt they just play this game at Rock Hill?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Haven't seen Coal Grove play this year.......but Ironton's defensive pressure will be hard for the Hornets to handle.......I look for Coach Ward to try to keep the score under 50 points, maybe even 40.........The Fighting Tigers' play with more intensity than any other team I have seen this year........one of main reasons why I think it will hard for the Hornets to control tempo.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Hornets really struggle handling the ball against pressure if you get up on them have a lot of trouble making shots. Have some height but at times play smaller than they are.

Ironton by whatever score they want it to be.

bean counter
Waterboy

Post by bean counter »

With real refs and not the homers that Ward employs, Ironton should win BIG!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

This one will get ugly!

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Schools should be able to flip a coin like the Ironton/Portsmouth game a few years ago in football...or play at a closer school...don't know if either ad has approached it..though it would be nice.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Will you PortsMOUTHians, Ozzie and Tobias, please pipe down?? You already ruined Ironton's perfect SEOAL season last Sat - don't further jinx us this Sat in the Tournament with that kind of "pushover/cakewalk" talk. I worked with a lot of Coal Grovers many years ago who constantly lamented that Ironton wouldn't ever play them because the Tigers were too scared the Hornets would beat them. Well Coal Grove has its longstanding wish now for a game against the hated Ironton Tigers.
I'm not going to underestimate them!!!

As for TIGERS90 and 85inside, I agree. It is ridiculous, esp given late Feb potential weather conditions, to expect 2 schools located 5 miles apart to travel, what?, over 100 miles round trip?, to Jackson to play each other!
Rock Hill gym obviously already has OHSAA Tournament hosting approval - wouldn't that make more sense as a neutral location??

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Seen both teams play 2 times this year and I really like Ironton in this one. I'll say this one will be a low scoring afair because of Irontons tough defense and Coal Grove being known to play a slow style.

Ironton 47
Grove 32

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

TIGERS

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

coal grove soft schedule finally catches up with them as ironton is a powerhouse and will dominate in every aspect of this game, ironton will win by as much as they want to

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: The only powerful thing in Kitty town is the smell you have to tolerate passing by.

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

WELCOME BACK FORREST!!! Now where is the Rastafarian Hornet???????

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

There are some rapscallions from both camps on here; TTT and Forrest not being the least of them. I'll be pulling for the ol alma mater. Hopefully they can put on a good show. Good coaching matchup...

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

Tobias wrote:
caglewis wrote:Will you PortsMOUTHians, Ozzie and Tobias, please pipe down?? You already ruined Ironton's perfect SEOAL season last Sat - don't further jinx us this Sat in the Tournament with that kind of "pushover/cakewalk" talk. I worked with a lot of Coal Grovers many years ago who constantly lamented that Ironton wouldn't ever play them because the Tigers were too scared the Hornets would beat them. Well Coal Grove has its longstanding wish now for a game against the hated Ironton Tigers.
I'm not going to underestimate them!!!

As for TIGERS90 and 85inside, I agree. It is ridiculous, esp given late Feb potential weather conditions, to expect 2 schools located 5 miles apart to travel, what?, over 100 miles round trip?, to Jackson to play each other!
Rock Hill gym obviously already has OHSAA Tournament hosting approval - wouldn't that make more sense as a neutral location??

You can blame Amen Corner, Rhianon, 85inside, and ItownHosscat for beginning the "pushover/cakewalk" talk...

:roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

All i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!
That is the funniest post i have seen in since the portsmouth Ironton Thread :mrgreen:

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Amen! Amen Corner! Amen......

Nothing but respect for our fellow Lawrence countians.One things for sure Neither one of these teams will be getting "knuckle bumps" from the refs prior to the game.NOR will the refs allow one student section cheer and run amok on the sidelines all the while telling the other they need to calm down.

WHP :evil: :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: The only powerful thing in Kitty town is the smell you have to tolerate passing by.

nice to see the Forrest hasnt lost his touch.............ol readnwritn and I had a long discussion about you tonite and he told me you would be back........now if we can get ol rasty back we can really get it going.............. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”