Coaches District 14 list released

kahn
Freshman Team

Coaches District 14 list released

Post by kahn »

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/bookmark/6605611/Coaches%20District%2014%20list

The District 14 Basketball director approved the list for release today. Check it out at this link as part of the PDT Sports Blog site.

sparky
All State

Re: Coaches District 14 list released

Post by sparky »

didn't arnold from peebles graduate last year?

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

What a crock Dillon Newsome from Jackson isn't even mentioned.

pistolpete40
Waterboy

Post by pistolpete40 »

Out of Bounds I believe if you're referring to Jackson High School they are in District 13, not District 14. I would check the thread on that. I could be wrong though.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

lol, you are correct. I got worked up for nothing.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

What's the deal with these names. Some are correct and others graduated last year. Where did this team come from? :aaaaa8

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Same thing happened witht he District 13 list....Even had one kid going to the wrong school.

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

I'm sorry, but you can't tell me, afte rwatching the Peebles/Valley game tonight that Andrew Seaman is third team and Blake Justice is second team....????

Those with voting privileges just served a HUGE injustice to two of the finest players in ANY district! And those with voting privileges are adults, right?

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

both made 1st team in the AP list

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

I would say that the reason Justice and Seaman slipped to second and third team in the coaches poll was because some coaches were probably upset about what happened there. The Peebles coach did not get paperwork in on time and by rule the Peebles players should not have been able to be on a district team at all. The Peebles coach pleaded his case and the coaches had to take a vote on whether to make the exception this one time. There were a number of coaches who were against making the exception because it was unfair to the teams left out in the past because of this rule. I would say that it made some difference on the voting. The Peebles kids were not allowed to make an all state team because the state has the same rule about paperwork and the state would not go back even though the Peebles coach pleaded his case to them as well. The only one to blame here is the Peebles coach for not doing what he was suppose to in a timely manner. The Peebles kids are lucky to have been allowed on a district team at all.

cheer 'em on
Riding the Bench

Post by cheer 'em on »

Ohhhhhhh. Now I am understanding more. It's more about the Coach than a top performing high school student athlete.

Don't get me wrong, I understand we have to have rules to go by, and I am in no position to even know the rules for the district teams, etc., and I don't pretend to know them. I just know that to say two kids who are, without question, the top athletes of the district, shouldn't even be allowed on a district team is absurd!

superfly
Waterboy

Post by superfly »

I was told that Mr Lawhorn did not recieve his packet in time to get in back in. (he does not teach at school) That is BULL CRAP the coaches poll is and also will be political.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Division IV

First Team

Jordan Thornsberry Eastern Junior

Chris Cox Fairfield Junior

Steven Russell New Boston Senior

Wes Loop South Webster Senior

Conner Scott South Webster Junior

Second Team

Doug McVey Eastern Senior

Blake Blevins Manchester Junior

Dylan Hanson Manchester Senior

Jon Garrett Sciotoville East Senior

Kory Bakenhaster Western Senior

Joe Michael Whiteoak Junior

Honorable Mention

Nate Burchett Clay Junior

Kevin Montgomery Eastern Senior

Alex Henson Fairfield Senior

Nate Pinkerton Green Senior

Travis Combs Manchester Sophomore

Levi Horsley New Boston Sophomore

Brad Pierron Notre Dame Sophomore

Corey Haywood Sciotoville East Junior

Austin Loop South Webster Sophomore

Aaron Satterfield Western Sophomore

Ben Barnett Whiteoak Senior

Division IV Player of The Year

Wes Loop South Webster Senior

Division IV Coach of The Year

P.J. Fitch Eastern

Congrats to Thornsberry, McVey, and Montgomery for your District honors. Congrats to Coach Fitch yours also!

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

cheer 'em on wrote:Ohhhhhhh. Now I am understanding more. It's more about the Coach than a top performing high school student athlete.

Don't get me wrong, I understand we have to have rules to go by, and I am in no position to even know the rules for the district teams, etc., and I don't pretend to know them. I just know that to say two kids who are, without question, the top athletes of the district, shouldn't even be allowed on a district team is absurd!

Yes, they are very deserving, but as you said there are rules and those rules apply to everyone.

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

The schools receive the information for coaches dues at the beginning of the season. They have like 3 months to get it in. No excuses really. Now maybe the school never gave it to the coach I dont know. Still Peebles fault. Someone there messed. I am not one to punish the kids either, but it is a rule and Peebles didnt follow it.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

They both made 1st team in the AP poll, which says it all. Nothing can be done about it now but as a coach, to not vote for kids you know are deserving of that honor is just morally and ethically wrong.

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

As i said on an other topic ,, I dont think the kids should be punished for someone elses mistake.. I dont care whos fault it is.. And I understand a rule is a rule... it needs to be changed.

Chained Eagle
Riding the Bench

Post by Chained Eagle »

IMO there is nothing ethically or morally wrong about it. There were rules. A coach must be a member of the association in order for any of his/her players to be considered/nominated.

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Indian man wrote:As i said on an other topic ,, I dont think the kids should be punished for someone elses mistake.. I dont care whos fault it is.. And I understand a rule is a rule... it needs to be changed.

or maybe Peebles just needs to follow the RULES!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

You shouldn't punish the kids because the coach made a mistake. The game's for the kids.

Return to “Boys Basketball”