Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III / Peebles Wins 70 to 45

jchitwood
All State

Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III / Peebles Wins 70 to 45

Post by jchitwood »

Biggest rivalry game in years. North Adams has been to the Convo for 8 straight years...either Peebles snaps the streak or the Devils pull off the upset of the budding century. Thoughts?
Last edited by jchitwood on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Peebles vs. North Adams, Part III

Post by Ironman92 »

It would be no more of an upset than Lynchburg or Fayetteville beating Peebles....neither did..bit it was very tight!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

When was the last season NA didn't win a tourney game? They have made the district something like 14 out of the last 17 years....did they win tourney games those years they didn't make the Convo?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I know they won the Sectional in 1990, 1991, 1993-1999, 2002-2009. Not sure about those off years...

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I'm not even from that conference but Ive seen North Adams play. And nothing against them so dont be hatin on me but if they win the sectional then global warming is a real thing!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

ovc fan wrote:I'm not even from that conference but Ive seen North Adams play. And nothing against them so dont be hatin on me but if they win the sectional then global warming is a real thing!

you don't think global warming's real? I'm confused...

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Considering the weather we have had and all the snow...let me think a second....uhmmm. NO!!!!!!! Haha. Good luck over that way.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

ovc fan wrote:Considering the weather we have had and all the snow...let me think a second....uhmmm. NO!!!!!!! Haha. Good luck over that way.

sure, because the only thing that has ever happened is what's happening right now. In fact...wait a second...it's dark! There's darkness everywhere. The Sun is GONE!!!

But seriously, I wish I could be at this game.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

Well considering the first two games this year Peebles won by 20ish, the first quarter and a half of both games pretty much belonged to North Adams, if they can put it together for four quarters it would be upset city, other than that GO DEVILS!!! :mrgreen:

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Good luck to both of you. Sure we'll be hearing more about this matchup!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I will take Peebles by 12. North Adams will end up playing better than they probably should.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Tribe, what were Blake and Andrew's totals tonight?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jchitwood wrote:Tribe, what were Blake and Andrew's totals tonight?

24 and 25 respectively. Blake is at 1503 for his career and Andrew is at 1252.

bring-it-on
Waterboy

Post by bring-it-on »

TribeManiac10 wrote:I will take Peebles by 12. North Adams will end up playing better than they probably should.

TribeManiac10,
How about explaining just how NA will end up playing better than they probably should ? That's a brilliant prediction.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

bring-it-on wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:I will take Peebles by 12. North Adams will end up playing better than they probably should.

TribeManiac10,
How about explaining just how NA will end up playing better than they probably should ? That's a brilliant prediction.

Bring-it-on,
I was simply pointing out that Coach Young has an incredible ability to get the most out of his players come tourny time. Peebles won the 2 previous matchups by 21 and 19 respectively with NA playing almost flawless in both first halves. So I would consider them losing by 10-12 playing above what they did during the regular season.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baddog
Riding the Bench

Post by baddog »

Look for Peebles to be more amped than expected it the biggest rival the indians have. I would like to know when the last time Peebles beat na three times in a row or if they ever have. It will probaly mean alot to the team if they put na out, it would be a giant win.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

baddog wrote:Look for Peebles to be more amped than expected it the biggest rival the indians have. I would like to know when the last time Peebles beat na three times in a row or if they ever have. It will probaly mean alot to the team if they put na out, it would be a giant win.

Yes a sectional championship over Peebles' biggest rival following a season like this one would be huge for our team, especially the seniors.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Good Luck Peebles!!!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

over the years i have seen undefeated teams lose to much worse teams than north adams. north adams can play loose as they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. they have no pressure on them whatsoever, all of the pressure is on peebles. i heard a great coach once say that pressure can be a good thing unless a team lets that pressure turn into stress and stress is the bad thing. how you handle pressure is the key, if you embrace it can be a good thing, if you let it turn into stress it can be a very bad thing. the term is "stressed out" not "pressured out."

Indian Fanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian Fanatic »

sparky wrote:over the years i have seen undefeated teams lose to much worse teams than north adams. north adams can play loose as they have everything to gain and nothing to lose. they have no pressure on them whatsoever, all of the pressure is on peebles. i heard a great coach once say that pressure can be a good thing unless a team lets that pressure turn into stress and stress is the bad thing. how you handle pressure is the key, if you embrace it can be a good thing, if you let it turn into stress it can be a very bad thing. the term is "stressed out" not "pressured out."

You are right Sparky anything can happen, we never dreamed that Zane Trace would put us out last year, we just couldn't get it together. You argue NA has nothing to lose but they do, I'm sure they want to go to the districts and they certainly don't want to lose the opportunity to move on to Peebles, their nemesis.

I'm hoping that both Peebles and North Adams come to play and we see a great game and let the best team win. Don't want to take anything away from either team but I'm pulling for my Indians.

Return to “Boys Basketball”