SEOP

Re: SOC 1 POY???

Post by TribeManiac10 »

McVey?

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

Gotta be 1 of the boys from Eastern. Which 1 is the question? Always a different guys stepping up each game. Hard to pick 1 on this very good TEAM. GO EAGLES!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Larry Bird wrote:Gotta be 1 of the boys from Eastern. Which 1 is the question? Always a different guys stepping up each game. Hard to pick 1 on this very good TEAM. GO EAGLES!

Agree with Larry Bird, but who ill it be? I assume the coaches vote on it so with Eastern's balance it could be any of 4 players? Or will they give it to Tibbs as I'm sure his stats are probably tops in the league???

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I say tibbs should he is the best player in the SOC

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Eastern shut Tibbs down to 8 points last game.I dont know who will get it but it will be from the undefeated SOC 1 champion Eastern Eagles!McVey,Montgomery,or Thornsberry?

BlueBaller45
Waterboy

Post by BlueBaller45 »

I would have to go with Montgomery he always gives you solid numbers night in and night out..

eagleworld
Waterboy

Post by eagleworld »

i guess i would give it to thornsberry,he is the one with the ball in his hands at the end of the game he has made some big shots and made some really clutch free throws .
Coach Fitch really deserves a lot of credit here,because two years ago i never would have dreamed we would have had any player in the running for player of the year, and now we have three possibly four that u can make an argument for great job coach u have really developed these boys into good basketball players.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

And even more importantly hes teaching the life lessons for when they are off the floor a nice combo to have in a coach .

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Very tough decision to make here. If I had to choose one I would say Montgomery as POY. He has a good post game, can hit the outside jumper, and can play good defense against opposing big men. You could really make a case for any of the starters, but I'll go with Montgomery. If Tibbs does get it though, I don't really have an arguement their. Did SV end up finishing second or was it Green or Clay?

$howtime24
Waterboy

Post by $howtime24 »

Eastern had 0 losses
symmes valley had 4
clay had 5
green had 6

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

Im leaning towards Doug McVey. Hes always on the team's best player and does a great job containing them. You cant stop a player but you can keep in contained. McVey did an excellent job of that all year and he scored the ball. Another reason he should receive the award is because he is on the SOC I championship team.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think McVey if for no other reason than he led his team to a undefeated league record . That has to be the tie breaker right there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”