Federal Hocking @ Reedsville Eastern

gh123
JV Team

Federal Hocking @ Reedsville Eastern

Post by gh123 »

Anyone have an update on the score for tonight?

athens78
All State

Re: Federal Hocking @ Reedsville Eastern

Post by athens78 »

Any score.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I just got a text 70-55 eastern

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

Great job eagles

thebearupthere34
Freshman Team

Post by thebearupthere34 »

Thompson, Clark, and Rex all got in foul trouble in the 2nd Quarter. Eastern took advantage.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern dominated

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Took advantage? No they played like any team wood one players are in foul trouble. Score would have favored Eastern even more had Thompson decided to actually make 3s late

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

If Federal Hocking had a coach, then they would be much better..He gave up at halftime

j9racing
Freshman Team

Post by j9racing »

classof86 wrote:If Federal Hocking had a coach, then they would be much better..He gave up at halftime

I think he gave up when he got the T i dont know what it was for.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I think the bench got it. And he like hardly even talked to his players throughout the game

colts01
Waterboy

Post by colts01 »

Federal Hockings coach gave up and had no clue what to do. He's just a lost ball in tall weeds.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I THINK COACH MURRAY IS A PRETTY GOOD COACH ... HE'S JUST YOUNG AND NOT FROM AROUND THIS AREA ... HE'S FROM ACC COUNTRY AND THEY PLAY A DIFFERENT BRAND OF BASKETBALL THAN OHIO (WHICH COULD BE CONSIDERED BIG TEN COUNTRY)

I HAVE SEEN MANY ADULTS/COACHES TRY AND MOTIVATE THIS GROUP OF LANCERS - COACH ELLCESSOR LAST YEAR, ROCKY BRUNTY (BASEBALL) ... AND THEY HAVE HAD A DIFFICULT TIME MOLDING THE GROUP INTO A TEAM THAT 'APPEARS' TO PLAY LIKE THEY CARE DEARLY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS ... TYLER THOMPSON IS SO SMOOTH AND LAYED BACK AND RELAXED - ITS ALMOST LIKE HE'S NOT HUSTLING OR PLAYING LIKE HE'S NOT REALLY 'INTO IT.' .... BUT NOTHING COULD BE FUTHER FROM THE TRUTH, IT JUST APPEARS THAT WAY ... DeWAYNE CLARK - he hustles so freakin much with a motor that never quits - if for any reason he isn't diving all over the place or running around like a Madd Mann people thing he's not into the game ... when in fact, he's just tryin to play basketball instead of relying on his heart & hustle all the time ... TORRENCE is a lot like Thompson - they both play smooth and relaxed ...

I can't put my finger on why Federal Hocking doesn't seem to live up to their potential - the same thing happened last spring on the diamond ... perhaps that is why Coach Murray looked to be giving up tonight after 19 games, I am sure he really wasn't, but fustrated I bet he is.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LAST SEASON FEDERAL HOCKING WENT (8-11 OVERALL, 5-5 TVC-HOCKING) and that was the same group of players plus GRANT SMITH (ALL LEAGUE PLAYER) AND 6-FOOT-4 CENTER JUSTIN STANLEY ... This year they are (9-11 overall so they have improved one game) and that is after replacing two key starters from last season ... With what they have in terms of overall talent form the starters to the bench players, I think Coach Murray has actually done a pretty good job ... For a 24-year old, its real good ... Most coaches have years & years of experience - and most of them in this area have years & years of experience coaching kids from southeastern Ohio ... Murray is only 24 and he's just now getting his taste of 'rural Ohio' after living in Virginia I believe it was ...

I mean, look what Howie has endured & learned over the years ... you just can't compare those two if they're sharing the same court on a given night.

thebearupthere34
Freshman Team

Post by thebearupthere34 »

1st Quarter 15-9
2nd Quarter 23-7 (No clark, thompson, rex)
3rd Quarter 18-16 (No thompson last 4 minutes 4 fouls)
4th Quarter 19-18

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

The group is weird period. They take a lot of long and stupid 3's

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://trivalleyconference.com/ has been updated .... (Saturday, Febuary 20th)

ALSO ... more stuff has been added .... the TVC-NEWS link has new articles and the SCHEDULES link is full of updated tourney info for girls and boys.

MENTALIST
Waterboy

Post by MENTALIST »

THERE SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT DOES NOT MATCH THERE ABILITY OR WORK ETHIC IN BASKETBALL !!!! ALL THE SO CALLED BRAINTRUST IN THE COMMUNITY DOES NOT NO CRAP ABOUT COACHING!!!

brokenwind
Waterboy

Post by brokenwind »

MENTALIST wrote:THERE SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT DOES NOT MATCH THERE ABILITY OR WORK ETHIC IN BASKETBALL !!!! ALL THE SO CALLED BRAINTRUST IN THE COMMUNITY DOES NOT NO CRAP ABOUT COACHING!!!

It's "their" sense...braintrust.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Congrats to the Eagles — and coaches Howie Caldwell, Dave Weber and Tim Baum — on a fine regular season and an unblemished TVC Hocking championship. You all — and I mean every single individual involved — have played a very significant role in making this happen.

19-1 is the best I've ever seen down here for a hoops regular season in all three counties, so kudos gentlemen.

Best of luck to you and all the area programs in the postseason.

BW

colts01
Waterboy

Post by colts01 »

93Bulldog wrote:I think Coach Murray has actually done a pretty good job ... For a 24-year old, its real good ... Most coaches have years & years of experience - and most of them in this area have years & years of experience coaching kids from southeastern Ohio ... Murray is only 24 and he's just now getting his taste of 'rural Ohio' after living in Virginia I believe it was ...

I mean, look what Howie has endured & learned over the years ... you just can't compare those two if they're sharing the same court on a given night.

Maybe you should talk to Murry, ask him where all of his plays came from. Ask the players what his coaching and his practices are like, ask anyone who has witnessed one of his practices they all say the same thing, they are a joke. If the boys aren't prepared how can you blame them for not playing well? The kids shouldn't have to make all the decisions, that's why they have a coach, their job is to play and his job is to coach, but if he isn't doing his job then the boys try to do that part to.

If the will to want them to win would be enough he wouldn't have lost a game but the fact is he doesn't have the knowledge to coach basketball at this level.

And you are right, Howie and Murry shouldn't be compared, they aren't even close to being in the same class.

Good Game Eagles, Congratulations to Howie and his boys!

Return to “Boys Basketball”