SOC 2 VS SEOAL

soccerfix
Varsity

SOC 2 VS SEOAL

Post by soccerfix »

Maybe everyone put too much emphasis on how good the SEOAL was this year. Waverly beats Chillicothe and Jackson; Valley beats Portsmouth. Ironton and Warren are left but they haven't played a SOC team yet. SOC 2 teams still left: Valley,Waverly, Northwest, South Webster and Wheelersburg. Four sectional championships with Webster still to play.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: SOC 2 VS SEOAL

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

SOC2 > SEOAL

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironton won the league so we'll see what they can accomplish. Oak Hill won the SOC2 and we see where they ended up, haha. But, they did lose to another SOC2 school.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

This has to be a joke... did some jack*** really start this thread? Warren, Ironton, Pmouth, Chilly can play with anybody in SE ohio and there is no denying that. This thread should be deleted, its going nowwhere. Ill specifically take Warren and Ironton over any of the previously mentioned...JOKE

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Ironton won the league so we'll see what they can accomplish. Oak Hill won the SOC2 and we see where they ended up, haha. But, they did lose to another SOC2 school.

Whom Ironton beat by 16 at Wheelersburg.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I realize that this thread was probably created to ruffle a few feathers and will more than likely accomplish the task, but you can't deny the actual facts. In head to head tourney play, the SOC II has outperformed the SEOAL up to this point. If the roles were reversed, you would have someone else start a thread stating the dominance of their league as well.

There is no denying that the SOC II has earned the reputation as a strong conference. They have produced a couple state championship teams in the past 6 years (Oak Hill and South Webster), but you have to give the SEOAL it's accolades as they have produced one of their own recently as well (Chilly).

You have to admire and enjoy the love of basketball in SE Ohio. Hopefully we can produce another state champion this year. I can guarantee you that once the chips have fallen and the dust has settled, all fans will be rooting for SE Ohio teams regardless of which conference they are from.

Good Luck to all SE Ohio teams!

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

hardrock21 wrote: Ill specifically take Warren and Ironton over any of the previously mentioned...JOKE

You probably would have thrown Portsmouth and Chilli in with those two also..... BEFORE THE FACT. But now AFTER THE FACT that they are gone, you limit your picks to Ironton and Warren who are still in it. :lol:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Valley knocked off Ptown
Waverly knocked off Chilly

WHO'S NEXT!?!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I know I will take a beating for this but I don’t care. I still believe that Portsmouth is better than any team in the SOC, but they were unable to get back up for the game with Valley after the big Victory over Ironton.
Ironton is the best team in the area, I think Waverly and Chillicothe are as about as evenly matched as can be and if they played 10 times would end 5-5, I would say PHS is right at the same level as those 2 and would make for great games with Waverly.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

who else did Ptown lose to?...

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

To clarify I’m not trying to say the SEOAL is unbeatable, because that is obviously not the case. I think the 2 leagues are very close, in skill level, but I think the throughout the course of a SEOAL team would do better in the SOC then and SOC team in the SEOAL.

I don’t know just my 2 cents.

Good luck to Ironton and the SOC teams the rest of the tourney.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Chilli 2
Warren 1
Ironton 1
South Point early in the year without Horn and McKinley and Johnson had just come back the game before.
S. Webster- early without Horn and McKinley and was Johnson's first game

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

With the SOC being so dominant and Ironton going independent, I would assume the SOC will have an invitation for membership on Irontons AD's desk very soon.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Ironton is leaving the SEOAL?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't know who would win between Waverly and Warren

Jackson played both.....Warren destroyed us at Warren but we, without any doubt SHOULD have won at home with a 7 point lead and 3 left we take a horrible 3 pointer and their kid off the JV team goes haywire drilling 3's in regulating and OT to beat us. I think Jackson could beat Warren on occasion (1 out of 4 maybe 2 out of 5 times).......Waverly on the other hand was not a good matchup and would beat us a higher % of the time I believe...we played them 10 times....I'm not sure we'd win 2 of them.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

this is a fact: if oak hill played in the SEOAL they wouldnt win the league,, IMO they would be middle of the pack more then likely behind Ironton, Chilli, Warren, Portsmouth

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

lets have a SOC-SEOAL challenge just like BigTen ACC,,Pac 10 Big 12

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

85inside wrote:With the SOC being so dominant and Ironton going independent, I would assume the SOC will have an invitation for membership on Irontons AD's desk very soon.

I highly doubt that. The SOC just rejected Portsmouth last year. Why would they invite Ironton?

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

If Ironton and Wheelersburg continue to win would they end up playing each other in the regional?

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

Daniel Larusso wrote:
85inside wrote:With the SOC being so dominant and Ironton going independent, I would assume the SOC will have an invitation for membership on Irontons AD's desk very soon.

I highly doubt that. The SOC just rejected Portsmouth last year. Why would they invite Ironton?

Man I love the Karate Kid(Daniel Larusso's picture)

Return to “Boys Basketball”