WARREN vs ATHENS

Stopsign
Waterboy

WARREN vs ATHENS

Post by Stopsign »

I believe Athens has only lost one game this year and Warren has lost four. What do you think who will pull out this sectional game? Two excellent teams and two great coaches that believe in their athletics. :?: :?: :?:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: WARREN vs ATHENS

Post by 1987chieftains »

GO BLUE DEVILS

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Too much peace pipe, no Blue Devils in Athens or Warren.

Be a big challenge for the Dogs, Warren is very very good.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

1987chieftains wrote:GO BLUE DEVILS

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Athnes can win this one. They play great D and they take care of the ball.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

This topic is going to get a lot of hits, im telling you now. People have been waiting all year for Athens to match up against one of the better SEOAL teams. Here we go.. By the way I like Warren by around 5-10

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Your right hardrock...Athens has a shot to gain some respect that they have been lacking from most Seoal posters...No reason why this one shouldnt be close...Athens has won close games all year long...6 by less than 5 points...so when it comes down to crunch time..the Dogs know how to win. Good luck to the Bulldogs from VC!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Think of it this way Athens struggles with Belpre and Warren dominated them twice. Warren 54 Athens 44

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

A short song will summarize my thoughts on this subject.

Here we go, Warriors, Here we go...Here we go, Warriors, Here we go...Here we go, Warriors, Here we go-o....WARREN WILL RETURN TO THE CONVO

This game will be much closer and much more competitive than last year's sectional matchup. Warren by 15.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote:Think of it this way Athens struggles with Belpre and Warren dominated them twice. Warren 54 Athens 44

That doesnt make sense...VC beat Belpre by 10+ points twice this season just the same as Warren...Athens beat VC twice in two VERY close games...so I can turn that logic around just the same. No matter who beat who...this will be one heck of a game with HUGE bragging rights on the line for the TVC or the Seoal.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

I think to say Warren will win by 15 is a bit bold. However, I think Athens dream season will be over soon. Warren 62-56

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Should be an outstanding contest..... I've been big on Warren since day one but I've watched Athens a bunch this year I still feel Warren has the team to go to the sweet 16 & I'm picking them to upset the Dogs by 4 points

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Lets go Warren, remind them why they left the SEOAL!! :lol: :lol:

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

By playing Athens and Warren back-to-back, Warren may have an edge with depth and strength, but Athens is quick and the Bulldogs play good defense.

I thought AHS looked much improved from its 56-31 win over the Gallians back in December.

Warren Local has been impressive in racking up a 17-4 record but I think the Bulldogs, right now, may have their best school record ever at 19-1.

This game should be a real slobber knocker.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Warren is just so active and they have def played the tougher schedule. I think Athens has had a great season just a bit overrated.

Should be a great one!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Bulldogs season wasn't overrated ... any team that goes 19-1 deserves a lot of credit, its a very tough task to accomplish in high school basketball.

I stand by my comments earlier this week - the game will be as close as it possibly can be for all four quarters ... whichever team converts their free throws, especially down the stretch, avoids foul trouble and doesn't turn the ball over in the fourth quarter will squeak by with a win ... don't underestimate the refs either (they have been known to decide big games like this and who knows which side will get favored come game night)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Warren takes this one-seems like all their players are playing well.

What is the W & Ls of the teams Athens played.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Both teams well coached ..... I see Warren winning .....

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Good Luck Warriors from Chillicothe!! SEOAL represent!!!

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

athens, looks like you are definitely the underdog in this game. no way you should win. guess all the pressure is on warren. ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”